• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Semi-Final: Arsenal vs Manchester City | Saturday July 18 | KO: 19:45 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooldawg

Established Member
Some shaky moments, Auba could have had another 2 goals. Masterclass performance by everyone. Yes there were a few shaky moments in the beginning and some individual errors. There are some positives, everyone seems to be communicating better in defence, shouting at each other. Xhaka absolutely crucial shielding the defence and Lacazette with some good hold up play and releasing the ball well to the wings for the counter.

We should have had atleast 2 more goals.

Arteta is showing himself to be a master tactician for the moment, the players need to do better against other teams. Imagine where we would be now if we hadn't dropped points in must win matches previously.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Always liked Raph.

Last however many years of watching us defend leads has been extremely nerve racking and painful to watch, tonight however was not, we looked comfortable and I never thought we were really under threat even though they dominated possession.

I dont think we smash-n-grabbed, robbed or whatever, we defended well and scored 2 good goals, the first goal was built in our own half, City didnt have a clue what to do tonight and that was down to our game plan, City never even looked like scoring.

I wouldnt even say we parked the bus until late, we were by far the more dangerous side even when defending deep.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
City also had 16 shots total (vs. our 4) and 71% possession. They spent a lot of time hanging sketchily around the store window.
Yes but we didn't let city play they keep crossing and crossing they never do that even against sit deep Arteta knew how to frustrate them

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Congrats for making into final. Believe it or no, few weeks ago I actually predicted Arsenal vs United in final like the classic FA Cup matches. I just knew Arsenal will beat City because everytime they are so far being favourite, you guys always beat the favourite.

Although, not confident tomorrow for us. We're likely going to use 2nd team and our 2nd team is worse than Chelsea's 2nd team. But then again, Lingard usually score in Wembley so may be he will score the winner.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cant believe I missed the game but was seeing some good friends I haven't seen since pre-lockdown

Watched the highlight and read a bit about it. Sounds like Arteta has instilled how to beat a big team and how to gain our fundamental football back. That's the 1st and 2nd placed team beaten in successio
Arteta masterclass

What a win

Come in the Arsenal!

Have had a few glasses of wine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom