• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Wolves | Sunday, November 29 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Depends though. Who would you like to see given an opportunity, and what competition?

Do we call up a guy like Miguel Azeez? It's a shout. Since he was brought back into the U23 starting lineup he's been fantastic. I watched him have a fantastic 90 mins playing as a #8 on Friday and he did everything you wanted of a B2B.

How about Ben Cottrell? Very small, but a fighter and an excellent technician. He's the kind of player you want in the pocket. Nimble, great close control and an eye for goals or assists. Gave a true captains performance the other night.

Any other names you can think of that you'd like to see?
I admittedly was a bit fired up when liking that. But I still agree with the sentiment and we really don't need to look to the U-23's to find young academy players not getting enough playing time.

I mean, give Saka, Willock, Reiss, Saliba, AMN, ESR and Nketiah an actual season to show their worth. It'd be make it or break it for them, but at least we'd know and it's hard to imagine they would do worse than this... (I guess Eddie is the one who has actual gotten chances and not quite taken them)

Martinelli when fit as well obv.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

But why? What has he shown that ratifies him having a future at Arsenal? Beyond the stuff at the tailgate of last season, he's made the overall team worse and he's made every single player worse.
Because he has shown he can improve the team. He has shown he's tactical adept and he immediately addressed our shortcomings last season.

Now though, his coaching looks desperate. Like someone's told him "top 4 or you're out" and that's not going to make anything better. The whole club is in a rebuild, we won't see CL for at least a couple of more years (unless we luck out in EL this year). We need to make the most of the clubs assets and right now that's the youngsters + Auba and Partey (maybe Bellerin as well). We need stability and not to be changing up the starting team every game.

Edit: What I mean is he needs to know he'll have a shot of building his team.
Edit 2: Obviously, if he keeps this weird setup in our build up play he should go....

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Watching thier 2nd goal make me pissed xhaka lost battle against Traore because he was looking for foul them Neto run like 20 yard without tackling putting pressure then half arsed attempt to block the shot and after all that they stand watching Podence took the ball and score.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Because he has shown he can improve the team. He has shown he's tactical adept and he immediately addressed our shortcomings last season.

Now though, his coaching looks desperate. Like someone's told him "top 4 or you're out" and that's not going to make anything better. The whole club is in a rebuild, we won't see CL for at least a couple of more years (unless we luck out in EL this year). We need to make the most of the clubs assets and right now that's the youngsters + Auba and Partey (maybe Bellerin as well). We need stability and not to be changing up the starting team every game.
I don't know if we can call him tactically adept though mate. He had one tactic that led to some good results at the end of last season and those results happened to produce silverware which kind of magnified the actual performances. There was also an element of luck with Aubameyang finishing at an unsustainable rate and amazingly some help from the referee in the final. This season he came back with the same tactics and even the sh*t teams we should be blowing off the pitch have batted them away like a fly. He seems to be a one trick pony whose one trick lasted all of 3 months before fizzling out for good.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
He need's to go before it gets worse.

So far out of his depth it's unreal, blame's on him and the rest of the higher-ups for not sorting this squad out, cried out for creativity.

His tactics have been ****e game after game, stubborn feck, get rid. had enough.

Why would fans wan't to go watch this dross again, i'd stay well away from the stadium, that;ll give him an extra excuse, "only 2000 out of 60000, makes a big difference"

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He need's to go before it gets worse.

So far out of his depth it's unreal, blame's on him and the rest of the higher-ups for not sorting this squad out, cried out for creativity.

His tactics have been ****e game after game, stubborn feck, get rid. had enough.

Why would fans wan't to go watch this dross again, i'd stay well away from the stadium, that;ll give him an extra excuse, "only 2000 out of 60000, makes a big difference"

New manager comes in. Has to use the same players, eventually has the same problem. Cycle continues until mass clearout. Simple as that.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I don't know if we can call him tactically adept though mate. He had one tactic that led to some good results at the end of last season and those results happened to produce silverware which kind of magnified the actual performances. There was also an element of luck with Aubameyang finishing at an unsustainable rate and amazingly some help from the referee in the final. This season he came back with the same tactics and even the sh*t teams we should be blowing off the pitch have batted them away like a fly. He seems to be a one trick pony whose one trick lasted all of 3 months before fizzling out for good.
Well, I agree to some extent. But Arteta is tactically adept. I'm not talking about how we somehow found our way all through the FA Cup, but more about that he actually made us better when he came in last season. Not just defensively, go back and look at some YT-compilations from spring.

I agree that the cup run was unfortunate to an extent (including all the points you made around it), as it hid big flaws in our attacking play. We don't command matches though, I agree with that and he needs to address this.

But as things stand, the only reason we'd improve under a new manager is because they would come in and have little pressure this year - just like Arteta last season. We might as well give him time. Then again, with that being said, he of course needs to show more. I just don't think the club has enough patience with him right now and that's showing in his coaching.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If the owners have no vision they have to employ people with vision. Clearly the owners have no vision and have not emplyed people with vision. So they have failed.
I agree about that but it's not simple like that at times we acting like manutd we think we still ruling English football but the fact is we getting worse we have to be smart

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I agree about that but it's not simple like that at times we acting like manutd we think we still ruling English football but the fact is we getting worse we have to be smart
I agree. I just don't think the owners have got smart in them. We've never ruled English football - except in the 1930's perhaps - because our owners (not just the current ones) weren't ambitious enough. Missed a huge opportunity in Wenger's early years when really there were only two and a half clubs challenging most of the time.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
In fairness, Bould had the personnel all along but he didn't use it until Per shipped out a huge chunk of the team on loan and brought in Moller. He has had Azeez, Cirjan, Cottrell, Moller, Balogun and Taylor-Hart at his disposal in the last few games (having ESR has helped too) and that's pretty much why he's won the last few games quite convincingly. Could you imagine the first team with more developed versions of Azeez and Cottrell? :lol:

Problem for us is that they can't play for the first team right now! Well, we could gamble on Azeez in the EL but Arteta doesn't want to do that. We could tie down Taylor-Hart to a pro deal and get him closer, but realistically none of them are close except Balogun. Azeez & Cottrell maybe.

We don't have the right profiles in the first team, and the only alternative is bringing more Hale End presence, which - while I would like to see this - doesn't guarantee us anything and is a gamble at the end of the day!
Thanks for the info. I didn't realise Per backed Bould into a bit of a a cul-de-sac. I have only seen glimpses of Cotterell but in the League Cup and in the EL now that we've qualified, Azeez and Balogun should get minutes. A cameo for Balogun makes more sense than subbing on Laca tonight. I don't understand Arteta's reluctance to not rotate with more youth whist seemingly happy to run Saka in to the ground. We need creativity in midfield now. Give Azeez a first half in evenly matched home games at least. ESR should get more time. I agree about the profile of the first team but I honestly don't think it would be that much of a gamble to play the youth considering how bad we are atm. Out of curiosity, would you be against Partey, Willock and Azeez in a midfield three or would you prefer Partey, Xhaka and Ceballos/Elneny?

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Any self discerning fan should be seriously concerned by now, if not then they’ve either not been watching the matches, or they just don’t understand the game, or they’re a massive cuckold.

It is the most pathetic benal football I’ve seen from us in a long time, if not ever.

All these people talking about it being ‘mind games for spuds next week’ too.... jeez.

Some serious delusion on this forum.

“All these people” Lol I said it and obviously someone can’t take a joke

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Willock was our best midfielder but he needed to be one of the two in the pivot. As the advanced midfielder, he was positive but just didn't seem to be ahead of the game - rather behind it at times. Saka had to try and get involved by coming inside more. The midfield just didn't circulate the ball well enough and there was no presence in the area just outside the box.

We vacate midfield for reasons I can’t understand. Even the subs. Laca comes on for Xhaka but Willock stays up top so we only have Ceballos in midfield and start spamming crosses.

It’s really bizarre. Teams just pack midfield and pick us off. Without Partey for the next few games that’s exactly what we need to do.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Apparently to bounce back from this defeat, Mikel has already announced his line up for the derby next weekend...

Arsenal-2003-2004.jpg

Easy win next weekend for me...

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Thanks for the info. I didn't realise Per backed Bould into a bit of a a cul-de-sac. I have only seen glimpses of Cotterell but in the League Cup and in the EL now that we've qualified, Azeez and Balogun should get minutes. A cameo for Balogun makes more sense than subbing on Laca tonight. I don't understand Arteta's reluctance to not rotate with more youth whist seemingly happy to run Saka in to the ground. We need creativity in midfield now. Give Azeez a first half in evenly matched home games at least. ESR should get more time. I agree about the profile of the first team but I honestly don't think it would be that much of a gamble to play the youth considering how bad we are atm. Out of curiosity, would you be against Partey, Willock and Azeez in a midfield three or would you prefer Partey, Xhaka and Ceballos/Elneny?

It depends on the game. Next week, the latter. Any other day, the former. Partey-Willock-Azeez is incredibly balanced on paper though, I'd like to see it.

TriniGunner

Wasn't happy at all with Arteta's gameplan today but he wasn't helped by a couple of really poor performances from Xhaka and Ceballos. They were slow, ponderous and killed a lot of attacks. I'm seeing lots of trash talk about Willock yet he was our best midfielder today. A very low bar but one he stepped quite easily. The makeup of the midfield was still pretty poor and they seemed preoccupied with shunting it wide for Tierney/Saka and Bellerin/Willian (later Nelson) to sling it into the box for pretty much just Auba. Even he stopped trying, when Nelson put a nice ball into the near post for him he didn't even move! That was surprising and disappointing.

Arteta needs to find a way for us to attack that doesn't involve crossing because we don't have the personnel for it. Might wanna have a look at what Bould did for the U23s on Friday because he looks like he's actually starting to put it together.

This. I coach quite a lot of players and what I'm seeing from these professionals concerns me. There was a time in the game where we had the ball in middle of the pitch. A player like Fabregas or Özil would have picked the forward pass as there were players trying to wait for the through ball. Ceballos chose to move the ball out to Bellerin and the attack went all the way back to Gabriel on the centre-line. This is nothing other than:

1. We don't have the quality in the midfield
2. The coaching staff has clearly opted for us to use the flanks as our main attacking threat because of the 1st problem.

Either way, as an opposition coach, this is easy to defend and the longer I frustrate you as a player, the more likely you are to make mistakes. I could see why we need that Hungarian player or Aouar as this is going to go from bad to worse...quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom