• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Russell

Sell him for any given price this summer. Together with Mustafi and Auba. Upgrade on both backs and 1 more midfielder.
I think the club will be open to offers... which is the problem, because even Berlin won’t bother this time. Be lucky to get £15m for him.

Manberg

Predator
Agenda merchants at play here. Blaming Xhaka for losing a challenge on the halfway line against Traore for us conceding the second goal is ludicrous. Most players will lose a physical challenge with Traore, doesn’t mean Xhaka was bad. We were still 6 against 3 after that passage of play and conceded. Other question marks have to be asked. Tierney losing against Traore on the edge of our box was far more culpable in conceding the first goal yet somehow Xhaka is the only one that gets blamed :lol:

I thought Xhaka had a good game. He was our best midfielder for certain. Ceballos and Willock had far worse games. Not surprised Xhaka gets stick for every little mistake he does. You people have an agenda. You’re like the racist tabloid press placing a microscope on Meghan Markle for everything she does. Last week you lot were hating on Xhaka for actually showing good leadership.

Miyata

Agenda merchants at play here. Blaming Xhaka for losing a challenge on the halfway line against Traore for us conceding the second goal is ludicrous. Most players will lose a physical challenge with Traore, doesn’t mean Xhaka was bad. We were still 6 against 3 after that passage of play and conceded. Other question marks have to be asked. Tierney losing against Traore on the edge of our box was far more culpable in conceding the first goal yet somehow Xhaka is the only one that gets blamed :lol:

I thought Xhaka had a good game. He was our best midfielder for certain. Ceballos and Willock had far worse games. Not surprised Xhaka gets stick for every little mistake he does. You people have an agenda. You’re like the racist tabloid press placing a microscope on Meghan Markle for everything she does. Last week you lot were hating on Xhaka for actually showing good leadership.
You clearly don't get the game do you. With a proper midfield we can play good football again. The goals we concede is another discussion.

You think a lamp post like Xhaka will dominate opponents?

Manberg

Predator
You clearly don't get the game do you. With a proper midfield we can play good football again. The goals we concede is another discussion.

You think a lamp post like Xhaka will dominate opponents?

It’s people who lack football knowledge who fail to see what Xhaka brings to the team.

DubbedTheNewWenger

:lol::lol::lol: You can't be serious? Xhaka is the Swiss Denilson. Probably worse actually.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Can we play AMN instead of Xhaka for the next couple of weeks? Jus play him and Elneny until Party returms.

Sigh

I don't even know why I bother because he'll be starting the next game.

Tony Maccaroni

It’s people who lack football knowledge who fail to see what Xhaka brings to the team.

He was absolutely abysmal tonight. CMs need to be capable of making a challenge, chasing players down or limiting passing options, Xhaka is physically unable to do any of this.

This season he has somehow managed to get worse. At least before, he fouled the player to stop them breaking in the box because he can't tackle, its like he doesn't even care now and just rolls his eyes when he inevitably beaten like the human traffic cone he is.

Name one tangible good thing he did that game other then your 'he dictated the tempo' rubbish.

Manberg

Predator
He was absolutely abysmal tonight. CMs need to be capable of making a challenge, chasing players down or limiting passing options, Xhaka is physically unable to do any of this.

This season he has somehow managed to get worse. At least before, he fouled the player to stop them breaking in the box because he can't tackle, its like he doesn't even care now and just rolls his eyes when he inevitably beaten like the human traffic cone he is.

Name one tangible good thing he did that game other then your 'he dictated the tempo' rubbish.

He had nice passing. Crisp and usually very accurate. Kept things ticking. Always made himself available for a pass with his movement. Would’ve liked to see him take some shots.

Arteta wants his players to stay on their feet by instruction. You go on like dispossessing Traore is the easiest thing in the world. None of our players are capable and Tierney fared far worse against Traore. Xhaka’s not to blame for the second goal. Like I said, we were 6 against 3.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

It's not about the individual mistakes. Every team in the league will breeze through our midfield when this guy is playing. He moves like a truck, can't run, can't press, can't make a challenge, not suitable for the Premier League at all.

Manberg

Predator
It's not about the individual mistakes. Every team in the league will breeze through our midfield when this guy is playing. He moves like a truck, can't run, can't press, can't make a challenge, not suitable for the Premier League at all.

None of that is true. And defending is the responsibility of the whole team, not one player.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

Just get banned already

Miyata

You realize until 2 years ago I played football on a very high level? Obviously you won't believe me as i'm here writing on a forum but whatever.

Anyway back to the point, Xhaka is too limited for us to play through the middle.

Tony Maccaroni

He had nice passing. Crisp and usually very accurate. Kept things ticking. Always made himself available for a pass with his movement. Would’ve liked to see him take some shots.

Arteta wants his players to stay on their feet by instruction. You go on like dispossessing Traore is the easiest thing in the world. None of our players are capable and Tierney fared far worse against Traore. Xhaka’s not to blame for the second goal. Like I said, we were 6 against 3.

Dude its no wonder the defence is under pressure when there is literally no midfield barrier at all. The video posted before sums exactly the issue, an opponent can pick up the ball on the half way line and run straight to our box and all Xhaka is incapable of slowing the run in anyway.

The sad thing is the opponents know it, they all know when Xhaka plays they can look like prime Barcelona against us. At this point I just think you are a troll or someone who gets off on the negative attention.

This was one of the worst Xhaka displays I can remember, I preferred it when he used to get sent off and give penalties away. He just looks like a headless chicken these days.

Manberg

Predator
You realize until 2 years ago I played football on a very high level? Obviously you won't believe me as i'm here writing on a forum but whatever.

Anyway back to the point, Xhaka is too limited for us to play through the middle.

Sunday league players don’t have the depth of filling the role of a deep lying playmaker. To many, if you don’t score, assist or fly into tackles you’re a bad player.

Manberg

Predator
Dude its no wonder the defence is under pressure when there is literally no midfield barrier at all. The video posted before sums exactly the issue, an opponent can pick up the ball on the half way line and run straight to our box and all Xhaka is incapable of slowing the run in anyway.

The sad thing is the opponents know it, they all know when Xhaka plays they can look like prime Barcelona against us. At this point I just think you are a troll or someone who gets off on the negative attention.

This was one of the worst Xhaka displays I can remember, I preferred it when he used to get sent off and give penalties away. He just looks like a headless chicken these days.

Shielding the midfield is not the sole responsibility of Xhaka, but he does a decent enough job of it. When paired next to a DM the midfield’s impenetrable.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

Dude you're insulting your intelligence by arguing with him

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It's funny how almost all of the members of the Xhaka Defense League bar one have basically stopped defending him. Erliss, YeahBee, Blaze of Glory, Kash2 etc. They have all slowly figured it out. Welcome brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom