• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanfrothan

Decisions regarding Özil are definitely not just down to footballing reasons. He's done in every sense.

Arteta has drawn his line and that's it. He's done.

Like a few have said above, he would be great to bring off the bench when we're having trouble creating something but it's not going to happen. He's on borrowed time.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Haven't you heard? He doesn't train hard, doesnt want to jump into Arteta's boat, doesn't show team spirit, doesn't work hard defensively, doesn't contribute in build up play, doesn't create chances, doesn't earn his 350k week in and week out and lastly, doesn't let Arteta **** him around. Willian, Pepe, Willock, Nelson all do that.
Alright mate.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

We could ask “Where’s Özil” after every bad result like we did under Emery but we just need to move on from him.

I doubt he would have done worse than Willian today but I also doubt he would have helped much. It was a very weird match.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
well there is progress. After abolishing the #10 position, we now have abolished the #9 too. Wonder which will be next. :facepalm::lol:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Decisions regarding Özil are definitely not just down to footballing reasons. He's done in every sense.

Arteta has drawn his line and that's it. He's done.

Like a few have said above, he would be great to bring off the bench when we're having trouble creating something but it's not going to happen. He's on borrowed time.
We have had this discussion before.

Özil creates (let’s name it “type 1 creation” here) nothing in the general play.
If we are lacking possession, having Özil on the pitch only makes things worse, because he is bad at those “type 1 creation”. And we will be one man down in the whole of this creation process.

Özil needs those real skilful/technical players like Cazorla/Sanchez to create these “type 1 creation” for him, so that he can make his final pass to create the goal (type 2 creation).
I never thought Özil is a creative player because of this reason. He is crap in type 1 and top class in type 2.

Last edited:

kash2

We have had this discussion before.

Özil creates (let’s name it “type 1 creation” here) nothing in the general play.
If we are lacking possession, having Özil on the pitch only makes things worse, because he is bad at those “type 1 creation”. And we will be one man down in the whole of this creation process.

Özil needs those real skilful/technical players like Cazorla/Sanchez to create these “type one creation” for him, so that he can make his final pass to create the goal (type 2 creation).
I never thought Özil is a creative player because of this reason. He is crap in type 1 and top class in type 2.
what about type 3A and type 1B .. huh.. didnt think of that did ya

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
what about type 3A and type 1B .. huh.. didnt think of that did ya
I just want to bring out the point that he is useless in the general play creation. And he is just useful in the final pass.
If you want to define what is 3A and 1B in your example, go for it. I have explained mine clearly.

kash2

I just want to bring out the point that he is useless in the general play creation. And he is just useful in the final pass.
If you want to define what is 3A and 1B in your example, go for it. I have explained mine clearly.
no u havent.. you just spouted a bunch of nonsense

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
no u havent.. you just spouted a bunch of nonsense
So which point do you disagree with?
Other #10 are not being called lazy despite also doing minimal defensive work. So why only Özil gets the criticism? Because Özil’s main problem is not even in defending/tracking back. Other #10 would heavily involved in the build up phase, and create the difference in the final third phase. They do hell lots of other stuff when they are not defending. Özil would be invisible in attack, just focus on the last pass in the final third. So if he doesn’t make those pass, he is absolutely nothing on the pitch.

I never rate players who can only operate well in one phase, but being a tactical liability in other phases.

For all of the above (including the last few posts), I am not talking about the “declining” Özil. I am taking about the Özil who he always was. From day one he was here, he has all these flaws in his game.
Did you even watch the video you have posted?

He would always make a forward pass, then the ball is not around him anymore. Everytime he releases the ball, the ball is no longer under his play. If the forward options are not available, he would just make a short simple pass to another player, to let that player to create the play.

If you look at all other attacking midfielders, they make combination play in the midfield, they passes the ball around, making one-twos all the time. Always being near the ball. They want to control the ball as much as they can. Dribbling past players, then release the ball, then receive the ball back. Özil would make a forward pass and then say: alright, here you go, you make the play.

Please watch 16:06-16:12

Why is he making that pass? That passing option is so wrong (I know you would praise him, because it’s a “forward pass“. I wouldn’t, that is a terrible passing option). Ramsey is next to him, Sagna is next to him.

He should have made a short pass to Ramsey, run into the space in front of him, receive the ball back. And look for another combination play again (maybe with a few skill moves in between). That’s what I called involving in the build up. Not passing the ball forward and “leave” the play.

The thinking behind Özil is to play forward pass quickly, which is alright in counter attack. But if we want to play possession football, he should have done what I have mentioned. Most other attacking midfielders would have passes the ball around, because they wanted the ball as much as possible.

I’m sick of seeing Özil keep making these kind of “forward pass”, and hope one of them will end up well. You fans would praise him if one of these worked out, but in fact it is a complete waste of possession, which leads to a drastic decrease of chances that our team could have possibly created.

By the way, we were overloading on the right midfield area. Özil didn’t utilise the numerical advantage. Despite having numbers around him, he chose to make a “forward pass” to a marked player. If we lost the ball there (very likely as the overload is on the right midfield not the right forward area), the opponent can switch play to another side. And we are underloaded there.

I don’t understand why you would keep seeing passes like this, but not able to realise how shxt he is in the build up. If it is another player making the same pass, you would have jumped right into the pitch and beaten him up.

@Trilly
@krackpot @Trilly
@razörist

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We have been terrible without him. for the sake of Arsenal, I hope we move on for him and get someone who we plan to play in the first team.

bullshittery of the highest order.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We have been terrible without him. for the sake of Arsenal, I hope we move on for him and get someone who we plan to play in the first team.

bullshittery of the highest order.
We have been terrible with him too. If he played like Sanchez/Cazorla we would have a lot more possession.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
If he played, you would be off to another thread.

he actually played with Alexis and Cazorla and that was the best times at AFC in the past decade.
We are lucky to have Sanchez and Cazorla in our team as we have lost skillful players like Hleb, nasri, Van perise, Arshavin, fabregas....we played well in some games because of Sanchez and Cazorla. If Özil played like them when they were here, we would have much more possession and create many more chances before the final pass.

Finesse

This thread really should be locked until he either plays again or some decent news actually comes out. Sick of seeing it at the top of the forum, let it die like the Sokratis thread.

He is an Arsenal player so why lock his thread. Lol. He cannot get into the team for sure but for some reason a lot is happening in the team that pushes his name to be mentioned. Unlike Sokratis who cannot get into the team and his thread has died because a lot is happening in the team on the pitch that does not push any fan to post on the thread.

This is funny lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom