• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Neither the addition of Partey nor Aouar would make us a top 4 team this season. The only midfielder on the market who'd instantly put us into top 4 contention is Thiago.

Partey could be a member of a top 4 or title-challenging team over time, but I don't think he makes the difference by himself, he's a very good player but probably not a world class player. While Aouar could be a world class midfielder but he's not there yet and it isn't 100% sure that he'll definitely reach that potential.

I think Aouar's the better option cos there's a higher ceiling there over a longer period of time, but he's not young Cesc and even with a great signing like Aouar you'd still be looking at 5th as the target for this year.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Neither the addition of Partey nor Aouar would make us a top 4 team this season. The only midfielder on the market who'd instantly put us into top 4 contention is Thiago.

Partey could be a member of a top 4 or title-challenging team over time, but I don't think he makes the difference by himself, he's a very good player but probably not a world class player. While Aouar could be a world class midfielder but he's not there yet and it isn't 100% sure that he'll definitely reach that potential.

I think Aouar's the better option cos there's a higher ceiling there over a longer period of time, but he's not young Cesc and even with a great signing like Aouar you'd still be looking at 5th as the target for this year.

Two new CB's, Tierney for a whole season, Xhaka and Ceballos back on top form under Arteta, Auba still here, Pepe second season, Willian coming in and Lacazette fresh season alone put us at around 5th. Adding Partey to that allows us to push hard for top 4. Aouar and Partey cement us as a top 4 team imo.

People underrate the current players because Emery butchered the team. But we have a very good starting 11, just needs two more players to come in. Most important one being Partey to add balance to the midfield.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I wonder why we didn't confirm Auba extension. Maybe he agreed terms but didn't signed off until he see what we'll do in the market? I mean it shouldn't take that long specially when reports say everything was agreed 3 weeks ago

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I wonder why we didn't confirm Auba extension. Maybe he agreed terms but didn't signed off until he see what we'll do in the market? I mean it shouldn't take that long specially when reports say everything was agreed 3 weeks ago

When the news first came out that he's verbally agreed there was also news that it would also be down to what we do in the market.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Two new CB's, Tierney for a whole season, Xhaka and Ceballos back on top form under Arteta, Auba still here, Pepe second season, Willian coming in and Lacazette fresh season alone put us at around 5th. Adding Partey to that allows us to push hard for top 4. Aouar and Partey cement us as a top 4 team imo.

People underrate the current players because Emery butchered the team. But we have a very good starting 11, just needs two more players to come in. Most important one being Partey to add balance to the midfield.

I can't be arsed to argue this, but there's a hell of a lot of wrong statements right there. Pre-season optimism is fine, but I'd suggest you haven't been paying attention to the actual football that these players have been playing. And no, you cannot simply blame everything on Emery.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can't be arsed to argue this, but there's a hell of a lot of wrong statements right there. Pre-season optimism is fine, but I'd suggest you haven't been paying attention to the actual football that these players have been playing. And no, you cannot simply blame everything on Emery.

Yep, people overate our players if anything. The majority were dogshit for the last 2 years of Wenger. Some actually improved a bit in Emery's first year, then reverted to type.

In our current squad, you can only safely say that Auba/Willian/Leno will provide consistent performances equal to that of a top 4 player.

I like Pepe/KT but they haven't played a consistent PL season yet, and Saliba/Gabriel are unknowns at this point.

The kids are promising but you can't rely on them to deliver top 4, the rest have been proven to be not good enough on countless occasions.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

• Two new CB's isnt wrong
  • Tierney for a full season instead of Kola and allowing Saka to permanently play higher up is also huge
  • Ceballos under Arteta is a different man, same with Xhaka.
  • Pepe was starting to gain real confidence towards the end of the season and like Lilles president said, hes a second season man.
  • Lacazette cannot be worse than last season
  • Auba is staying
  • Willian is a brilliant signing for more creativity
You cant really say anything negative to these points. Currently the players we have under Arteta should be able to get 6th or 5th.

With Partey, who is an instant impact signing we push for top 4. With Partey AND Aouar we have a top 4 worthy squad.

What more would you want? After signing the two midfielders its difficult to find anything better than we have except maybe finding a Laca replacement.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
  • Tierney for a full season instead of Kola and allowing Saka to permanently play higher up is also huge
  • Pepe was starting to gain real confidence towards the end of the season and like Lilles president said, hes a second season man.
  • Auba is staying
You cant really say anything negative to these points. Currently the players we have under Arteta should be able to get 6th or 5th.

With Partey, who is an instant impact signing we push for top 4. With Partey AND Aouar we have a top 4 worthy squad.

You're assuming all of the other teams have stood still.

Chelsea have signed quality players and finished 10 points ahead of us.

United have just as much if not a better chance of signing Sancho than we have signing Partey. They also finished 10 points ahead of us.

Sp**s have a full season under Mourinho. They finished above us last year with Kane and Son missing a load of games.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You're assuming all of the other teams have stood still.

Chelsea have signed quality players and finished 10 points ahead of us.

United have just as much if not a better chance of signing Sancho than we have signing Partey. They also finished 10 points ahead of us.

Sp**s have a full season under Mourinho. They finished above us last year with Kane and Son missing a load of games.

If we had Arteta for the whole of that season it's likely we'd have finished in the top 4. 66 points for third place is poverty.

Chelsea should be nailed on for third with their new signings but it doesn't work like that, might take a full season for them to gel properly.

There's a lot of ifs and buts. But like I just asked the other kid, what else would you want to get top 4?

Is Arteta with two new CB's and two new midfielders IF we get them not enough? Not saying we can get top 4 with this current mid because we cant. But with two additions we absolutely can. We have the fire power and we have fantastic wide players in all areas.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
  • Auba is staying

What more would you want? After signing the two midfielders its difficult to find anything better than we have except maybe finding a Laca replacement.
Yeah but thats a big IF. At this rate, it’s highly unlikely we’ll sign one of them let alone both

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we had Arteta for the whole of that season it's likely we'd have finished in the top 4. 66 points for third place is poverty.

Chelsea should be nailed on for third with their new signings but it doesn't work like that, might take a full season for them to gel properly.

There's a lot of ifs and buts. But like I just asked the other kid, what else would you want to get top 4?

Is Arteta with two new CB's and two new midfielders IF we get them not enough? Not saying we can get top 4 with this current mid because we cant. But with two additions we absolutely can.

Same argument could be made for Sp**s and Mourinho.

Its not a case of what I want. Its called being realistic. The squad is in tatters. Even if we get Partey and Aouar, which seems unlikely, it will require an Arteta coaching masterclass.

It will also require Saliba/Gabriel hitting the ground running, Tierney being fit all season and Pepe putting up some big numbers. There is a lot to do.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Same argument could be made for Sp**s and Mourinho.

Its not a case of what I want. Its called being realistic. The squad is in tatters. Even if we get Partey and Aouar, which seems unlikely, it will require an Arteta coaching masterclass.

It will also require Saliba/Gabriel hitting the ground running, Tierney being fit all season and Pepe putting up some big numbers. There is a lot to do.
Honestly, Partey and Aouar both would almost guarantee us top 4 but like I said at this rate, we’d be lucky to get 1

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
  • Auba is staying

You're assuming that nine players all have good and injury-free seasons. They could but there's no way you can bet on it. There's also absolutely no chance of us signing both of the rumoured CM targets so that's not even worth mentioning.

Also our (to use a tedious term) underlying metrics haven't really improved much under Arteta. As far as I remember the team concedes fewer shots and that's about it. Our chance creation is still just as poor as it was under Emery, we were just bailed out by above average finishing and you can't rely on that forever. This team is still miles away from a Champions League team and Arteta knows that much better than a lot of our fans do.

Arsenal-Premier-League-Trendlines-2.png

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
They improve us massively, but no chance they guarantee anything. They bring our midfield to the level of Uniteds/Chelseas.
United ?? Only Pogba is very good and VDB is also promising please don’t say you think Bruno is better than Partey and Aouar because without penalties and his ****house assists, he’s literally Torreira as a #10

Xanth

I'm quite confident of finishing above Sp**s this season. They have been even worse under Mourinho. The last two seasons have basically been a coinflip when it comes to who's been better in the league and I think this season we will have finally surpassed them again.

United ?? Only Pogba is very good and VDB is also promising please don’t say you think Bruno is better than Partey and Aouar because without penalties and his ****house assists, he’s literally Torreira as a #10

He's the farthest thing from Torreira lol. He makes high-risk passes while Torreira is so afraid of losing the ball he can only pass backwards or to the player next to him. Extremely safe while Bruno is more adventurous.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We will agree to disagree on Fernandes. Hes a good player imo, and has helped united beat the lesser sides (they struggled to do this before his signing). Pogba/VDB would be out best midfielder. They also have Matic/Fred/McTominay as squad players whilst we have Willock and ElNeny currently.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
We will agree to disagree on Fernandes. Hes a good player imo, and has helped united beat the lesser sides (they struggled to do this before his signing). Pogba/VDB would be out best midfielder. They also have Matic/Fred/McTominay as squad players whilst we have Willock and ElNeny currently.
Willock is a decent backup. Once he improves his decision making he will come good but I’ll say it again. We won’t sign both Partey and Aouar. Certainly not at this climate where we’re struggling to offload players. We have 33 players as of now so we have to ship out at least 9 if we were to sign players. Getting rid of 9 players whom half aren’t wanted by anybody in 27 days won’t be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom