• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s not like Wenger signings didn’t make massive profits pre and post those deals too.

It’s not Wenger who fell out of the CL, it was Arsenal. Nobody can still tell me why we struggled so much with money until 2015 when we had a billionaire in charge. Even now, somebody tell me, you tell me? Özil or a striker in 2013/14 has become a thing, but why couldn’t Stan throw 30-40M our way to also sign a top striker too? We might have won something.
You are actually going off on a tangent. You're always here banging on about the fact that we spent 150m and went from 5th to 10th. But you're ignoring that we spent 100m in 2016 and dropped out of the CL. Infact that summer was the beginning of the end for us

GDeep™

League is very weak
You are actually going off on a tangent. You're always here banging on about the fact that we spent 150m and went from 5th to 10th. But you're ignoring that we spent 100m in 2016 and dropped out of the CL. Infact that summer was the beginning of the end for us
We continuously go around in circles with this.

2 managers and 300M spent later, how much can we keep putting into 2016, especially when Xhaka and Mustafi are being picked by Arteta over guys like Sok and Torreira.

My point stands, why did we struggle so much with money? Had we signed a striker earlier, we would’ve won a trophy and maybe avoided some of these issues. Why couldn’t Stan help us out, it’s his club, a successful club only benefits him.

You’re hung on these 2016 deals, which I’m finding dubious considering everything that has happened afterwards. I don’t know how much more I can discuss this with you.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Someone tell me why Stan couldn’t say, “I’ll buy Higuain, to go with Özil”.

I’m dumb, we all know that, maybe I’m missing something with the finances or rules or whatever. We could afford Özil but not a striker too, why couldn’t Stan say “**** it, I’ll outbid Napoli for Higuain and give us what we need, here’s 35m”.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why did Wenger have to make a profit every year and sell players until 2013? He’s on record saying this was his mandate.

He done it, and we got CL money etc, great. But surely the odd year here and there Stanley could’ve bailed us out.

Sometimes it feels like the club and fans are paying rent to Stanley just to support this club. We’re the only club in England who are asking players to take a wage cut ffs.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

We continuously go around in circles with this.

2 managers and 300M spent later, how much can we keep putting into 2016, especially when Xhaka and Mustafi are being picked by Arteta over guys like Sok and Torreira.

My point stands, why did we struggle so much with money? Had we signed a striker earlier, we would’ve won a trophy and maybe avoided some of these issues. Why couldn’t Stan help us out, it’s his club, a successful club only benefits him.

You’re hung on these 2016 deals, which I’m finding dubious considering everything that has happened afterwards. I don’t know how much more I can discuss this with you.
The club have always been badly mismanaged, during the latter part of Wenger years and after he left. He only left two years ago, I don't know why you're crying about how she!t the club have been run for the two years since his gone when he was part of the rot during his latter years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The club have always been badly mismanaged, during the latter part of Wenger years and after he left. He only left two years ago, I don't know why you're crying about how she!t the club have been run for the two years since his gone when he was part of the rot during his latter years.

We should’ve got CL last year, had we even a slightly better manager. That would’ve been a successful season. How **** were we really? And we got to a European final.

This year we fell off badly. Losing Ramsey, Kos, signing bums killed us.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

We should’ve got CL last year, had we even a slightly better manager. That would’ve been a successful season. How **** were we really? And we got to a European final.

This year we fell off badly. Losing Ramsey, Kos, signing bums killed us.
What's with this excuses that if we were mangaed by Wenger last season we would have gotten top 4.
Didn't he manage us the previous Season finishing with our worst ever point tally in over 30 years? How are you so sure that Wenger would have gotten us top 4 last season?

For all we know, we might not even have been in the mix if he'd managed us last season.

I'm not blaming Wenger for what happened last season because he wasn't here. It doesn't make any sense to blame him when Emery was the coach

Yes, we might have gotten top four last season if we had a better coach. But let's not forget that we did improve last season compared to Wenger's last season. I'm not saying Emery is good manager. Far from it. He was mediocre at best. But we were just one win away from CL football but bad tactics in home games against CP and BH cost us and I blame Emery for it. But let's not pretend that Wenger would have walked the top four last season

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
What's with this excuses that if we were mangaed by Wenger last season we would have gotten top 4.
Didn't manage us the previous Season finishing with our worst ever point tally in over 30 years. How are you so sure that Wenger would have gotten us top 4 last season?

For all we know, we might not even have been in the mix if he'd managed us last season.

Yes, we might have gotten top four last season if we had a better coach. But let's not forget that we did improve last season compared to Wenger's last season. I'm not saying Emery is good manager. Far from it. He was mediocre at best. But we were just one win away from CL football but bad tactics in home games against CP and BH cost us and I blame Emery for it. But let's not pretend that Wenger would have walked the top four last season

I dont think Wenger would have gotten us top 4 last season, it was apparent that his managerial skill decreased with every year and thats fine. Also doubt he would have gotten us such splendid results against Tottenham (h), Chelsea (h), Valencia and Napoli

UpTheGunnerz

People tend to forget the nice football Emery sometimes provided us. 5-1 against Fulham springs to mind. What was Wengers result at craven cottage his last season? Didnt even bother to show upp ffs

GDeep™

League is very weak
People tend to forget the nice football Emery sometimes provided us. 5-1 against Fulham springs to mind. What was Wengers result at craven cottage his last season? Didnt even bother to show upp ffs
A post about Emery and nice football and @Oxeki ****ing liked it, what is this :rofl:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Didn't he manage us the previous Season finishing with our worst ever point tally in over 30 years? How are you so sure that Wenger would have gotten us top 4 last season?

I'm not blaming Wenger for what happened last season because he wasn't here. It doesn't make any sense to blame him when Emery was the coach

Maybe Wenger would have or wouldn’t have, I don’t know, you don’t know. Can’t deny having a guy like Auba for a full season would’ve helped from the previous season.

You deflected anyway. You claim we fell off due to Wenger, but we should’ve got top 4 last season, it was in the hands of Emery, and we got to a european final, so how much did we fall off? It’s this season that we fell off due to losing Ramsey, Kos, signing a Luiz etc.

UpTheGunnerz

Maybe Wenger would have or wouldn’t have, I don’t know, you don’t know. Can’t deny having a guy like Auba for a full season would’ve helped from the previous season.

You deflected anyway. You claim we fell off due to Wenger, but we should’ve got top 4 last season, it was in the hands of Emery, and we got to a european final, so how much did we fall off? It’s this season that we fell off due to losing Ramsey, Kos, signing a Luiz etc.

Several times you have stated with absolute certainty in your phrasing that Wenger would have gotten us top 4

GDeep™

League is very weak
For the bulk of last season it was a good season, a positive season, we went on a long unbeaten run, we were winning despite playing poor, we were this new pragmatic Arsenal, we were on course for top 4, going into an EL final etc. All positive.

Apart from a few people like me and others, AM was happy and positive with our development.

That all went tits up from about last April till about this new year and now we blame it on Wenger? :rofl:

We threw away top 4 last season, that’s not on Wenger. Get top 4 and what a good season ffs, probably have more to spend too.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

A post about Emery and nice football and @Oxeki ****ing liked it, what is this :rofl:
We did play well against Fulham. What's not to like. Even though I agree that Emery wasn't the right manager for us.

Even our game against Leicester was reminiscent of our 07/08 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom