• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How much does it cost an academy on average to develop a player to senior level? For example if a boy arrives at 10 years old and is sold at 20 for, say, £1m, what's the profit exactly? Cos obviously it isn't free to develop players, you have to spend on coaches, on equipment etc
I think it was 3m a year operational cost maybe
I remember reading it when Jonker was still around

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Coutinho, Partey etc you know, does this guy want to continue finishing 8th?

We would've finished 5th this year with Arteta's points per game averaged out over a season. I don't think adding Partey and Coutinho to that makes us get worse.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We would've finished 5th this year with Arteta's points per game averaged out over a season. I don't think adding Partey and Coutinho to that makes us get worse.
That’s still bad when you consider it’s against a City that lost 10 games, against Lampard who couldn’t spend a penny and a PE teacher at Utd. The standards were pretty grim. Now all these will go to the transfer market and spend 200M etc.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think it was 3m a year operational cost maybe
I remember reading it when Jonker was still around

Wait, for the whole academy surely? Not per player. I'm just wondering if anyone's ever looked into it, the data must be there somewhere. If you take the average cost to develop an academy player per year at each sage of development (because it probably becomes more expensive the further they progress) and then multiply it by how many years they were in the academy, you can see exactly how much profit you've made when they're sold.

@MutableEarth you know anything about this?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'm sure there are figures for it somewhere. Ultimately an academy is there to develop players to be sold on. The academy pays for itself in that regard.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

EeaijuFWoAAzZQy

We're odds on to sign Grealish....

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

The usual suspects will say that’s not good enough for higher than 8th.

Partey is obviously a very good signing, never heard of Carlos until today but City and Pool looked at him and he’s apparently very good as well. Coutinho on loan is fine but I’m not keen on willian.

For an 8th placed finish, and a pandemic I’d be happy with that window.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Willian and Coutinho are poverty signings. No point you keep crying about it. You’ll suck off Raul if he signed Adam Lallana.

You literally said about a week ago you’d be happy with Willian on a two year deal, I imagine you’ve deleted it though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You literally said about a week ago you’d be happy with Willian on a two year deal, I imagine you’ve deleted it though.
1 year deal I think I said. But Chelsea are offering him a 2 year deal already, and he wants 3 years, so me wanting him for a 1 year deal is neither here or there.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We still have Mkhi and Elneny on the books right? 'kin hell we need a proper clear out before we can get signing really.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We still have Mkhi and Elneny on the books right? 'kin hell we need a proper clear out before we can get signing really.
Why can’t the club sell these guys? Thought that was a strength of Raul? Furthermore, we’ve collected others a who need to be moved on or are highly questionable - Sokratis, Torreira, Mari, Cedric etc.

Why sign a 30 year old Cedric on a 4 year deal when you have a superb AMN in your club?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Got a feeling Mr. Stanley Kroenke is about to get his MASSIVE wallet out and wine and dine Mr. Arteta.

Got a text saying the private jet is taking Arteta to an undisclosed ranch for a picnic.

Stan even brought out the good mustache comb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom