• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saw an interview with Loic Remy where he basically implied that Pepe was a lazy trainer and doesn't work hard enough. I don't think he wants it enough.

But I still have hope for him here! He just needs to start to play better and show improvements.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I expect the most from Pepe. He is my guy. My favorite.
:rofl: If you say so man.

I wouldn’t expect nothing anymore anyways, he comes on and passes backwards. May try the odd shot, but that’s a finished player if I’ve ever seen one.

He needs to move on and start again. You guys will start to see that right side won’t look much better with Saka and Willian there. Or maybe you guys won’t I dunno.

:rofl: If you say so man.

I wouldn’t expect nothing anymore anyways, he comes on and passes backwards. May try the odd shot, but that’s a finished player if I’ve ever seen one.

He needs to move on and start again. You guys will start to see that right side won’t look much better with Saka and Willian there. Or maybe you guys won’t I dunno.

Nah we definitely looked better with Saka there.

Our best team performances this season have come when Saka is on the right and Pepe on the bench.

But there is still a long way to go for Arsenal as an attacking team under Arteta tbh.

The quoted section conveys that Pepe isn't 'your guy' and you are being facetious with your 'support' of a player who plays for the team you claim to support.

I support Arsenal. Wtf? One of the biggest supporters actually. Top5 amount of posts on here and top5 likes that is not mod. Travelled 3 times to Emirates.

Huge fan of Pepe also but you have to admit he has been a big let down so far.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What made him good was the flair and the ability to take players on, one of the best dribblers in Europe over the previous two seasons. Fact. He’s scared of losing the ball, scared of taking risks now.

He comes on now and plays better ‘team football’ but he’s essentially useless as a player now. An academy kid can do what he’s doing now. Better even. Let Saka keep playing RW, at least he can develop.

DasBootist

I support Arsenal. Wtf? One of the biggest supporters actually. Top5 amount of posts on here and top5 likes that is not mod. Travelled 3 times to Emirates.

Huge fan of Pepe also but you have to admit he has been a big let down so far.
I wouldn't consider Pepe a let down because neither Emery nor Arteta have tried to fit him into an attacking system. He needs a run of games to build chemistry with Saka, Aubameyang and Lacazette.

As it stands we are set to make a massive loss on our record signing, so we should all support him and want him to succeed.

Jae

I think he's got the talent but I'm unsure if he'll make it here in our current state. To be fair to him, his team mates don't help him at times though.

There were quite a few occasions in the game tonight where he was completely open on the wing and could of been played through, but we either passed it backwards or sideways rather than forward, or we dawdled on the ball and allowed Palace to get back in to shape. Pepe is then double marked and has to try and beat two men from a standing position.

We don't move the ball fast enough for him to be effective.

Last edited:

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
We have to be able to blame him. We are told constantly on this forum that he is world-class under the right manager, in the right setup with the correct players around him.

If that is true, even with the wrong manager, tactics, and players he should be at least be able to show something. Just anything. At least give you small hope.

I hate all our players tonight, but tonight the player who I'm told is to be our savior let me the most down.
Exactly right, though he's hardly the first player this fanbase has claimed would be great under an exact, perfect, yet elusive set of circumstances.

We're not the only ones guilty of it either, to be fair. I've heard the same line about Pogba for ~5 years – took an actually world-class player coming in (in Fernadez) to really open everyone's eyes.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Leno and the CB's aside, nobody had a good game. Maybe it's me, but I wonder of Pepe has OCD. I know he likes the ball to feet but he seems to want to stop dead before dribbling. If he would move on to a rolling ball a bit more, that extra bit of time might make a world of difference. We have to sell him and I suspect he's a one season wonder. Such a shame.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He comes on now and plays better ‘team football’ but he’s essentially useless as a player now. An academy kid can do what he’s doing now. Better even. Let Saka keep playing RW, at least he can develop.
I agree with this btw. Take one touch, two touch, pass and move - any kid from the academy can do that really.

This is what the manager and most fans want, there was never the need to spend that money in hindsight it’s a shame.

Hopefully he moves on this summer, there’s no way he can be happy with this situation. He’s pretty much regressed in every single category imaginable except his defending which has notably improved.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There were quite a few occasions in the game tonight where he was completely open on the wing and could of been played through
There was one straight after he came on that was so frustrating because he was in on goal and Auba over hit the simplest of passes.

Now to be fair, all of our attackers are in the same boat so it’s not an excuse for him but this just isn’t the environment to gain confidence.

Reactions: Jae

Macho

Dusted 🔻

How well do you think Pepe is? Is he good enough to raise the game of a struggling team? Can he come up with the magic? Can he give us a world-class game every 5 games maybe?
He’s doing none of the above actually. That guy is toast. Like every single senior attacker on this team really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom