• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yes. Think it's more ruthless then paying half of his salary to send him on loan, but slightly less ruthless then letting him rot.
How is it more ruthless? You’re accepting defeat and no head of football will accept that, sets a bad precedent.

Özil is bullying Raul here, won’t go on loan, won’t be sold, won’t walk away etc despite all the dirty tactics used by Arsenal and that fat slob Raul.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The club won’t do it. Of course Özil will take it, he can take the money from us and then go look for a contract elsewhere as he’ll be a free agent. Nice cash grab for him personally.

Clubs rarely pay off like this though. Sets a bad precedent too, looks soft.
In some ways it is strong because it’s like “if we don’t like your attitude we will get rid of you”

The only way Raul and co will show they are worthy candidates to lead our club (after this recent ****show) would be to reshuffle the squad and realise that the dynamics of the dressing room is what is causing this. They need to work hard to finance some departures so that Arteta can start to rebuild. We have a good core of young players but we need to bring in slightly more experienced players who are young enough to be hungry.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Özil is bullying Raul here, won’t go on loan, won’t be sold, won’t walk away etc despite all the dirty tactics used by Arsenal and that fat slob Raul.
Yeh maybe he is bullying the club, but he’s also damaging his legacy to be honest.

Maybe not to someone like you but to a lot of people.

GDeep™

League is very weak
In some ways it is strong because it’s like “if we don’t like your attitude we will get rid of you”
Nah, it’s a defeat for Raul, but also a potential precedence for the future.

There is a reason why clubs never pay off big deals like this.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Nah, it’s a defeat for Raul, but also a potential precedence for the future.

There is a reason why clubs never pay off big deals like this.
I don’t see it as a defeat. At the end of the day he didn’t sign Özil on and once a player is under contract they have all the freedom in the world to stay under that contract.

Özil had all the power in the world the second we have him £350,000 a week.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
How is it more ruthless? You’re accepting defeat and no head of football will accept that, sets a bad precedent.

Accepting defeat is letting him run down his contract whilst putting in half-hearted performances. 350k a week for him to play fortnight. Özil has nothing to play for i.e. Germany national place or legacy, so he can and has gone into cruise control.

Big **** Raul will have Özil's clothes in bin liners on the street and shout 'Here's a bit of money, don't ever come back here again'. Boss move.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeh maybe he is bullying the club, but he’s also damaging his legacy to be honest.

Maybe not to someone like you but to a lot of people.
His legacy is written. Go on Wikipedia and look at his personal and team honours. His assists record is the best in the history of football.

The story here is that he and his team mates fell off, at a club that fell off too. Other than Auba and Ramsey, no player has performed here for 3 years now.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

The only way Raul and co will show they are worthy candidates to lead our club (after this recent ****show) would be to reshuffle the squad and realise that the dynamics of the dressing room is what is causing this. They need to work hard to finance some departures so that Arteta can start to rebuild. We have a good core of young players but we need to bring in slightly more experienced players who are young enough to be hungry.

Agree it sends a message. being paid 350k a week to not play sends the wrong message to the rest of the squad. When you've got a kid like Saka or Martinelli running their hearts out for a tiny percentage of what Özil gets, it could damage morale.

Cut the Cancer out of the club: yes, I'm at this stage with Özil.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don’t see it as a defeat. At the end of the day he didn’t sign Özil on and once a player is under contract they have all the freedom in the world to stay under that contract.

Özil had all the power in the world the second we have him £350,000 a week.
Doesn’t matter he didn’t sign him. He’s head of football now and tried to get rid of Özil with some slimy tactics and it hasn’t worked.

Paying Özil 12M would be a massive massive loss for Raul. Guys like Josh and Stan won’t sanction such bs anyway

GDeep™

League is very weak
You guys are wrong. There is a reason why we don’t see more contracts paid off like this. It’s bad business and weak management.

Hjalmaar

Pointless thread.

- No one will pay him the kind of salary that he's currently on.

- The best deal he can make for himself next is as free agent.

He will 100% be here until his contract ends.

sdotzdot

Established Member
I don’t see why we can’t do what United did with Sanchez and just loan him out paying part of his wages. I’d rather pay 50% for no contribution than 100% for no contribution.

Of course, depends on if Özil agrees and he is a massive fraud and a leech but there is clear friction and dislike on both ends so he might be willing to stop being stubborn to just end this **** rather than have it go on for another year. Here’s hoping.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I don’t see why we can’t do what United did with Sanchez and just loan him out paying part of his wages. I’d rather pay 50% for no contribution than 100% for no contribution.

Of course, depends on if Özil agrees and he is a massive fraud and a leech but there is clear friction and dislike on both ends so he might be willing to stop being stubborn to just end this **** rather than have it go on for another year. Here’s hoping.
50% of his current deal is 150k, do you see anyone paying that? The best someone would pay for him right now is 50k. And frankly for saving that much amount, I'd rather have him in the squad.
And I dont blame him for getting whatever he could out of the club. The club was stupid to let both his and Sanchez's contract run down. If there's a silver lining at least we didn't offer 200k to both him and Sanchez as most wouldve had us done, so that we'd been left at a 400k drain on the clubs resources.

Arsenal fans wanted it though? We all wanted him to extend and we all wanted the club to start paying massive wages.

The streets were dancing when Özil extended.

That's the difference between Gazidis and Wenger. Gazidis was dying to be a legend here and did what the fans asked. There are few forumers here who still jerk off over Gazidis tenure here.

Wenger always took difficult decisions. He wanted to veto the Özil contract. He knew the best.

How he won 3 FA Cups in 4 years in this environment I will never know! Elite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom