• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
There wouldn’t be any debates if he was scoring, he is playing CF for Arsenal. Had chances against Chelsea, Utd and Bournemouth. Was poor against Palace. Hard for a new manager like Arteta when your striker is costing you like this.

Every player has their share of dire form, for me it's not a detrimental period to Lacas Arsenal career. I really think he will turn it around soon.

I think he was good in the first half against Palace, underrated assist. Really lovely work from Luiz and Özil as well, ofc.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Think we are yet to see the best of Laca! Him upfront with Martinelli and Pepe flanking him plus a new playmaker excites me

There is no best to see yet. He has reached his plateau and what you see is what you will get from from him.
I have watched Laca playing for the last 10 years, he is a decent striker that can be very frustrating (and frustrated) at times. I don't believe though he is good enough to lead the line, day in and out, for Arsenal FC. If there is a chance to keep Auba, I would be fine with selling Laca.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Amazing how Lacazette isn't good enough for Arsenal or Arteta, and Auba is a better striker than him...when Arteta has picked him to start every game for us since he took over upfront ahead of Auba, and he is currently wanted by Atletico Madrid...strange...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Amazing how Lacazette isn't good enough for Arsenal or Arteta, and Auba is a better striker than him...when Arteta has picked him to start every game for us since he took over upfront ahead of Auba, and he is currently wanted by Atletico Madrid...strange...

What’s so strange? Arteta doesn’t have many options and needs results, Auba, Laca and Pepe are the only 3 experienced attackers he has. Then you’re looking at Nelson and Martinelli.

Simeone seems to sign strikers every season and they don’t work out. Kalinic, Morata, Vietto, Gameiro, Torres, Martinez. His record with strikers is poor, Costa is the best one he’s signed.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What’s so strange? Arteta doesn’t have many options and needs results, Auba, Laca and Pepe are the only 3 experienced attackers he has. Then you’re looking at Nelson and Martinelli.

Maybe it's time to admit that there is just some things that Laca does better than Auba, Arteta seems to think so...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He was never fast but he's definitely slower. In France you could at least trust him to maintain separation if put through on goal, now I feel like anybody could catch him.

Besides that he's got the yips wrt his finishing. About a year or two ago Laca was the one you'd trust to execute the shot with Auba being the guy with the better nose for goal. No idea what's happened, I blame the nonces on A-M who take out their life frustrations on him.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

The people who can’t appreciate that are invariably the same people who thought Giroud was a top CF (i.e. utterly clueless), so it’s hard to take any of their criticisms too seriously.
:lol::lol::lol:

I've decided to just laugh at certain people's posts rather than analyse them critically. Life's been a blast since!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

we need to upgrade ASAP.
No we don't. We have Auba?

If anything you downgrade and get somebody younger who's not as good but has potential to match/eclipse him.

A lot of Laca's criticism is that he's not as good as Auba, which is weird because we have Auba.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Say Yes talking about clueless posters when this bum champions guys like Unai, and Luiz who has been exposed all season. No surprise he rates Lacazette.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Firmino isn't even that great btw.

Compare his stats per 90 to Laca's (particularly his home/away goals split) and a lot of you using Firmino to bash him wouldn't talk as much.

GDeep™

League is very weak
No we don't. We have Auba?

If anything you downgrade and get somebody younger who's not as good but has potential to match/eclipse him.

A lot of Laca's criticism is that he's not as good as Auba, which is weird because we have Auba.
Auba is leaving though, guy has no interest in extending after calling off contract talks earlier in the season.

We probably need two new strikers. Moussa Dembele I’ll take.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
We gave Laca a go for a few seasons and I think we’ve seen his ceiling. He’s not a **** player by any means, but I think it’s the right time to trade out and recycle the cash elsewhere. One of our problems is balance - we’ve got a lot invested in CF, while we’re using square pegs in round holes elsewhere. He’s 28 too, so I think it’s now or never when it comes to recouping a significant amount of his original fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom