• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 1st Leg: Benfica vs Arsenal | Thursday 18th February |20:00 | BT Sport

What do you love more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
We were the much better team, played some really nice stuff and created plenty of chances but werent clinical enough with our finishing.

PEA missed 3 or 4 golden chances.

Some positive peformances:

Ceballos - MOTM I thought. Important block to stop a goal scoring chance. Made many tackles, worked hard, good link up play. Brilliant pass picked out to Bellerin to set up PEA for the sitter.

Ødegaard - Great off ball movement and made some Özil like passes tonight as the commentator said. The through ball for a chance for PEA round 65 minute mark . The ball to Cedric to set up Saka for the goal. Some .flashy black heel and intricate passes and flashy back heels in tight spacea.

Cedric - good attacking and defensively.

Saka - a threat as usual and got the goal.
Nothing on Bellerin?

GLITCH

Created enough chances to have one foot in r16, but we've made it difficult. Tbf to the players, they've played Leeds and Benfica - apparently two of the fittest teams in Europe - in the space of 4 days.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wait, don't we have a really bad record in Greece though :lol:

Last edited:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Even then, that should have been quick since it clearly hit their defender.

Just had enough of it really...you can live with a ref making a mistake in the moment, but when they take that long and still barely make the right decision it too annoying!
What I thought was strange is they never showed the replay for TV, or at least they didn't with who I was watching it through.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
One of our issues is we have no plan B. In the end a draw is not a bad result but Benfica offered nothing.

We don’t have any urgency.

I’m pretty sure we’ve set a record for the least amount of stoppage time this season.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bellerin is beginning to piss me off.

Arteta should have hooked him at half time switch Cedric to right back and Tierney at left back.

Bellerin is the single biggest impediment in our Right side. I've been defending him from Mitch in the last couple years. I'm near my breaking point now

OSBK

Established Member
Terrible game and terrible result.

If its esr or Ødegaard at number 10 then its esr all day long. Ødegaard doesnt add anything aside from he is a decent passer.

Areta said recently auba was back and on fire in training, he had a ok game against leeds and tonight he may aswell not have bothered turning up. Fatigue is a poor excuse, this is about motivation and commitment and its not there.

Huge week for us, we play city a team that could very well batter us without breaking sweat. Massive return leg after and it vould be season over.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You see utd ruthless they score goals they played against much better team we have to be ruthless can't go score 4 in one then miss 4 easy chances next. Saka Auba twice should at least test the keeper

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Tierney looks totally unfit and that shanked cross was unbelievable. Might as well treat City as a run out for the bench warmers and walking wounded. At least this will be over by this time next week. Every other British team scored four goals tonight.

TBF its one bad cross out of 30 almost perfect crosses and it still wasnt as unbelievable as Aubas miss which I was already celebrating the goal harder than Henrys miss in the CL final.

blaze_of_glory

Terrible game and terrible result.

If its esr or Ødegaard at number 10 then its esr all day long. Ødegaard doesnt add anything aside from he is a decent passer.

Areta said recently auba was back and on fire in training, he had a ok game against leeds and tonight he may aswell not have bothered turning up. Fatigue is a poor excuse, this is about motivation and commitment and its not there.

Huge week for us, we play city a team that could very well batter us without breaking sweat. Massive return leg after and it vould be season over.
Ødegaard made the goal and created a few other good chances...?

Camus

Trusted ⭐
We don’t have any urgency.

I’m pretty sure we’ve set a record for the least amount of stoppage time this season.
You know what else annoys me as well? We rarely score late goals. I honestly think we have the fewest amount of goals scored after the 80 min mark of any PL time, or at the very least among the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom