• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Bertrand

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I always want to write a piece or something, but obviously I’m not intelligent enough, but I think the Arsenal fan base has been through a lot of damage which has today made us a very toxic bunch.

I can't explain why really but my "moment" as a fan where my heart hardened was this

e35.png

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Would this be like the Cedric deal? Initial 6 month loan followed by a deal in the summer? Difference being that Bertrand is S'ton's starting LB, he's played 17 games this season, so they wouldn't just let him go mid-season surely?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Would this be like the Cedric deal? Initial 6 month loan followed by a deal in the summer? Difference being that Bertrand is S'ton's starting LB, he's played 17 games this season, so they wouldn't just let him go mid-season surely?

Contract nearly over so last chance for cash

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Contract nearly over so last chance for cash

Hm interesting, how much cash would you have to hand over for a 31 year old RB with 6 months left? Not much you'd think, but then he is their starting LB and we're a direct rival, they could be difficult about it.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I know he's 31 and everything but I can't complain too much, simply cos I tried to think of possible experienced back-up LBs and couldn't come up with anything tbh.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Tierney got LB nailed for years and not the sort to rely on competition to progress. Makes sense to me.

At RB we needed someone to challenge Bellerin and failed

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Hm interesting, how much cash would you have to hand over for a 31 year old RB with 6 months left? Not much you'd think, but then he is their starting LB and we're a direct rival, they could be difficult about it.

People were losing their **** over this. Brace yourself for a new one.

Now they complain he is on a 70k per week wage, as if he wasn't a free transfer besides this 1 million loan fee.

"The Portugal international has joined the Gunners until the end of the season for a loan fee of around £1million."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...confirmed-transfer-deadline-day-a4349776.html

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
People were losing their **** over this. Brace yourself for a new one.

Now they complain he is on a 70k per week wage, as if he wasn't a free transfer besides this 1 million loan fee.

"The Portugal international has joined the Gunners until the end of the season for a loan fee of around £1million."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...confirmed-transfer-deadline-day-a4349776.html

I'm kinda fine with the idea of Bertrand, as long as he's not given longer than a 2 year deal or so. Everyone's broke these days, no one's doing any business, we need a LB, he's a serviceable LB, like beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What the f*ck was Almunia doing? Flapping at his near post.

Shambles of a keeper.

The Bentley one that season too...everyone acting like it was the best goal ever, easy save for any competent keeper.

Seems a nice guy by all accounts, ****ing hated him as a player...three and a half seasons of torture, watching him as our number 1 :facepalm:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The Bentley one that season too...everyone acting like it was the best goal ever, easy save for any competent keeper.

Seems a nice guy by all accounts, ****ing hated him as a player...three and a half seasons of torture, watching him as our number 1 :facepalm:

Useless ****.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Regarding wages, Kola was on over £100k so if we pay Bertrand £75k we are still better off and in my opinion upgrading our squad at the same time.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think some people saying he is the right profile as backup aren't aware of his age. He is 31, not 28 or 29.

He could easily fall off a cliff like Willian did after he signed his last Premier League contract. Don't we ever learn? I'd be all over this if he was at the right age.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
There are millions of fullbacks out there. Players who will be cheap, and will actually have a good age profile. If we are lucky we sign someone who stays here for the rest of their career as "Mr.Reliable", who is happy to be a squad player.

Bertrand is 31, I don't want him. Its getting embarassing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom