• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
So it looks like we will have an inexperienced, first time manager and the youngest squad in the Premiership.

The two most important things if this is going to work are to build an experienced, strong backroom team around Mikel and for the fans to show patience, support and keep our short term expectations low.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I’m very nervous about this move for Arteta. I think the club are really missing out by not going after the true young gems in management right now, namely Nagelsman, Rose and Potchettino, who have already shown that they have what it takes to take us to the next level in relatively quick time.

I’d hazard a guess that we did make a move for Potchettino and that probably amounted to nothing, so I can forgive that one. But for us to not seriously court the other two managers (and I don’t think our leadership has such vision thus no approaches made) is a tragedy and we will see other clubs rise as a result of this.

Arteta does however sound like a promising prospect and great future manager, and as much as it would have taken the other names mentioned time to fix us as a team, do I feel it would take longer for Arteta, if he is to succeed at all.

We going to have to give Mikel time, I reckon this season is about survival, and next season would probably be a write off as well. 2021-22 would be the first true measure of his capability and as much as I feel we would be better off than we are today, are we likely to be a top four challenging side at best by then. This is really his first job and that is the shocking stand out statistic for me, and as said at the beginning, it leaves me very concerned indeed.

Mikel has my full support if he is appointed though, he was never my pick under any circumstance but I will regard him as my manager.

Oh and lastly, those pictures are confirmation that our leadership don’t know what the **** they’re doing. We need to get those jokers out of our ****ing club

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I’m very nervous about this move for Arteta. I think the club are really missing out by not going after the true young gems in management right now, namely Nagelsman, Rose and Potchettino, who have already shown that they have what it takes to take us to the next level.

I’d hazard a guess that we did make a move for Potchettino and that probably amounted to nothing, so I can forgive that one. But for us to not seriously court the other two managers (and I don’t think our leadership has such vision) is a tragedy and we will see other clubs rise as a result of this.
Naglesmann is not leaving Leipzig, he only just got there.

HBL

Established Member
Martinelli - Auba - Pepe
Özil/ESR - Guendouzi
Torreira
Saka - Sokartis - Luiz - AMN
Leno
Guessing that will be the team for Everton. Fairly sure we'll go with two of Sokratis, Mustafi, Luiz because Everton will just pump balls into the box at DCL and those three are much better in the air than Chambers.

Our team after summer transfer masterclass:

Martinelli - Auba - Pepe
Ziyech - Castrovilli/Guendouzi
Camavinga
Tierney - Saliba - Koulibaly - Atal
Leno
Absolute scenes.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can‘t wait for 20/21 under Arteta

Leno
Bellerin Saliba Holding Tierney
Neves
Özil Havertz
Pepe Martinelli Zaha​

Let‘s go!
Özil won't be here Havertz won't rather stay at leverkusen then joining a club with no European football Zaha maybe but it looks he joining Chelsea

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
After Emery (which was experience) I don't see the risk in going for an unproven manager. And Arteta is as good as any in that regard while having been able to learn from Pep for nearly 4 years.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Naglesmann is not leaving Leipzig, he only just got there.

And the heir apparent in Munchen.

Rose however is a loss, I cannot get over that one. He is human as Gladbach lost yesterday but my analysis has shown an absolutely brilliant track record so far. More impressive than Fonseca and even Jardim to me and will be the next breed of elite level managers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom