• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

stiiphunn

Established Member
Best to stick for now.

A terrible time to try and make a change.

Even if you are putting things in place behind the scenes for the next guy, you do not pull the trigger right now.
Agreed. Let’s be honest - we’re terrible. It’s really painful to watch us play. It’s not just the results that are dire - the football is just as bad.

Arteta hasn’t been doing well - to say the least. We may not have the best squad but our squad is still better than this 15th position we’re currently sitting in. It’s just odd - it’s as if he cannot get them to play as a team. It’s just not clicking.

I hear people say Arteta should be given better players. That’d of course be great. But we should still be doing much better with the current players. We first need to sort out our football and what we’re trying to do when we have the ball.

BUT, despite all of the above, Arteta should be given time. He should have until the end of the season unless we’re heading for relegation - which is still possible. He’s been bad up to now but let’s see if he can turn this around. Stability may just be what we need.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Trying to look at the positives, given how hard the board seem to be backing Arteta they've got to try and make things happen in January, both in terms of in's and out's.

I know it's hard in the January window but we're going to need 2 decent players in I think. 3-4 out.
Yeah tbf its all well and good saying Arteta has your full backing but it means naff all if we leave the transfer window with one signing come the end of Jan.

You have to realise that it isn't about getting in a player or two by now. There are fundamental flaws with Arteta's game plan. No matter who he fields they look hopeless.

If it was just upgrading on a few players and we could suddenly start to look like a decent football side then that would have happened with the acquisitions of Partey and Gabriel.

The consensus is that they both look like quality players, and provide us with something we have been missing for a long time.

It is then a sad indictment on Arteta's capabilities that after having added them, we look worse than ever. Granted Partey hasn't been available all the time. He still played 5 league games. Not counting the City game when he only got a few minutes, we only won 1 game. We lost all the others while he was on the pitch. So even with his strengths we as a team were regressing. Same with Gabriel. He has been an ever present in our side apart from early on. Imo he has been a rock at the back. But again we have been getting worse as a collective.

That should tell you something is horrendously wrong with the coaching. We should have been getting stronger, yet somehow we are getting worse even after getting a big hit on 2 transfers in one window.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Since when is Luiz a bad influence, do you mean in terms of football ability or personality? I actually don't think Luiz is a problem at all.
Willian is Arteta's choice and he doesn't seem like he has the stones to creat trouble. Luiz comes with rumours of trouble making- nothing concrete. Leno has said Özil isn't trouble. Sokratis-again rumours. Xhaka-really! Just follows instructions and shouts encouragement. In a team full of soft characters, who are these trouble makers and why weren't they ditched in the summer? Wenger who was supposedly soft never had total squad dissent or even two or more strong dissenters. There is no player trouble. Its a smokescreen for a failing manager who has begged for unity and time but who after a year has shown himself out of his depth once his luck ran out.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Worry for Buendia tbh.

With the Twitter mob fooling everyone into saying the only thing holding us back is no AM if we don’t start winning immediately he’ll be crucified :lol:
He'd like f**k this I'd stay at Norwich and win games instead. Before thinking about Buendia we desperately need this midfield to be fixed we only have Partey the others are just so bad it's not funny

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If it was just upgrading on a few players and we could suddenly start to look like a decent football side then that would.have happened with the acquisitions of Partey and Gabriel.

The consensus is that they both look like quality players, and provide us with something we have been missing for a long time.

It is then a sad indictment on Arteta's capabilities that after having added them, we look worse than ever.
Think he gave up on Torreira and Douzi too easily, but kept Xhaka and Elneny who are both very limited. I think that forward passing from Douzi is badly missed, other players just pass it sideways until one of our CB's loses it trying to hit a long ball. That's basically the biggest difference from Emery's Arsenal and the current one

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our first 11 had 2 ex Chelsea players, one aged 33 the other 32. Honestly that should tell you everything you need to know.

SACK ARTETA. SACK EDU.

We brought Mari & Cedric to help us finish midtable in the u23 league ffs.

The Mari and Cedric signings are two of the worst in Arsenal history. It tells me Edu is either completely incompetent or crooked. Don't really know what role Arteta had in the signings either.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
It's not just the 30+ players, and the free agents. Tell me which other top club with ambitions is loaning players? It just doesn't happen much.

City- No one there is on loan

Liverpool- No one there on loan

United- No one on loan

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He'd like f**k this I'd stay at Norwich and win games instead. Before thinking about Buendia we desperately need this midfield to be fixed we only have Partey the others are just so bad it's not funny

Don’t get me wrong I think we’ll be a better team with him but I think people have deluded themselves into believing he’ll turn up day one and we’ll start winning games.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Btw, does anyone know what Arteta's planning to do? When he came in, we were looking to attack more after the Emery era, and we sort of did. Then we fluked that win against Liverpool and after that, we stopped attacking and went on to the defend and hold the shape era.

He has no idea what to do.

roz

Fake News Merchant
The Mari and Cedric signings are two of the worst in Arsenal history. It tells me Edu is either completely incompetent or crooked. Don't really know what role Arteta had in the signings either.
Crooked. You can’t tell me anyone that knows anything about football would sign either one of them. Willan also, which makes a bad case for Arteta as he was the one that supposedly wanted him.

So much wrong I don’t even know where to start. Whole club from top to bottom needs a reset which is never going to happen. We are a laughing stock. It’s beyond embarrassing.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom