Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Balboa

Balboa Active Member

Goodness. Given the hostility towards the man in the stadium and on this thread, I can only fear that many will take this as a "victory". Not seeing that they are harming themselves, the player and the club. Our society might be consuming itself. Horrendous stuff.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 likes this.
  2. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Get a grip, ffs.

3. EmeryCan

EmeryCan Well-Known Member

He’s not completely wrong.

I hope Xhaka sticks around so the rabid fans don’t just find another player to blame for our poor form.

BigPoppaPump and Balboa like this.
  4. Balboa

Balboa Active Member

This forum, and the stadium are places where people are expressing furious anger and intense elation....as a consequence of whether or not one set of men they have nothing to do with kick a ball into a net more often than another set of men they also have nothing to do with. And they care about that more than the mental health of a human being who did nothing wrong other than cup his hand and swear under pressure of thousands humiliating him from their relaxed, unaccountable positions of safety, to which the fans in the stadium and the forum reacted by losing their ****. And you say I need to get a grip....

:rofl:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 1:04 AM
  5. Token Yank

Token Yank Well-Known Member

We could always recall Mkhitaryan.

Balboa likes this.
  6. Token Yank

Agreed. But I think @rich 1990 was referring more to the society comment.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  7. Balboa

Balboa Active Member

Speculative possibly. Hyperbolic perhaps. There are reasons to believe it might be the case. Anyone familiar with the book Amusing Ourselves To Death by Neil Postman may understand what I'm referring to. It's not as if you can't make a case that this type of stuff is related to other things we see, such as an alarming apparent revival of racism in some areas of the game. Abuse of the likes of Sterling and Rashford on social media, banana peel thrown at Auba.

8. Token Yank

Get a grip, ffs.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  9. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

If he's sold then it should've been for footballing reasons, i.e because he's very average and extremely error prone. If he does move on then we can draw a line under this sorry scenario. I suspect some of his fans will hold a grudge for a very long time though....

Jae likes this.
  10. Balboa

Balboa Active Member

I think this might actually be the strategy of Arsenal's genius fans. They are going to see if they can become the first club in history to systematically hound their squad out of being averagene into a top side one player at a time. Let's see how it pans out....

It'll be interesting to see who's next. I suspect Pepe, Luiz & Sokratis might be looking over their shoulders and of course those remaining CMs won't be under any less pressure now they take on a greater burden.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 1:05 AM
  11. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

What I learn from this that emery really bad at handling these kind of situations with the media.

Also for people saying that emery throw xhaka under bus they maybe bit wrong emery always trusted xhaka he made him captain taken him off in tow stright games when we wanted to score goals is not wrong all managers do that.

I think xhaka won't play for us again and he'll desperately looking to leave in January it'll be good for both parties

12. Balboa

Balboa Active Member

Does he have any fans? I thought the situation was that barely any fans rate him as a player? I've barely heard anyone defending him in terms of his ability to be a starter moving forward.

I thought it was widely assumed he was next in line to be benched or moved on, after the moves in the summer with Ramsey, Kosielny, Monreal, Mhki, Iwobi, Welbeck, Elnenny, Lichtsteiner, Jenks, Cech, Ospina, Suarez, Bielik. Mustafi & Özil sidelined.

When you look at the length of that list, it's not exactly rocket science to see why the club had to wait longer to phase Xhaka out and they probably knew there's a good chance Emery won't be in charge for the next summer transfer window so they'd want scope for a new manager to have input into how the midfield shapes up.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 1:00 AM
  13. Steps

Steps Well-Known Member

14. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Leaves in January.

This is a mess of Emery's making because he's an utter moron.

15. Stannis

Stannis Well-Known Member

Regardless of how poor a player is, this isn’t how they should leave a club.

All it does is unfairly put the club and fans in a negative light.

Emery didn’t have any easy choices here, but he has just completely stuffed it up. I don’t think it helped that he took so long to confirm Xhaka as captain as well.

Trilly, North5, RacingPhoton and 2 others like this.
  16. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

Arsenal fans love a scapegoat. Kolasinac would be next on the list but I assume he’s earned some good will with the mugging situation. But Arsenal fans always look for someone to blame for the issues, at least when Arsène was still here we gad someone to blame.

Balboa likes this.
  17. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Could also be that some players aren't good enough.. like koscielny ;)

18. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Still no custom title.

Every fanbase of high-level teams is like this though. This isn't something unique to arsenal.

RacingPhoton and Mark Tobias like this.
  19. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

YES!!!!!! VICTORY!!!!

RacingPhoton likes this.
  20. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

It's like people have never seen ultras, madrid fans or hockey fans

RacingPhoton and North5 like this.