• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Elneny had a great game yesterday and should be congratulated.

A lot of OTT postings though. He's played in Mikel's system before and hasn't looked as good. Maybe it's Partey's influence, maybe he's coming into form.

If he does this a couple more times then I'll start to get excited about him. Until then I'm ignoring this stuff abut him being a real talent that Emery and Wenger couldn't unlock. :lol:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
He's been much better since he came back to us in May, yesterday was clearly his best game for us. I dont accept people claiming he's the same player he's always been, he's not! He's added moving with the ball, getting more involved and tackling to his game. He was always a good passer but simple short passes, that's all changed. If he keeps it up he's a nailed on starter beside Partey. They both managed a shot yesterday as well!
It’s hard to imagine time away somewhere else not changing your outlook—we’re only human at the end of the day. I don’t know how much of that is to do with it, or just Mikel... I didn’t watch any of his games in Turkey so I never saw what role he was entrusted with for Besiktas... Was it the same that he was asked to do since day 1 at Arsenal? Was he encouraged to be more expensive and bright? I might have to do a bit of research down my local Turkish restaurant to get to the bottom of this. Mehmet and Murat will settle this over the Ocakbasi :drool:
He was like that at Basel previously and actually had a better game than this against Leicester or Fulham under Emery if memory serves me right.

What has changed from Wenger and Emery days is basically Arteta using Elneny along with the other players properly I guess. I honestly don't see a lot of difference in the player but we are far more structurally stronger and coherent. And on an emotional level Arteta actually trusts Elneny and isn't trying to change him into anything he isn't.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He was like that at Basel previously and actually had a better game than this against Leicester or Fulham under Emery if memory serves me right.

What has changed from Wenger and Emery days is basically Arteta using Elneny along with the other players properly I guess. I honestly don't see a lot of difference in the player but we are far more structurally stronger and coherent. And on an emotional level Arteta actually trusts Elneny and isn't trying to change him into anything he isn't.

If he played like that at Basel, we wouldn't have got him for £5m! As I said, he's always been a good passer but short passes. Now he's passing, running with the ball, little touches here and there, tackling, I don't remember seeing him like that before June of this year.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
If he played like that at Basel, we wouldn't have got him for £5m! As I said, he's always been a good passer but short passes. Now he's passing, running with the ball, little touches here and there, tackling, I don't remember seeing him like that before June of this year.
Yeah, because we were playing him against his natural instinct under Wenger and then Emery didn't rate him. He had all this attributes from the start. If you go back to his time in Basel you'll see he has always been a box to box player but we tried to turn him into Denilson.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He was like that in his first 6 months with us. Immediately fixed our midfield. We had overall better midfield options back then though.

Jae

I was a bit scared when Leno was passing to him under pressure, but he was so cool on the ball under pressure, think he didn't make a single mistake. That was the main reason why I wanted Ceballos to play, but looks like Elneny can handle that

Mate I know exactly what you mean, Leno played the ball to him when he was surrounded by 3 players and he was in the process of being closed down. I was screaming at the telly, only for him to play a pin point first time pass to Bellerin on the wing. :lol:

Seen too much of Xhaka, Mustafi and Luiz giving away goals from the same position.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I was just thinking that; he picked something up at Besiktas... Change of atmosphere, surroundings, coaching... whatever it was, he came back here a more confident player, it seems. Or maybe it's all Mikel and the confidence he's shown in him? Either way, this partnership with Partey looks like it will stand the test.

Being from Turkey, I'll give you this: The Turkish league is an inferior competition, but it's not like a Qatar situation where a player just gets his money and chills. The football atmosphere is immense, and playing for a big club like Beşiktaş comes with heightened expectations to perform. So it's a perfect situation for a player like Elneny, who isn't a bad player but seemingly not up to snuff for a high-level PL club. He will be better than most of the players in the league at his position, giving him confidence, and the league intense enough that he won't become lethargic.

Why

Always Me ?
Same as usual then. On here someone is either the savour or they are the worst player in the history of their position.

Elneny bum to god over night.
Holding future captain, then injured, then bum, then back to god
Xhaka has been up and down like a yoyo on here.
Even Mustafi has had a few up's and down since Arteta took over :D

Lets just keep faith with Arteta, see who progresses and not vilify/laud a player after one game.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Being from Turkey, I'll give you this: The Turkish league is an inferior competition, but it's not like a Qatar situation where a player just gets his money and chills. The football atmosphere is immense, and playing for a big club like Beşiktaş comes with heightened expectations to perform. So it's a perfect situation for a player like Elneny, who isn't a bad player but seemingly not up to snuff for a high-level PL club. He will be better than most of the players in the league at his position, giving him confidence, and the league intense enough that he won't become lethargic.
Cheers, well there’s something that makes sense. Seems like he’s had a nice confidence booster, after getting bogged down in the PL. He was never a terrible player – he was just very boring.

morpho

Established Member
Thanks. Old threads are always interesting, some of these takes were mental.

Didn't realise how much of snake Edu was though, clamouring to leave to for Barca the turd.

To answer your question, Gilberto wasnt very appreciated by many imo. Maybe it came from the mental state of the forum at that stage, maybe because his strength was his of ball positioning (he was the very defenition of invisible wall) and not as "glam" as fabregas and such...

GDeep™

League is very weak
So it was all the work of our beep test, non-negotiating football murderer? I’ll take that.
Nice to see you backing my boy Arteta like this. Wasn’t always the case, but better late than never.

Oxi and say yes liking your post, the terrible triangle completed.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Same as usual then. On here someone is either the savour or they are the worst player in the history of their position.

Elneny bum to god over night.
Holding future captain, then injured, then bum, then back to god
Xhaka has been up and down like a yoyo on here.
Even Mustafi has had a few up's and down since Arteta took over :D

Lets just keep faith with Arteta, see who progresses and not vilify/laud a player after one game.
I think Elneny deserves the plaudits a bit extra now, he was getting memed here by the bum squad and usual suspects before even touching a ball this season. I remain having the same stance on him I’ve had for years. Low wages, good character, no complaints, does his job well, ideally you have 3 of him in your squad. 1 for defense, 1 for midfield, 1 for attack. All the great trophy winning teams had them before the likes of City and Chelsea started having 22 starters just because they could. We can’t and we probably never will. Players like Elneny should be valued.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think he’s one of those where you pick and select his games and he’ll execute his job.

He’s too limited to start weekly no matter the opposition, we’ll get frustrated pretty quickly with him.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I think he’s been playing well like this all season except in this game he actually made more forward passes. We’ve seen it before with Coquelin where a player comes back from loan and moves up a gear. He might be limited but what he does offer is better than the others at the moment.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I think he’s one of those where you pick and select his games and he’ll execute his job.

He’s too limited to start weekly no matter the opposition, we’ll get frustrated pretty quickly with him.

In what way shape or form is the current Elneny (this seasons form) too limited? Hade some amazing passes last night, why doubt him when he is currently showing an improved version of himself?

This narrative is very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom