• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Because we have a real plan in place, and that plan will take time. They put all their eggs in one basket in Emery thinking he'd get us CL football via the Europa. Guess what... Didn't happen. KSE said **** it and have made Arteta a long term appointment as compared to their American franchises. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Arteta will be sacked any time soon.

I'm pretty sure Emery had a plan, and it didn't work. I'm sure Arteta has a plan, but can we really see it? The only decent football I can remember is the last month or so and that's because of ESR being introduced due to an injury. Doesn't seem like much of a plan, more like coincidence.

Isn't that what we're doing now with Arteta? All our eggs in the EL basket. We spent 45m on a 27 year old Partey in the summer, you don't do that unless your aim is to get CL football now. We're 10th.

So what's changed? There might be slight differences between Emery and Arteta but let's be honest they're not vast differences. Both have been pretty mediocre on the whole. Would he have survived with fans in the ground? Ask yourself that.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I'm pretty sure Emery had a plan, and it didn't work. I'm sure Arteta has a plan, but can we really see it? The only decent football I can remember is the last month or so and that's because of ESR being introduced due to an injury. Doesn't seem like much of a plan, more like coincidence.

Isn't that what we're doing now with Arteta? All our eggs in the EL basket. We spent 45m on a 27 year old Partey in the summer, you don't do that unless your aim is to get CL football now. We're 10th.

So what's changed? There might be slight differences between Emery and Arteta but let's be honest they're not vast differences. Both have been pretty mediocre on the whole. Would he have survived with fans in the ground? Ask yourself that.
The club's plan with Emery was idiotic, as I said, they had no back-up. They expected to get into the CL in one fell swoop, while proceeding to blow cash without a direction (see Pepe, what an awful piece of transfer business on our part). It's different with Arteta now. It's longterm and will take time with our self-sustainable model.

Yes, I can see Arteta's plan. Sorry I'm not being an emotional Nancy like the rest and are blind to it. Arteta has been implementing a completely new culture and system of play. And it's quite clear the players are nowhere near quitting on him.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Can definitely see this man coming home to save us next season...

24245053.gif

:drool:
From one rookie to the next (managing a top club). Doesn't Henry have some anger issues due to his incredibly demanding winner's mentality?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Didn't Emery do well at Valencia, plus winning 3 Europas in a row with Sevilla is pretty great, I would love to see Arsenal win 1 European trophy :lol:

Still think Unai is an underrated manager, looks the type only capable of doing well in his own country, but that's not much of a knock as some coaches are just like that.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
The club's plan with Emery was idiotic, as I said, they had no back-up. They expected to get into the CL in one fell swoop, while proceeding to blow cash without a direction (see Pepe, what an awful piece of transfer business on our part). It's different with Arteta now. It's longterm and will take time with our self-sustainable model.

Yes, I can see Arteta's plan. Sorry I'm not being an emotional Nancy like the rest and are blind to it. Arteta has been implementing a completely new culture and system of play. And it's quite clear the players are nowhere near quitting on him.

Em*ry was quite simply an incompetent and ridiculous hire, let's be clear here.

It was incompetence from an incompetent regime (Gazidis and his hire, Raúl the assclown).

Didn't Emery do well at Valencia, plus winning 3 Europas in a row with Sevilla is pretty great, I would love to see Arsenal win 1 European trophy :lol:

Still think Unai is an underrated manager, looks the type only capable of doing well in his own country, but that's not much of a knock as some coaches are just like that.

Again, Em*ry's league results have always been underwhelming. Sevilla has performed much better in the league since he left (finished CL the season after he left, and have finished in CL positions twice in the 4 years since he left, something he never did with finishes of 5th, 5th, and 7th), and he took a Valencia team that was still by far the 3rd biggest club in the country when he took it over (pre-Cholo Atléti) and his crowning achievement there was finishing...3rd.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
According to @HairSprayGooners he's getting 90-100% out of the starting 11. :lol:

• Leno - Absolutely playing to the best of his abilities. I think he's actually improved in the ball claim and distribution areas of his game as well.
  • Tierney - nobody with a brain can say he isnt performing to the best of his abilities every single time he plays.
  • Bellerin - Technically he's very very average. Is he playing to the best of his ability? Yes. Because his overall ability doesn't allow him to push into a top tier right back bracket.
  • Holding - One of the players who has improved the most under Arteta. He will never be world class but Arteta is simply getting the best he can out of him. There's only so far you can take a player like Holding.
  • Mari/Gabriel - Arteta is also getting the best out of these two, no surprise given our defensive record right now.
  • Xhaka - has improved a stupid amount over the past two months. Been one of our key players and I dont even like him. Is Xhaka playing to the best of his abilities? Absolutely yes.
  • Ceballos - he's only performed here under Arteta, once again along with Elneny two quite limited midfield players who you can only take so far.
  • Saka - Words don't need to be said. Hes improving dramatically week on week under Arteta. And always plays at the required level.
  • Smith Rowe - Similar to Saka but with less game time so far, continuing to improve and giving everything on the pitch.
  • Pepe - Still incredibly inconsistent but he's been that ever since he joined us. Maybe the league just doesn't work for him?
  • Auba - been much better recently, sadly Mikel cannot tell him to miss an open goal, contrary to what some on here think. Auba will always be limited and tbh as he gets older he's going to become more and more useless. Yes I'm talking to you @yorch44 and muppets like you who believe Arteta tells limited players to pass backwards.

Like I will continue to say, if Arteta was telling these players to play backwards and play forwards/look limited why is it when a technically superior player comes into the team they play forwards?

Some people do not use their ****ing brains its infuriating. I dont want world class players in every position, but when you have a mixture of players who are technically poor or physically poor then you're just asking for trouble.

Xhaka, Ceballos and Elneny is a midfield worthy of 10th place. Bellerin wouldn't get into the top 10 in the league at right back. These are players who are stupidly limited and it shows when we play against teams like Man City.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

• Leno - Absolutely playing to the best of his abilities. I think he's actually improved in the ball claim and distribution areas of his game as well.
  • Tierney - nobody with a brain can say he isnt performing to the best of his abilities every single time he plays.
  • Bellerin - Technically he's very very average. Is he playing to the best of his ability? Yes. Because his overall ability doesn't allow him to push into a top tier right back bracket.
  • Holding - One of the players who has improved the most under Arteta. He will never be world class but Arteta is simply getting the best he can out of him. There's only so far you can take a player like Holding.
  • Mari/Gabriel - Arteta is also getting the best out of these two, no surprise given our defensive record right now.
  • Xhaka - has improved a stupid amount over the past two months. Been one of our key players and I dont even like him. Is Xhaka playing to the best of his abilities? Absolutely yes.
  • Ceballos - he's only performed here under Arteta, once again along with Elneny two quite limited midfield players who you can only take so far.
  • Saka - Words don't need to be said. Hes improving dramatically week on week under Arteta. And always plays at the required level.
  • Smith Rowe - Similar to Saka but with less game time so far, continuing to improve and giving everything on the pitch.
  • Pepe - Still incredibly inconsistent but he's been that ever since he joined us. Maybe the league just doesn't work for him?
  • Auba - been much better recently, sadly Mikel cannot tell him to miss an open goal, contrary to what some on here think. Auba will always be limited and tbh as he gets older he's going to become more and more useless. Yes I'm talking to you @yorch44 and muppets like you who believe Arteta tells limited players to pass backwards.
Like I will continue to say, if Arteta was telling these players to play backwards and play forwards/look limited why is it when a technically superior player comes into the team they play forwards?

Some people do not use their ****ing brains its infuriating. I dont want world class players in every position, but when you have a mixture of players who are technically poor or physically poor then you're just asking for trouble.

Xhaka, Ceballos and Elneny is a midfield worthy of 10th place. Bellerin wouldn't get into the top 10 in the league at right back. These are players who are stupidly limited and it shows when we play against teams like Man City.

Sorry HairSpray mate I won't read all this. You know my thoughts already.

al-Ustaadh

He's been fine in Spain. But that's where he needs to stay. His time at PSG and Arsenal were horrid. And La Liga's time in Europe is over. I expect the EPL to dominate European football for the most part into the future. How long that will last, I don't know.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Em*ry was quite simply an incompetent and ridiculous hire, let's be clear here.

It was incompetence from an incompetent regime (Gazidis and his hire, Raúl the assclown).

Again, Em*ry's league results have always been underwhelming. Sevilla has performed much better in the league since he left, and he took a Valencia team that was still by far the 3rd biggest club in the country when he took it over (pre-Cholo Atléti) and his crowning achievement there was finishing...3rd.
We had Arteta, Vieira and Henry in the short-list to replace Wenger.
Emery actually looked like Arrigo Sacchi in that company :lol:

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

I mean you're saying stuff you could also level at Arteta. Yeah we spent a load of money on Pepe to win now, and we spent money on Willian, Auba and Partey for Arteta, how is that a long-term project? Those are all win now deals.

I agree the players look more behind him than Emery, that's a saving grace, and there's been a slight improvement since christmas, but overall it's not great is it.

And i'm not emotional about Arteta at all. After Wenger tbh i don't care who the coach is, i'm not gonna get attached to any of them. Why is Arteta this precious hope we should invest so much time in? Cos he played for us, cos the 'idea' of him being great at Arsenal is nice?

Plenty more fish in the sea, it's a results business, if we lose to Benfica he's failed by every standard set for him this season and he has no track record to back him up, he should go.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Though if we did appoint Thierry, I would probably have to limit my time on here only for when he is winning games and doing well.

I will never put aside how much I love Henry, he was my first Arsenal hero, that stuff should never be forgotten...if he is doing badly, I would be so easy to wind up...would probably end up getting banned multiple times, if he was getting harshly criticized on here you would see a very ugly side of Riou :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

:lol:

Are any elite managers actually available though? Only won you'd bet on is Allegri and why would he come here when the Utd job will come up eventually.

Yeah you’re probably right if I’m some elite prospect like Nagelsmann or Ten Haag I’m steering well clear of us for now.

My point is though why do we persist if we’re just wasting time with Arteta? It’s the sunk cost fallacy if we’re saying we’ve sunk time and money into him so we have to keep waiting and seeing.

I don’t like constantly talking about Liverpool but with our current standing we should look to what they did in 2012 when they’d fallen down the table.

They took a manager who’d shown he could over-perform with what he had at Swansea and wasn’t some big name and could improve the club’s standing until they could get their final piece of the puzzle in Klopp.

Whether or not we get Rodgers himself, or gamble on another younger manager like Potter or Parker is immaterial but I think we have to ask ourselves as a fan base is there honestly no one else who can get more out of this squad than Arteta is right now?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
We had Arteta, Vieira and Henry in the short-list to replace Wenger.
Emery actually looked like Arrigo Sacchi in that company :lol:

Well, that was a terrible shortlist.

In any case, starting the re-build right there and then (when we weren't so far behind the ball as we were after Em*ry predictably came in and did his disaster work at the club) with Arteta was the right thing to do.

But Gazidis is a ballsless, incompetent eunuch, and we all know the story.

al-Ustaadh

I mean you're saying stuff you could also level at Arteta. Yeah we spent a load of money on Pepe to win now, and we spent money on Willian, Auba and Partey for Arteta, how is that a long-term project? Those are all win now deals.

No, none of this applies in the same way.

I agree the players look more behind him than Emery, that's a saving grace, and there's been a slight improvement since christmas, but overall it's not great is it.

We're not done developing this squad and it's quite clear the direction we're headed in. Just going to be some more time before you see it in the wins column. You'll just have to cry about it some more until then.

And i'm not emotional about Arteta at all. After Wenger tbh i don't care who the coach is, i'm not gonna get attached to any of them. Why is Arteta this precious hope we should invest so much time in? Cos he played for us, cos the 'idea' of him being great at Arsenal is nice?

While I can't stand KSE, I'm very happy they don't give a **** for people's opinions like your's.

Sacking Arteta now will not change anything. It will just make things worst. Another new manager with another new plan, having to alter the squad yet again. It will set us back even further. Good luck with that.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

Yeah you’re probably right if I’m some elite prospect like Nagelsmann or Ten Haag I’m steering well clear of us for now.

My point is though why do we persist if we’re just wasting time with Arteta? It’s the sunk cost fallacy if we’re saying we’ve sunk time and money into him so we have to keep waiting and seeing.

I don’t like constantly talking about Liverpool but with our current standing we should look to what they did in 2012 when they’d fallen down the table.

They took a manager who’d shown he could over-perform with what he had at Swansea and wasn’t some big name and could improve the club’s standing until they could get their final piece of the puzzle in Klopp.

Whether or not we get Rodgers himself, or gamble on another younger manager like Potter or Parker is immaterial but I think we have to ask ourselves as a fan base is there honestly no one else who can get more out of this squad than Arteta is right now?

Well said as always Rex mate, always find myself agreeing with your musings on these matters

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

I mean we're literally Sunk Cost Fallacy F.C., so expect this to get worse.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arseblog was a staunch, rock solid supporter of Wenger for almost all of his years, barely critical of him or giving extremely cautious or measured criticism of him while other blogs such as 'Le Grove' had been savaging him for years. Slowly, almost imperceptibly, Arseblog began to suggest Wenger should leave in what actually turned out to be his last few months of management. When Arseblog began to openly suggest this, I knew Wengers number was finally up.

The fact you have mentioned Arseblog as a 'Wenger Outer' alongside AFTV is beyond all comprehension.
That’s all you can take from all those stats I posted, ‘Arseblog weren’t as anti Wenger as you’re making out’. :lol: What about how superb the stats were that season, and how poor they are now. Yet Wenger was deemed sackable and Arteta is doing fine, for some Trumpesque fake news reason.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
That’s all you can take from all those stats I posted, ‘Arseblog weren’t as anti Wenger as you’re making out’. :lol: What about how superb the stats were that season, and how poor they are now. Yet Wenger was deemed sackable and Arteta is doing fine, for some Trumpesque fake news reason.

You argue like Manberg.

If we had sacked Wenger when we should have and hired a manager who was competent and competitive in modern football (as Liverpool and City did) we wouldn't be where we are now, and we probably wouldn't have lost the league to Leicester with 81 pts having a far superior squad and spending power.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
My point is though why do we persist if we’re just wasting time with Arteta?
I always chalk it down to spending. A really good manager will cost a pretty penny and he'll expect investment in order to achieve success.
Considering we're doing a lot of loans now and barely paid Partey's release clause, I'm not expecting to see the club taking action anytime soon.

I mean, during that terrible run of form from November till the end of December we went through, any other club would have sacked him without a shadow of a doubt and they continued with him.

When we reached the EL final 2 seasons ago, we had a less talented squad and the midfield was horrid, so we can go the extra mile, but it's his shoddy tactics and subs that drag us down a lot.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom