• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balboa

Why does it matter if Xhaka may or may not have known that he wasn't held in high regard as a player, by the fans?

Because you implied that there wasn't any reason for him to feel he was being embarrassed when he heard jeering. You said nobody knew what it was directed at initially.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Because you implied that there wasn't any reason for him to feel he was being embarrassed when he heard jeering. You said nobody knew what it was directed at initially.
Well again, that's his problem. Reacting like he did is more or less unprecedented, and it is for a reason. I sympathise with anyone going through a rough patch in life, but our reactions define us.

Balboa

Well again, that's his problem. Reacting like he did is more or less unprecedented, and it is for a reason. I sympathise with anyone going through a rough patch in life, but our reactions define us.

So my timeline is this

(1) He's subbed. (as he had been against Sheff Utd)
(2) Jeers (in my opinion, he clearly has abundant reason to suspect hostility from home fans, I'm sure he's heard/read lot before this moment)
(3) He walks off (nobody knows why, he could feel an utter sense of deflation at his dream job turning sour, anything, we don't know his mental health. Looks to me from the video like he throws armband to Auba expecting him to catch it but he doesn't.)
(4) He's booed loudly by many
(5) He reacts badly. He makes a mistake.

Conclusion of many fans on this forum.

(a) Jeering and booing by fans is 100% acceptable when a player is not good enough to be a starter/captain to take the club up to the next level where they want to be, even if they act professionally and do their best.
(b) Xhaka is totally out of order. He has no excuse. His mistake is unforgiveable. He threw the armband, the shirt. Citing online threats that may have affected him mentally makes it worse because it's just a smokescreen and he's failing to take responsibility. And did we mention he's garbage at football?
(c) Anyone challenging (a) or (b) thinks Xhaka is an elite player who Arsenal should be aspiring to have starting.

My conclusion. (a) , (b) & (c) are all wrong.

To be constructive. Fans should focus on their own mistake. Go back to (2 & 4) and don't do them. Then (3 & 5) might not happen. When 3 & 5 have happened, don't do (b) because it shows no compassion and doesn't help anyone. Choose other means to pressure the club to improve. Simple and not hard.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

It didn't happen over night.

The player fell out of favour with the fans due to his performances, and nothing else. This happens in football and you don't need me to give you examples.

What performances? Xhaka was among the best performers in the previous seasons. Get your facts straight. Xhaka should have never signed for Arsenal knowing what a toxic environment was surrounding Arsenal due to the fans who were at war with Wenger and he was immediately targeted for being Wengers expensive signing, regardless of how good he performed.

Xhaka was aware of this unfair judgement, however, he was committed to Arsenal and fans, until the glass was full. I dont think there is any other player who was more loyal to the club, manager, players, including fans.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Erlis is back!

Now I can rest

I doesn't really matter anymore, I am all for him to leave in January. Maybe that will make happy everyone all sides. I think you should play for the club that you will be happy. money is not that important, after all.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I doesn't really matter anymore, I am all for him to leave in January. Maybe that will make happy everyone all sides. I think you should play for the club that you will be happy. money is not that important, after all.

The treatment of Xhaka by Arsenal fans was terrible. They are always looking for a scapegoat and someone to blame now that Wenger is gone, it was Mustafi then once he was out of the team they turned on Xhaka. It was Kronke for a while too but he just spent some money and they all forgave him for everything.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Mustafi and Xhaka both taken equal amounts of criticism during their time here. Two big signings that have disappointed.

Jae

The treatment of Xhaka by Arsenal fans was terrible. They are always looking for a scapegoat and someone to blame now that Wenger is gone, it was Mustafi then once he was out of the team they turned on Xhaka. It was Kronke for a while too but he just spent some money and they all forgave him for everything.

He's not a scapegoat and neither is Mustafi. In my opinion there are bigger issues at Arsenal than these pair of clowns, but you can't deny they have single handedly cost us numerous games between them over the past few years. Think people have reached their limit, as they did with Wenger.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We were getting overrun in midfield with him playing too...the problem is none of our midfielders are great, have we had a worse collection in the middle since say the Emirates move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom