• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Xhaka, Elneny and Cellabos is like choosing between genital warts, herpes or gonorrhea. I think it's time we tried to move towards a City like 433. Partey at the base with Ödegaard and ESR ahead. Chambers tucking in midfield is probably a better option than Bellerin. We need to be brave and try it out once this season because I believe that is Arteta's vision.
Why not! I wouldn’t mind a run of games with this setup.

Legend14

Established Member
Nope, zero agenda on Partey, I haven't even commented on him much this season since he's been injured. I said his best games have come at OT and vs Wolves away in the first half. I am laughing at the mere fact you said he was rubbish today.

Add to that he had a 91% pass rate and a huge amount of them bypassed West Hams midfield and started our attacks.

To say he was rubbish today is silly, had we had an Elneny or Ceballos in there we don't drag that back and they wouldn't of stopped us going 3-0 down either, that was on the team.

I am not invested in this player whatsoever, just pointing out people need to watch the game rather than picking out the parts he shot over the bar or miss placed a few passes.
His stats from the match linked below confirm he was basically man of the match. He seems to be back on form (other than leaning back on his shots).

Legend14

Established Member
Between Partey and PEA for worst player on the pitch today (which says something as Leno and Luiz were bad enough).

From his pathetic greedy poor long shots, to letting Rice run past him and no attempt to track him back and to his dreadful pass he made across one side of the pitch to the opposition.

Really struggling adapting to life in the PL.
Looks like you missed the game or you have an agenda. Why waste our time with these unsubstantiated comments?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Looks like you missed the game or you have an agenda. Why waste our time with these unsubstantiated comments?

There are several posters on this thread that thought he was poor and look at the match thread during the actual match - it's full of posters criticising his poor peformance.

Mitch

Rice > Xhaka
Soucek > Partey

?? Thoughts?

Partey is unrecognisable from the player at Atletico.

Partey has been hugely unimpressive all season except for man united match. He's not all that. Not for us anyway.

Partey is pissing me off, should forbid him from shooting outside

I said it before there's a reason no big team was in for Partey. In a rigid system he looks good but so do most midfielders. When they actually have to run attack, track runners and be up against good teams hes found out. Shooting is crap and passing is crap. No excuses anymore. He asked for 200k a week to sign for us. Needs to start dominating games.

Partey is a ****ing joke man.

Partey you ****ing suck.

Seriously **** off Partey

Turned back over to see Partey balloon another shot over the bar...

Partey cant shoot for sh*t.

I'm going to have words with the next Ghanaian I see. Partey is pissing me off.

Partey living his best life now that Simeone won’t murder him for shooting from a mile out.

Partey needs shooting practice

Farking hell, stop it Partey!

Hes been dreadful last few games

Partey looks weak in midfield, needs to bulk up.

Partey was poor. He has been poor all season except United. Go and watch the games back.

Still, seeing first Xhaka and then Partey just turn their backs and stroll back was frustrating as ****! 🤬

Some of the Posts from the match thread who didn't share your @Legend14 opinion of Partey's peformance.

mpower2540

Some of the Posts from the match thread who didn't share your @Legend14 opinion of Partey's peformance.
Everyone chats bollocks during a match due to high emotions, I do it all the time. I watched the game again and he was excellent.

People who thought he was poor are just agenda driven, waiting for him to make a mistake to pounce on. Frankly that attitude makes me think they deserve to watch Elneny, Ceballos and Xhaka plod about hitting high passing statistics when the majority of them are sideways and backwards. Partey’s passing was at 91% and most of them were forwards.

You don’t like the player, and you never wanted us to sign him, which is fine, but to call his performance the worst on the pitch next to Aubameyang is just nonsense.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Everyone chats bollocks during a match due to high emotions, I do it all the time. I watched the game again and he was excellent.

People who thought he was poor are just agenda driven, waiting for him to make a mistake to pounce on. Frankly that attitude makes me think they deserve to watch Elneny, Ceballos and Xhaka plod about hitting high passing statistics when the majority of them are sideways and backwards. Partey’s passing was at 91% and most of them were forwards.

You don’t like the player, and you never wanted us to sign him, which is fine, but to call his performance the worst on the pitch next to Aubameyang is just nonsense.
He wasn't poor and everyone turned their back for the quick fk. His shooting is awful but one of these days, he'll hit a worldly. He hasn't hit his AM heights but he's still not fully fit either. We've seen what he can do especially vs Utd but he's playing within himself atm and unfortunately, we need him to be careful or we'll be back to total midfield plodding-especially with question marks over the fitness of Ode and ESR. He'll come good consistently in the run in.

Mitch

I'm not agenda driven. I want Partey to play to expected standard but he has only done this against Utd and about two other matches. I hope his bad form is due to injuries or that he just needs time to adapt (Pires was poor when he first joined and needed time to adapt). However bottom line is his peformances this season so far on a whole haven't been good enough.

I know people were desperate for this signing and attempt to pretend that he played well in his poor peformances to suit their agenda or like to blame his teammates for his poor peformances. But call it as is.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Poverty effort sifting through a match thread where we went down 3-0 in 35 min. I doubt you can find a single positive statement about a single player. We probably dragged them all through the mud. We are football fans after all... Every misplaced pass, every shot that goes wide, every defensive error etc. is followed by a gigantic moan. It is what is done. Then when things go well we swing in the other direction and become excited and overly positive.

Final comment, check who liked your post and you know how much poverty it was.

Sorry for being harsh with you but felt post deserved a slap on the fingers.

GoonerJay24

Xhaka, Elneny and Cellabos is like choosing between genital warts, herpes or gonorrhea. I think it's time we tried to move towards a City like 433. Partey at the base with Ödegaard and ESR ahead. Chambers tucking in midfield is probably a better option than Bellerin. We need to be brave and try it out once this season because I believe that is Arteta's vision.
I don't like the sound of that at all.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I know people were desperate for this signing and attempt to pretend that he played well in his poor peformances to suit their agenda or like to blame his teammates for his poor peformances. But call it as is.
Come on man! So in defense of a questionable statement of yours in a post about the performance of Partey in the match against West Ham you decide to hide behind that argument? That those who say he had a good game are agenda driven etc.?

It is fine if you think Partey should play better. I hope he improves also as I am sure he can become better and more consistent. I still rate him well above our other DM options, especially the poverty player he started next to.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think @Mitch is being fair enough. a bit harsh imo but Partey definitely hasn’t hit the level we all know he can and so I’m not really going to praise him for being better than our other midfielders. I’m waiting for him to be as good as we know he can be before I start praising him.

mpower2540

I'm not agenda driven. I want Partey to play to expected standard but he has only done this against Utd and about two other matches. I hope his bad form is due to injuries or that he just needs time to adapt (Pires was poor when he first joined and needed time to adapt). However bottom line is his peformances this season so far on a whole haven't been good enough.

Come off it mate, you’re one of the most agenda driven people on here! In fact, I get it! I’ve got agendas against players, your mate Chambers being one of them, I’m yet to go into that thread and say how good he was (he was brilliant) cos I’ve never seen it with him. He’s proving me wrong with his recent performances

Kolasinac had a brilliant game against Leicester last season and it burned me to my core so much I couldn’t actually admit he was good! :lol:

Where I take issue is that when a player has clearly had a good game yet people want to push some narrative that they were actually rubbish, it’s best just to keep quiet.

Mitch

I doubt you can find a single positive statement about a single player. We probably dragged them all through the mud. We are football fans after all... Every misplaced pass, every shot that goes wide, every defensive error etc. is followed by a gigantic moan. It is what is done. Then when things go well we swing in the other direction and be
Are you suggesting AM posters are emotional and prone to knee jerk, over the top reactions?

Slanderous Accusations.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

my posts there are exclusively about his long shots lol, they piss me off.. As for his performance I don’t think he was bad. Overall though he’s been underwhelming with a few glimpses of what he’s capable of. He should be doing much better than this and I’m expecting him too.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
PROS
  • moves the ball on beautifully
  • make a lot of intercepts
  • supremely calm in tight areas
  • hewn from Ghanaian oak
CONS
  • has the appearance of operating at 70%
  • seems a bit slow sometimes, opposition players occasionally accelerate away from him
  • prone to huge lapses in performance later on in games
  • repeatedly blasts the ball into deep space from outside the box
OVERALL

At this tick of the clock the only Arsenal players I have a deep and meaningful love for is Tierney, Saka, ESR and Partey (would add Martinelli if he ever actually played)

Mitch

expand...
Come off it mate, you’re one of the most agenda driven people on here! In fact, I get it! I’ve got agendas against players, your mate Chambers being one of them, I’m yet to go into that thread and say how good he was (he was brilliant) cos I’ve never seen it with him. He’s proving me wrong with his recent performances

How am I agenda driven? Because Ive said for years Bellerin is a weak link defensively and hasnt been good enough for years and that Chambers and Cedric are more talented? These players peformances have vindicated my opinion to point that majority on this forum now think Bellerin should be third choice.

That Ramsey peformances post leg break was inconsistent not good? I feel my opinion was vindicated when Arsenal decided not to offer him the contract. The counter argument was later on Juventus signed. I feel my opinion was vinicated when he was fifth sixth cm choice last season and Juventus at times would rather play the corpse of Khedira instead of him. This season Ramsey isn't one the main two cms and is now being linked to the likes of Villa, Newcastle and West Ham (I preditclicted that too).

Or was i agenda driven when i said Song was one of our worst players in his final season with us? People pointed to him joining Barcelona but low behold he flopped for them and joined West Ham.

Just call me mystic Mitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom