• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I’ve always thought there’s other suspect reasons for players‘ “likeability”.

I’d love to know why Aubameyang was viewed as a dressing room cancer at Dortmund but heard nothing here.

Also why is Paul Pogba constantly dug out despite being a World Cup winner? Because he has an Instagram account? I have my theories but that’s for another time.
A lot of stupid fans buy into these stuff.

If a player uses a certain bag, he is ......
If a player dress certain way......
If a player is into charity work......
If a player has good pr on social media.....
If a player speaks about politics.......
If a player has won xxxxxx before.......

To me, what happens on the pitch matters, everything else are rubbish.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Like a real young millionaire should.

Don't get why to be likeable as a footballer you have to reject the privileged life you've worked hard to earn.:lol:
I’ve never understood this myself.

Credit to Tierney though, not the first time I’ve heard him come out with “I came to play for Arsenal not to see London” type spiel.

I don’t understand the flack players get for enjoying their wealth or living appropriately for their tax bracket I’m not sure any of that stuff should be celebrated or shunned.
Just talking generally not anyone here. I remember when Sterling got so much flack for buying stuff and it was hard to watch. I was really happy when he pointed out the inconsistencies of the media but I’m on a tangent now.

Anyways, more power to Tierney just stay off the treatment table please.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’ve always thought there’s other suspect reasons for players‘ “likeability”.

I’d love to know why Aubameyang was viewed as a dressing room cancer at Dortmund but heard nothing here.

Also why is Paul Pogba constantly dug out despite being a World Cup winner? Because he has an Instagram account? I have my theories but that’s for another time.
Your theory is almost certainly right. Not an outright accusation but a good example of subconscious bias.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Tierney is loved because of his attitude And passion toward the game.

That love for him wouldn’t go if we suddenly saw him holding an LV bag pre game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Very solid game for the time he was on the pitch. Didn't give Traore a sniff and teed it up nicely for AMN to finish the job. I'm becoming a huge fan of this guy, does everything so well.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why is that plumber from Serbia playing LCB instead of Tierney?

Get Niles on the left and the Scottish Maldini in at CB.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard

Can't sacrifice his crosses though given that most of our attacks come from left and we don't any creative options through the middle.

Hooplehead

KT is not a CB, the only reason he's played there for Scotland is to squeeze him and Robertson into the same team, that and the fact that Scotland have basically no good central defenders, his biggest weakness as a player is in the air, he'd get found out as a CB, plus it's the overlaps were he excels.

Today showed me he's still a long way from full fitness, he was tired very quickly and still looks in a lot of discomfort the longer the game goes on, probably played a bit too much football in the last few weeks.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Another solid display he handled Adama very well you can tell he not used to play in that level every 3 days 90 minutes non stop but he'll get there.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

KT is not a CB, the only reason he's played there for Scotland is to squeeze him and Robertson into the same team, that and the fact that Scotland have basically no good central defenders, his biggest weakness as a player is in the air, he'd get found out as a CB, plus it's the overlaps were he excels.

Today showed me he's still a long way from full fitness, he was tired very quickly and still looks in a lot of discomfort the longer the game goes on, probably played a bit too much football in the last few weeks.

If he was in so much discomfort he wouldn't be playing as much as he has.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If he was in so much discomfort he wouldn't be playing as much as he has.
he had the time to recover from the surgery and then if he hadnt recovered he picked up another injury which would have allowed any lingering issues an opportunity to recover further. Then obviously weve the Corona break also.

I'd like to think considering all of that the pubis injury is gone. The surgery worked and the ample recovery time has allowed it to heal as best it can.

Halcyon Daze

I’m sure Carragher said something out of order about him during the game. Can’t quite remember what he said but it p.ssed me off. That was when he wasn’t touching himself talking about Traoré.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I’d like to see him as an overlapping LB, exceptional crosser of the ball.
Got tired in the 2nd half but that’s to be expected. Good game.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I’m sure Carragher said something out of order about him during the game. Can’t quite remember what he said but it p.ssed me off. That was when he wasn’t touching himself talking about Traoré.

I think he was talking about how Traore had him beat because he didnt stop a cross coming in once when Wolves were putting on serious pressure at the start of the second half. Id say Traore nearly got sick when he saw a fresh defender coming on. He had thrown everything he had in to trying to beat us in the first half and early in the second half and Tierney was flagging. Nules came on and and the odd sprint he managed after that was tracked and shown the inside of Niles' pocket. Shows that no matter how good your first 11 is a good backup is indispensable, Tierney is a class act but he will run himself into the ground which is what we need from every player, then we can rotate where needed.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
he needs, I suspect, protecting from his willingness to run himself into the ground, and it shows very good management by Arteta to realise that

Halcyon Daze

I think he was talking about how Traore had him beat because he didnt stop a cross coming in once when Wolves were putting on serious pressure at the start of the second half. Id say Traore nearly got sick when he saw a fresh defender coming on. He had thrown everything he had in to trying to beat us in the first half and early in the second half and Tierney was flagging. Nules came on and and the odd sprint he managed after that was tracked and shown the inside of Niles' pocket. Shows that no matter how good your first 11 is a good backup is indispensable, Tierney is a class act but he will run himself into the ground which is what we need from every player, then we can rotate where needed.
Fair enough, thanks for the clarification, and I get your point. I’ll stop the Carragher bashing. For now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom