• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Atletico really want Torreira why don't we tell them they can only have him if they agree to a swap deal. They may eventually agree to a swap, it might help that both players play in the same position generally.
Because value is 25M and Partey 50M and without release clause it could have been much more so you can understand them.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Either way if we can get 25M from A.Madrid for Torreira it'll help us alot to activate Partey release clause. it's win-win.
You'd like to think that will help us a lot in getting the 44-50 amount we need. Atletico can't do anything about it if we pay his clause can they, like they can't reject it if we activate it?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
But they don't want to sell Partey. Why would they help us by buying one of our players?
Partey has a release clause of 50M euros even if they don't want to sell by activating his release clause A.Madrid can't do nothing to stop it.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I think Partey can be a huge improvement on Torreira, we need to sell a few of our players aswell so they would be helping that way wouldn't they?
It doesn't make sense, mate. They buy a poorer player than Partey from us, so we can have the money available to trigger his release clause?

Never going to happen.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Yes they can't reject it by activating it.
Thanks, release clauses are one thing I don't completely understand, never fully known whether they (the club) are still able to reject it or not. Is there a site or anything I can go on to fully understand about release clauses?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Thanks, release clauses are one thing I don't completely understand, never fully known whether they (the club) are still able to reject it or not. Is there a site or anything I can go on to fully understand about release clauses?
the release clauses all should be paid full and no installments included that's it make deals very difficult to complete specially with players who got very big release clause. you see with Chelsea and Werner for example they just activated his 52M euros release clause paid it in full and Warner moved there.

FinnGooner

Established Member
It doesn't make sense, mate. They buy a poorer player than Partey from us, so we can have the money available to trigger his release clause?

Never going to happen.

It all depends on their valuation of Torreira vs. the opportunity costs of replacing Partey with some other player than Torreira. Let's not forget, their income form Partey is capped at €50m, no matter who buys him. Therefore a deal with a player plus cash for Partey is pretty much the only way they could eventually get more than €50m for Partey.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

the release clauses all should be paid full and no installments included that's it make deals very difficult to complete specially with players who got very big release clause. you see with Chelsea and Werner for example they just activated his 52M euros release clause paid it in full and Warner moved there.
No worries hopefully I'll get it the more I read about it. It's interesting though considering Partey is worth well more then that clause I'd say, in a way it's sort of a rather low clause for a player of his value.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
It all depends on their valuation of Torreira vs. the opportunity costs of replacing Partey with some other player than Torreira. Let's not forget, their income form Partey is capped at €50m, no matter who buys him. Therefore a deal with a player plus cash for Partey is pretty much the only way they could eventually get more than €50m for Partey.
They still get 50 mil since they spent 25 on Torreira and he's a lesser player. Then, he's stuck on their books for a number of years.

Aside from getting 50 for Partey, they would be at a loss from a squad pov while we win, therefore this sort of arrangement won't happen.
If we sell Torreira to Milan, then that's something else.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

Release clauses in Spain have to be paid to la liga, not to Atletico, and then they get money from the clause. They can't do anything if we trigger the clause.

FinnGooner

Established Member
They still get 50 mil since they spent 25 on Torreira and he's a lesser player. Then, he's stuck on their books for a number of years.

Aside from getting 50 for Partey, they would be at a loss from a squad pov while we win, therefore this sort of arrangement won't happen.
If we sell Torreira to Milan, then that's something else.

I agree that it’s very unlikely but if for some reason AM were really high on Torreira and felt they could get him on the cheap because we’re desperate to get Partey. Then the deal would be wise for them, especially if they feel they could make profit by selling Torreira on in a few years time. But like you said, they’ll probaly just go for the straight €50m cash and buy a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom