• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
It's funny because everyone is totally done with Özil the footballer now. Everyone. Most admit it, some are just too balls deep and/or feel they have a tribal connection with him and can't be seen to abandon a comrade. He's just a side show but, christ, it's quite embarrassing for the club. Getting shot of him excites me almost as much as welcoming Arteta.

bandaid

It's funny because everyone is totally done with Özil the footballer now. Everyone. Most admit it, some are just too balls deep and/or feel they have a tribal connection with him and can't be seen to abandon a comrade. He's just a side show but, christ, it's quite embarrassing for the club. Getting shot of him excites me almost as much as welcoming Arteta.

nopes, thats just you. He is a great footballer and millions enjoy watching him play.

Wryer

Strikes as one who will suddenly announce a retirement of out of nowhere when he feels he's done. I do think he has fell out of love with football, and that's irrespective of his talent and technique.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

Inject these words of wisdom straight into my veins. Also have noticed a tendency from some posters who constantly ****s on other players to give Özil a free pass. But, what do i know?

chessygoal

I'm not giving up on Özil.
We'll see soon enough if Arteta wants him in our team. It's his first crucial choice in my opinion. The easy choice would be to bench Özil and try to get rid of him as soon as possible. Most fans will get behind that choice, especially here.
But I sincerely hope that Arteta takes the hardest road and tries to revive Özil's career at Arsenal. It's the right timing, he got married, left the national Team, disappeared for a year, it's now or never if Özil wants to finish his career on a high.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I'm not giving up on Özil.
We'll see soon enough if Arteta wants him in our team. It's his first crucial choice in my opinion. The easy choice would be to bench Özil and try to get rid of him as soon as possible. Most fans will get behind that choice, especially here.
But I sincerely hope that Arteta takes the hardest road and tries to revive Özil's career at Arsenal. It's the right timing, he got married, left the national Team, disappeared for a year, it's now or never if Özil wants to finish his career on a high.

It was now or never many years ago, when you know Özil could have actually saved Wenger's Arsenal career by turning up when Wenger needed him the most. Arteta's main job is to modernize the club, and that includes shifting the team away from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3. Will Özil be able to change himself to a new player?

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Angel Di Maria and Modric belong there before him. If he was so amazing for Real why were they so quick to sell him?
Small matter of 3 CL titles immediately after they sold him too... Ouch. Seems like they identified what it was going to take, then acted. Unfortunately, Arsenal were desperate for a marquee signing at the time and Wenger was behind the times in thinking a pure No.10 was the way forward. Still, great memories when we signed him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom