• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
He for sale he wages is 250k a week nobody in right state of mind will pay 80m for Coutinho. They brought him for 130m because they are stupid and badly run club that's why they are in trouble
80m is already the discount price unfortunately (fortunately) Yousif, not 40 or whatever.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

I know barca desperately want money but asking 80m is ridiculous. Even 50m is ridiculous with wages he on.

I had a fashion brand with my brother and his wife once.

We were negotiating a post on an influencer's Instagram and her manager opened with a similar line, it's 1200 BRL but she'll do it for 500.

:lol:

No team is going to pay that for him bar Newcastle if the takeover goes through.

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

Taking Coutinho on a one-year loan makes no sense whatsoever. We won't buy him out at the end of that deal because the asking price is too high, and it's senseless to go for a temporary measure at attacking midfield right now.

He's not even the type of attacking midfielder you want in Arteta's system. He's more of a dribbling, goalscoring attacking midfielder than someone who creates chances and excels at possession play.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Well two of Kia's players so far have been lazily linked to us and are seemingly getting new deals at their clubs.

Liklihood is this isnt it chief.

I think most of our signings this summer will be left field and within the league. Id say we will sign two from the Premier league. One from outside.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Coutinho on loan could be a decent stop gap. Who would you rather see as a realistic target that would be anywhere close to the calibre of player that Coutniho is?

What calibre is that? Utd are linked with a loan move for Kingsley Coman.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I'd say he's worth 45M euro tops if buying outright.

If we want him so bad negotiate a loan with option to buy at 35M euro.

I have a theory that people who don't rate Coutinho are salty from his time in the PL when lots of people were saying hes overrated at Liverpool.

I think the issue that some folks have is that he’s not a fit for a 433, despite his obvious talents. I still think he’s a fantastic player but would rather we look elsewhere if possible.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Coutinho on loan could be a decent stop gap. Who would you rather see as a realistic target that would be anywhere close to the calibre of player that Coutniho is?
Maybe would be sound annoying but, Buendia and Behnrama. Both realistic and more suited for 433. Anyway he is not like that Coutinho from Liverpool... He has failed in 2 teams with 433 and Klopp even said he doesn't work in that formation. Why bringing him knowing that Arteta favours that formation and game style?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I am wary of having him here.
The way he was playing uninspired before going off to Barca, seemed to be of a weak mentality.

If he had that at an ever-improving Liverpool team who were on the up, imagine the antics he might pull with our team.

Coutinho on loan looks like a stop-gap solution and I am afraid it will turn out to be a very expensive experiment.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Nobody going to accept Guendouzi just sell him for 15-20m and move on.

That's the thing, a lot of clubs around Europe just need money. Clubs like Barca and Atleti were already in financial trouble before the pandemic, but now especially so. Lots of clubs just want money coming in the door. I mean Barca swapped Arthur for a 30 year old declining Pjanic just to get money through the door.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He for sale he wages is 250k a week nobody in right state of mind will pay 80m for Coutinho. They brought him for 130m because they are stupid and badly run club that's why they are in trouble
Their stupidity basically made Liverpool who they are today. Annoying.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Coutinho failed at Barca due to the system they play, he was never a LW, Barca dont play with a CAM and if they did it would be Messi and Messi also occupies that space drifting in from the right so needs it clear.

Coutinho to Barca was a ridiculous purchase which was never going to work out, they paid a ridiculous fee to shoehorn a player into LW, then they did the same with Griezmann.

He's still a very good player if played in the correct position. Personally I'd take him at the correct price/fee IF he is to play CAM for us, but thats it, if we're playing 433 then whats wha point as it would be the same mistake Barca made.

Interesting to see where he ends up as he is done in Spain, done in Germany, probably priced out of Italy unless its a return to Inter, Juve have similar in Dybala.

Only really leaves Arsenal or Tottenham in the PL..?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Is the plan from our side Coutinho for a year while we see if ESR will be good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom