• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He should have been outta here since 2018 and somehow we're still holding on to him, only to collect dust on the bench.
Shambolic management to say the least.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Man sometimes I really think I should just spend a bit of money so I can actually read these Athletic articles, then obviously I come to my sense and think nah f*ck that.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Man sometimes I really think I should just spend a bit of money so I can actually read these Athletic articles, then obviously I come to my sense and think nah f*ck that.

Just signed up for a 30 day trial to read this piece.

Ødegaard would be my top choice based on the statistics shown. Very creative player. Highly unlikely he's attainable, though.

Golovin also looks good, but his link-up and ball-retention figures are too low for my liking. Kamada is an interesting one. His figures are not that impressive, but very all-round and his highlights show intense work rates and quick feet. So there's potential there.

By the way, David's stats also look very good, but I don't see him in a midfield three due to his limited ball-retention and carry volume. Great link-up play apparently. Surprisingly incredible defensive stats on him too.

pizza_martin_odegaard_2019-20-1.png

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

Ødegaard would be my top choice based on the statistics shown. Very creative player. Highly unlikely he's attainable, though.

Golovin also looks good, but his link-up and ball-retention figures are too low for my liking. Kamada is an interesting one. His figures are not that impressive, but very all-round and his highlights show intense work rates and quick feet. So there's potential there.

By the way, David's stats also look very good, but I don't see him in a midfield three due to his limited ball-retention and carry volume. Great link-up play apparently. Surprisingly incredible defensive stats on him too.

Cool, yeah I was very keen for Golovin to come here when he was at CSKA. Always liked him, partly cos he's Russian, but he's also very two-footed which is one of my favourite traits in players. Struggled at first at Monaco but looks to be getting better. He just signed a new contract though.

In terms of like for like replacement Ødegaard is the dream. Unfortunately I don't think Madrid would be stupid enough to let him go.

I like David a lot too, although i'm not even sure what he is. He's not an attacking midfielder but he's not a pure no. 9 either.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

How many players are profiled in the article btw? From what I can tell it's Demirbay, Jota, Golovin, Coutinho, Ødegaard, David and Kokcu. Were there any more?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully we can come to some sort of deal with him where we pay half of his salary for the final year, and say Fernerbache pay the other half. We need to replace him with a more versatile player that can play 8 or 10. Aouar or Grealish would be immense.

Aouar is my preference, he's even had top champions league performances in a double pivot.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
How many players are profiled in the article btw? From what I can tell it's Demirbay, Jota, Golovin, Coutinho, Ødegaard, David and Kokcu. Were there any more?

Thanks to @say yes:

They are grouped by 3 of the following 4 characteristics: create, retain, press, score. With the idea that players generally have 3 out of 4 of these characteristics, and selection based on what Arteta (or you) want out of the '8/10' role. I highlighted who I found most interesting in each category.

create, retain, press:
- Pascal Gross
- Kerim Demirbay
- Daichi Kamada

None really stand out but Kamada has some interesting potential. Demirbay quite good defensively and chips in with goals.

retain, press, score:
- Diego Jota
- Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Orkun Kokcu

None of them I like as a midfield option, Jota as LW / striker though.

create, retain, score:
- Phillipe Coutinho
- Martin Ødegaard
- Houssem Aouar

Aouar has non-existent defensive traits (surprised me), Coutinho really high scoring rates.

create, press, score:
- John McGinn
- Alexandr Golovin
- Jonathan David

McGinn surprisingly low retain scores in ball-retention and link-up. David surprisingly high defensive traits alongside goal-scoring and link-up. Golovin surprisingly poor in retention and link-up.

David and Jota included based on their SS/CAM role. Coutinho more in a LW/CAM role. Don't think any are suited for a midfield three, though. Can see Jota in a LW when Saka is LCM. That would be great.

ChefMan21

I feel like in a lot of ways the 'textbook No. 10' has been surpassed by the need for a deep-lying playmaker. For me, if I had to choose between Pirlo or Özil playing at equal levels to be part of a modern football team, I'd pick Pirlo every day of the week. Perhaps the day that modern football passed Wenger by was the day we signed Özil?

HBL

Established Member
Need someone that can press & play between the lines. Daichi Kamada is a decent shout, not ready yet but has been impressive since the Bundesliga return.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz

Good choice. The Athletic spent all this money poaching talent, talking about how they bring something extra to journalism, and then they just laid off hundreds during the pandemic. They claim to be top class but act with no class when it comes down to it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No top club in Serie a can give Özil 350k only juve can and they made huge mistake with Ramsey already

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Maybe Ronaldo can get his boy in at Juve? Plus Özil sells shirts. A Napoli or Inter could possibly get him in on a free? Wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom