• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The only "negatives" about Partey so far, are his shooting and fitness (and the fitness one will hopefully be fixed soon)

Think he's a brilliant player, has taken our midfield up a level by his sheer presence alone...that list was funny though :lol:

mpower2540

How am I agenda driven? Because Ive said for years Bellerin is a weak link defensively and hasnt been good enough for years and that Chambers and Cedric are more talented? These players peformances have vindicated my opinion to point that majority on this forum now think Bellerin should be third choice.

That Ramsey peformances post leg break was inconsistent not good? I feel my opinion was vindicated when Arsenal decided not to offer him the contract. The counter argument was later on Juventus signed. I feel my opinion was vinicated when he was fifth sixth cm choice last season and Juventus at times would rather play the corpse of Khedira instead of him. This season Ramsey isn't one the main two cms and is now being linked to the likes of Villa, Newcastle and West Ham (I preditclicted that too).

Or was i agenda driven when i said Song was one of our worst players in his final season with us? People pointed to him joining Barcelona but low behold he flopped for them and joined West Ham.

Just call me mystic Mitch.
I agree with most of your opinions on those players, I just think you tend to go overboard on saying they were trash in certain games when it’s not true. Poor old Hector can’t do anything right by you!

Your reply to me there was excellent btw so fair play.............gonna have to draw the line at calling you mystic Mitch though I’m afraid.

Legend14

Established Member
There are several posters on this thread that thought he was poor and look at the match thread during the actual match - it's full of posters criticising his poor peformance.
And I disagree with each of them. The numbers aren’t lying, so they saw what they wanted to see.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Are you suggesting AM posters are emotional and prone to knee jerk, over the top reactions?

Slanderous Accusations.
To be honest it is the during the game BS that I enjoy the most. I am in the football desert here in NJ with COVID and games starting at 7am. So logging on AM and reading comments during games are really good. A bit like the banter in a pub but without the actual physical fights afterwards... I miss England! :(

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Think @Mitch is being fair enough. a bit harsh imo but Partey definitely hasn’t hit the level we all know he can and so I’m not really going to praise him for being better than our other midfielders. I’m waiting for him to be as good as we know he can be before I start praising him.
How good do you know he can be and where did you see him be this good?

mirrorstare

That's a fair point, no idea where the world class stuff has actually came from. He's a solid footballer with one really cool looking skill but it's not like Atleti has missed him, or that we look like a new team with him on the pitch like Ødegaard has shown in flashes.

In fact defensive wise we look weaker since he's getting regular gametime. He can intercept a ball but it might not matter much if everyone ends up running rings around him anyway, even on his best games.

Finesse

I don't want Arsenal playing anything like Peps City team.
Both Manager have different styles and team structures based on similar philosophy. I want Arsenal players having the confidence , first touch and application on the ball in tight places like the City team. Football is a very simple game , but playing football in a simple way is the most difficult challenge for players.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

my posts there are exclusively about his long shots lol, they piss me off.. As for his performance I don’t think he was bad. Overall though he’s been underwhelming with a few glimpses of what he’s capable of. He should be doing much better than this and I’m expecting him too.

Yeah was a good performance , but the shooting , 5 mins left , space to pick a pass , shoots from 40 out , ball in the car park.🤦‍♂️

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I do feel he is getting closer though. In 12-18 months he will score on one of those babies!
There was a huge shift of at least 7 meters nearer the goal between his penultimate effort and his last effort. By my calculations, another 6-7m shift with no more than a 5kph cross wind should result in the death of a goalkeeper unless he’s good at diving out of the way, in which case it should be a gol gol gol !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom