• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

But that's always the hook if you cannot get/attract absolute top managers like Guardiola or Klopp. At some point you need to look leftfield an give it to someone from a smaller club and see how it works out.

I guess there are so idiosyncratic situations like Streich at Freiburg where I'd never try to get him out of that zone, but I don't think this needs to be the case with every manager coming from a smaller club than Arsenal. The club should have the courage to be creative instead of going for the usual available suspects.

People might have moaned about Marco Rose in the summer when he was still at Salzburg, now some think he'd be an interesting option if available.
All managers start somewhere and someone has to be ready to give them a bigger stage. For me though Howe has been in a comfort zone to long and never really seemed to want to leave it. The manager needs to be willing to take risks. I look at Moyes at Everton as a prime example. I actually think he is a decent manager but he got far to comfortable at Everton. Howe needs to take a side step and replicate what he has done or better still improve upon it.

Wilder has made moves he has progressed up and taken those risks. If we are looking at one of those two for me its him as he has shown he can succeed at different levels in different clubs.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Never liked the American way of city-mascot names myself, but the closest club to me, Sporting KC, isn’t too bad.

Of course they were the Kansas City Wizards for many years. I was a teenager/early 20s in the 70s when the old North American Soccer League had its run of popularity, so a lot of the mascot names were around even then. And of course England has always had its share of such names (Blackburn Rovers, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Queens Park Rangers, etc.). And there are a few really off-the-wall club names such as Sheffield Wednesday (maybe MLS should have Pittsburgh Thursday). :lol:

All managers start somewhere and someone has to be ready to give them a bigger stage. For me though Howe has been in a comfort zone to long and never really seemed to want to leave it. The manager needs to be willing to take risks. I look at Moyes at Everton as a prime example. I actually think he is a decent manager but he got far to comfortable at Everton. Howe needs to take a side step and replicate what he has done or better still improve upon it.

Wilder has made moves he has progressed up and taken those risks. If we are looking at one of those two for me its him as he has shown he can succeed at different levels in different clubs.

Agree on this.

It felt very much like we had Sevilla version of Emery not a version that was ready to be at top club with big targets. I touched on this a lot of times, that Emery needed to evolve as a manager. We can't fall into the same trap again!

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
I wouldn't argue that you're so much wrong about "American sports" as you are ignoring that it's a global epidemic. Man City did their "All or Nothing"...that's pretty sell-out. Everything is still "mic'ed", the games are entertainment, etc.

The patriotism? Yeah, that's one I'll give you, but I don't see an American coach making Dortmund or whoever suddenly sing their anthem (which they do in int'l games lol).

And no nerve, just slip into sloppy insults when I'm on a MB...bad habit. btw I coach low-level baseball as well!
Maximum respect.✊

myoldarsenal

I`m not trying to do anything, i just want serious discussions on a important matter. And yours comments about Rihanna, Ariana Grande or whatever is ridiculous and 100% OT.
Same. Game going fan here, I signed up on here to follow serious stuff. And all that's on the page is pointless 'banter' or stuff about GDeep. Blocking that ***** first up was the best thing I did.

As for the club I hope we get someone soon. The last few games before Freddie I went to the ground, had absolutely toxic and dejected atmosphere. We need a buzz and a new announcement soon.

TinFish

Same. Game going fan here, I signed up on here to follow serious stuff. And all that's on the page is pointless 'banter' or stuff about GDeep. Blocking that ***** first up was the best thing I did.

As for the club I hope we get someone soon. The last few games before Freddie I went to the ground, had absolutely toxic and dejected atmosphere. We need a buzz and a new announcement soon.
I’m warming to Freddie personally.
Unless it’s a big name manager (Poch) I’d rather wait until the season end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom