• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Runarsson: Huffing and Puffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Because he could become our PL keeper sometime soon!

RMESTJTSKNF23YIZBZS6EUR6GA.gif

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Honestly this guys not even a number 3. If that's the standard you're looking for get Stuart Taylor in, at least he's HG.

Selling Martinez or Leno was a coin flip. Personally I'd have preferred to keep Emi but I can see why Arteta preferred Leno. That's not the issue for me. None of us expected a Martinez level back up to arrive, that would be unreasonable. It wasn't unreasonable to ask for a semi competent goalkeeper to come in though.

It's not a price thing either. There are at least a dozen keepers from the Championship and lower who are at better than Runarsson, and would be available for £2m or less. Most of them would be HG too.

Totally bizarre signing. There's no logical reason for it other than the GK coach wanting to help his mate out.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Its just a joke. We signed him because of the recommendation of our goalkeeping coach. What does that now say about him or the quality of the other coaching staff that Arteta has put underneath him.

It's all about trying to save face. Justifying Mari, Cedric, Willian, Runnarson.

The club winter admit it made a mistake and get rid of Edu and bring in Ragnick. Then let Arteta shut his mouth and coach. If he isn't up to it, then he needs to be replaced.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Suffice it to say that if Arsenal see a goalkeeper who is second choice for the worst team in Ligue 1 this season as a viable option to be their own deputy, they had better make a none-too-inconsiderable offering to the injury gods on Leno’s behalf.
It’s called ‘thinking outside the box’... I’m sure there’s a good crappy goalkeeper joke in there that too many Baileys coffee’s have denied me the chance of cracking, so I’ll just say this: he’s ****ing ****.

Kav

Established Member
Its just a joke. We signed him because of the recommendation of our goalkeeping coach. What does that now say about him or the quality of the other coaching staff that Arteta has put underneath him.

It's all about trying to save face. Justifying Mari, Cedric, Willian, Runnarson.

The club winter admit it made a mistake and get rid of Edu and bring in Ragnick. Then let Arteta shut his mouth and coach. If he isn't up to it, then he needs to be replaced.
While Mari and Cedric could be attributed to Raul. To then go on and sign Willian and Runnarson is just as bad. It shows that the incompetence at this club goes beyond a few individuals and has now become a part of the club culture. Baffling decisions to be honest.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
While Mari and Cedric could be attributed to Raul. To then go on and sign Willian and Runnarson is just as bad. It shows that the incompetence at this club goes beyond a few individuals and has now become a part of the club culture. Baffling decisions to be honest.

It's also the arrogance of it. They talk like the fans have no idea what is going on.

If the plan was to loan Saliba. As much as I disagree, it would be fine if he had a whole season.

We have wasted half off his first season at Arsenal. They simply can not justify that. Its gross negligence. 5 months of development wasted.

We have signed players on long term deals that are not good enough. Mari, Cedric. Why is cedric here? He isn't trusted to be a second choice, yet Arteta built him up as some elite final 3rd player.

Now Willian is the hill he is going to die on. He wont suck it up and admit that ESR is more influential when on the pitch for 10 mins than Willian is for an entire half.

All I hear is, players aren't ready.

Look at Kola, Mustafi, Luiz, Willian, Runnarson, Cedric, Mari.

How can the young players not be better than them?

Also ceballos? Ffs.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
I feel a bit sorry for the lad, but he is probably decently compensated for playing the clown.
I don't know what you think 'decently compensated' is, but he signed a 4 year deal on the 21st September, 2020.
Usually a contract runs until June, so that would be June 2024

I make that 45 months at £40,000 a month = £1.8 Million

Oh, and the first week in September that wasn't a full month, so only ten grand earnt in those 7 days!

I wonder how much fermented shark and skyr that buys?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
One thing that gets me with this situation is I don't think Arteta surrounds himself with the best people. Round and Cana I just don't buy as being top class football people.

In terms of Cana putting Runarsson forward for the position. I get wanting to help your mate out, but it's got to be defensible from a footballing perspective and it's not.

It's like pulling some strings to get your mate a job as a sous chef at a Michelin restaurant though he was barely adequate at working at McDonalds. It's going to end in tears.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
**** me, I feel like a fan of a league one team reading this about a signing.
Since Wenger we've had a lot of dodgy keepers though.
Richard Wright coming as Heir to Seaman, Manninger, then Shaaban, who broke his leg today 2002, then Don Vito, Fabianski and Almunia, Ospina as well.

But this guy, coming as 2nd choice is a new low.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
I wouldn’t be too harsh on him, the best goalkeepers in the world have made such howlers. Not saying he’s the best but it’s wrong to judge keepers by their mistakes. He did pull off an incredible save too.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Since Wenger we've had a lot of dodgy keepers though.
Richard Wright coming as Heir to Seaman, Manninger, then Shaaban, who broke his leg today 2002, then Don Vito, Fabianski and Almunia, Ospina as well.

But this guy, coming as 2nd choice is a new low.
Mixed bag and mixed variety there. Some of those have carved out a career for themselves. I was delighted when we signed Wright but then he was inexplicably poor.

Left out Warmuz and Viviano!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Feel sorry for this lad. He's horrendous.

What in ****'s name did we see in him? Did Arteta push for him? If it was the GK coach, why did Arteta or Edu not vet him?

Absolute clowns that all need to be fired.
I really doubt arteta or edu heard about Dijons backup keeper. This was the goalkeeper coach who said I know a keeper and they said ok bring him in. It’s so amateurish it’s not true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom