• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

He should have never extended his contract, I was against it, not because I hate Arsenal club but because I don't have such a high opinion of Arsenal fanbase. I mean there are people whose opinions I respect but there are also many others who I dont really like.

The best thing to do for him is to move on and swim in new waters. Why not. Since Wenger left I never liked arsenal so much anymore. Hopefully the club will find a good new manager and they will go back to their football for what they were appreciated.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He'll be gone soon
source.gif

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
No, Willian wasn't a figure of hate. As the article says, a random person/bot tweeted "Leave my club for good ASAP."

If you click on the Willian 300 celebratory tweet there is a multitude of Chelsea fans replying abusing him. Just one click, all you had to to to verify.

The lowest form of trolling is lazy trolling - can't even be bothered to put in the work FFS :lol::lol:

Balboa

If you click on the Willian 300 celebratory tweet there is a multitude of Chelsea fans replying abusing him. Just one click, all you had to to to verify.

The lowest form of trolling is lazy trolling - can't even be bothered to put in the work FFS :lol::lol:

Just one click....after I'd already done one click....means 2 clicks....your dishonesty continues :Celebration::trophy:

"But not all fans were so damning.

Tom Clifford replied: "Shame about some of the pathetic replies. Congratulations Willian. Fantastic servant for our football club, always worked hard as well, many more to come."

There is mixed feeling among Chelsea fans."

Let's face it. Barely any Arsenal fans, in the stadium or online, believe that Xhaka is good enough to be a starter for Arsenal. The disagreement is entirely about how to approach that, despite the fact that many try to spin it to make it seem as though those defending the player actually rate him.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
don't have such a high opinion of Arsenal fanbase. I mean there are people whose opinions I respect but there are also many others who I dont really like.
Sounds to me like you don't have a high opinion of people... Or do you think there's a land somewhere far away, where you'll respect everybody's opinion on everything?

Balboa

Sounds to me like you don't have a high opinion of people... Or do you think there's a land somewhere far away, where you'll respect everybody's opinion on everything?

Respect is something to be earned. The Arsenal fans did not do that by singling Xhaka out without reason. The posters who justify their behaviour are defending the indefensible and their opinions should be challenged.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Respect is something to be earned. The Arsenal fans did not do that by singling Xhaka out without reason. The posters who justify their behaviour are defending the indefensible and their opinions should be challenged.
Wait, you think the fans have to earn the respect of the player? :facepalm:

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I think the players of the club you support are there to be supported and not treated like ****. But, in my opinion wherever a big money is involved, not only in football, then it is not any more about support or love but trying to look important by "supporting" a big club.

Balboa

Wait, you think the fans have to earn the respect of the player? :facepalm:

Everyone has to earn respect. That's not to say that without earning respect, you should automatically be disrespected. Even if it's only for selfish reasons. If fans make arses of themselves they can take the club down with them and players won't want to sign.

Arsenal fans need to earn respect from everyone. Each other, the club, other supporters, citizens. They are perfectly able to do so by not acting in a classless manner.

This tit-for-tat mentality is what is fueling all of this. Think outside of the tit-for-tat box and it's quite easy to see how to proceed.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think the players of the club you support are there to be supported and not treated like ****.
It didn't happen over night.

The player fell out of favour with the fans due to his performances, and nothing else. This happens in football and you don't need me to give you examples.

When he finally got boo'd there were a sequence of events that happened in a matter of seconds which ended with boos for the player.

It started with cheers or jeers, and nobody even knows who they were aimed at--it could have been Xhaka, Emery or just the situation we were in. The boos were due to Xhaka's reaction to a sound that he didn't even know was aimed at him specifically, or not. All the rest is history now.

Last edited:

Balboa

You forgot to switch accounts mate

Mate. You forgot to become outraged about a group of men you have nothing to do with failing to kick a ball into a net more than another group of men you have nothing to do with. Or to be deeply offended by someone cupping their hand in response to thousands jeering.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Mate. You forgot to become outraged about a group of men you have nothing to do with failing to kick a ball into a net more than another group of men you have nothing to do with. Or to be deeply offended by someone cupping their hand in response to thousands jeering.
You have a problem with the concept of football fandom. You appear to be trying to rewrite a book that was written at the beginning of time because you've decided to be upset, this time, with how it all works.

Balboa

It didn't happen over night.

The player fell out of favour with the fans due to his performances, and nothing else. This happens in football and you don't me to give you examples.

When he finally got boo'd there were a sequence of events that happened in a matter of seconds which ended with boos for the player.

It started with cheers or jeers, and nobody even knows who they were aimed at--it could have been Xhaka, Emery or just the situation we were in. The boos were due to Xhaka's reaction to a sound that he didn't even know was aimed at him specifically, or not. All the rest is history now.

You said yourself it didn't happen over night, yet you pretend Xhaka didn't know he was a target.

The boos were before he'd reacted and presumably for the speed with which he came off. Nobody knows why he walked off instead of running though.

How many players do you expect to be moved out in one summer?
Ramsey
Elneny
Iwobi
Mkhi
Suarez
Monreal
Koscielny
Welbeck
Cech
Ospina
Lichtsteiner
Jenkinson
Bielik

+ Mustafi & Özil not performing

Last edited:

Balboa

You have a problem with the concept of football fandom. You appear to be trying to rewrite a book that was written at the beginning of time because you've decided to be upset, this time, with how it all works.

The problem I was highlighting was the staggering hypocrisy at the heart of the "man-up" arguments. Getting irrate and offended about such inconsequential things while expecting a human being under pressure to never make mistakes. I can only assume it's a release for peoples' unhappiness and distress in daily life. Unfortunately, I think it just makes things worse and achieves nothing.

I have an opinion about how football fans should not behave, that is all. Nothing to do with THIS time, specifically.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The problem I was highlighting was the staggering hypocrisy at the heart of the "man-up" arguments. Getting irrate and offended about such inconsequential things while expecting a humna being under pressure to never make mistakes. I can only assume it's a release for peoples unhappiness and distress in daily life. Unfortunately, I think it just makes things worse and achieves nothing.

I have an opinion about how football fans should not behave, that is all. Nothing to do with THIS time, specifically.
Again, all you're doing here is displaying a somewhat detached view of how it all works. It's a tough profession if things aren't going well. If you make more mistakes under pressure, you can't expect fans to give a toss about that... It's down to the player to improve or the manager to move him on, and the fans have way to persuade the manager.

Good performers don't experience it...

Balboa

Again, all you're doing here is displaying a somewhat detached view of how it all works. It's a tough profession if things aren't going well. If you make more mistakes under pressure, you can't expect fans to give a toss about that... It's down to the player to improve or the manager to move him on, and the fans have way to persuade the manager.

Good performers don't experience it...

The choice to single out a player for embarrassment is the problem. It isn't normal and shouldn't be normalised. Making a mistake under those circumstances is understandable and should not be jumped on.

Silence is sufficient to demonstrate the lack of approval of a player in terms of quality when they are subbed off.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You said yourself it didn't happen over night, yet you pretend Xhaka didn't know he was a target.

The boos were before he'd reacted and presumably for the speed with which he came off. Nobody knows why he walked off instead of running though.

How many players do you expect to be moved out in one summer?
Ramsey
Elneny
Iwobi
Mkhi
Suarez
Monreal
Koscielny
Welbeck
Cech
Ospina
Lichtsteiner
Jenkinson
Bielik

+ Mustafi & Özil not performing
Why does it matter if Xhaka may or may not have known that he wasn't held in high regard as a player, by the fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom