• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonger

The Saliba situation is a bit strange if that's the full story. I get there's a pre agreed deal on Arsenal paying St Etienne extra money, but if your St Etienne surely its better to have the player available but no payment than to have the player not available and no payment.

Knowing us we will have tried to work it in our favour so they actually pay us.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Never heard of such a clause, kind of strange. Guess it's to make sure the loaning club actually plays the player.

Shame they couldn't meet in the middle. In a normal season we'd have paid the fee anyway. Must be calculated into the expenses already.

Let the guy play his final ffs. Not a great start to his Arsenal days, must be resentful of that fat ****.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Memphis plays as a striker for the Netherlands, but he's more a '9,5' dropping deep and creating space for Malen or Promes on the wings to run channels.

He's class for the Netherlands, providing basically all attacking output/danger. Only downside is he sometimes tries to do too much and sometimes takes too much risk, but if the setup is good you can afford to take some risks.

I believe for Lyon he's more of a free-roaming playmaker winger. He's nominally on the left, but often drifts to the center behind the striker.

I think he would work well with Auba as well as with Pepe who needs to play closer to the goal than he currently is. If Auba were to leave and Depay would play in the center, we could do with an industrious LW (Jota would be my pick). That would be a highly complimentary attack.

He's the only 'established' stiker I considered for my Wishlist, but I'm hesitant due to his ACL injury. His recovery is insanely fast, though.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It took my boy Eduardo Hagn 5 minutes to get on board with signing Memphis.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others"

giphy.gif

Reactions: A_G

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Depay would work quite well if Arteta is wanting Pepe and Auba to cut in from the left and right. Can kind of see what he wants to do.

Have two full backs bombing on like Liverpool, a striker that drops a bit deeper but still offers a lot up front, works very hard. And then two wingers/wide forwards who love coming inside.

Remember that other prem flop, Salah? Yeah turned out decent tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom