• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 20/21: Gameweek 6 (Oct 23-26)

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

When that option is lacazette it’s not very hard is it

Bumford would be a better option than Lacazette.

I could probably name 10+ average strikers in the PL that would give us a lot more than Lacazette.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

3 at the back and generally negative tactics has just caught up with us.

We have Gabriel and Partey now FFS. Arteta please don't lose yourself in those tactics . They're not necessary anymore and the longer we have them the harder it gets to go back to more attacking minded football.

Actually think this is true.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Lehamm
Eboue-Toure-Gallas-Clichy
Fabregas-Gilberto
Hleb-Van Persie-Rosicky
Henry
...this was our best starting 11 for our first season in the new ground...bar United and Chelsea, few other players in the league at the time would get into that side...and it wasn't like it was a weak league back then...Liverpool would quality, Sp**s/Everton/Portsmouth had some great players too then.

Szczesny
Bellerin-Kos-Per-Nacho
Caz-Coq
Ramsey-Özil-Sanchez
Theo
...even 5 years ago we had some amazing players...you are looking at 1 or 2 that could be definitely improved upon, but we had a team capable of playing fantasy football on their day.

That's why I will always defend Mikel with this current team and the "PaRk ThE bUs" brigade that have it out for him...the technical side of our squad, especially in attack, is bottom of the league stuff really.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You can’t have a bore feast if our XG is good though SA. It’s down to pure technical consistency in the final 3rd.

You're right celestis, if you have an increased XG, then it means you are creating more chances, ala more attacking football.

Let me be clearer then, we do need more chances yes (higher XG), but also more higher quality chances and a sustained conversion rate.

But I dont want us to lose our defensive stablity in the process, I truly believe improving our attack without losing much of we have now at the back, is critical.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Lehamm
Eboue-Toure-Gallas-Clichy
Fabregas-Gilberto
Hleb-Van Persie-Rosicky
Henry
...this was our best starting 11 for our first season in the new ground...bar United and Chelsea, few other players in the league at the time would get into that side...and it wasn't like it was a weak league back then...Liverpool would quality, Sp**s/Everton/Portsmouth had some great players too then.

Szczesny
Bellerin-Kos-Per-Nacho
Caz-Coq
Ramsey-Özil-Sanchez
Theo
...even 5 years ago we had some amazing players...you are looking at 1 or 2 that could be definitely improved upon, but we had a team capable of playing fantasy football on their day.

That's why I will always defend Mikel with this current team and the "PaRk ThE bUs" brigade that have it out for him...the technical side of our squad, especially in attack, is bottom of the barrel stuff.
That second team you posted I think currently only Gabriel, Tierney, Partey and Auba would get into and bellerin is nowhere near as good as he was then either. Arteta has been up against it from the start with the crap we have. Probably won't see a difference till after next summer.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Now we have a top coach and spent a fair bit in the last two years, so should expect more.
Would agree on the spending although some of it has been misplaced. Pepe we overpaid massively for. Saliba hasn’t played a minute yet. We still carry a lot of players that I am sure Arteta would like to move on. Plus on Arteta I think he is a good promising coach but far from the top in my view. He still needs to prove himself. He looks promising but let’s wait and see.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You're right celestis, if you have an increased XG, then it means you are creating more chances, ala more attacking football.

Let me be clearer then, we do need more chances yes (higher XG), but also more higher quality chances and a sustained conversion rate.

But I dont want us to lose our defensive stablity in the process, I truly believe improving our attack without losing much of we have now at the back, is critical.

Think we will gain more defensive solidity with more possession.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom