• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arsenal have been advocating for this super league since the early 1990's. (I'm surprised not many people know this.) David Dein pushed for this back then and later headed up the G14 clubs where they discussed doing this for years but they needed the right moment. With the effects of the pandemic and the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid in serious financial trouble they HAD to do something. Now, that moment has come people are sounding surprised....
I doubt David Dein advocated for a closed league where your only means of entry was by buying a seat at the table.

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

I’m gonna wait and see how this unfolds before I make sweeping statements. I’ll be honest before it was confirmed I didn’t care.

Doesn’t feel good though. I think people thinking we will invest to match the teams we will get humped by every week will be bitterly disappointed.

This whole season feels like a waste and I was upset over our league position for nothing.

Vicki

Arsenal have been advocating for this super league since the early 1990's. (I'm surprised not many people know this.) David Dein pushed for this back then and later headed up the G14 clubs where they discussed doing this for years but they needed the right moment. With the effects of the pandemic and the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid in serious financial trouble they HAD to do something. Now, that moment has come people are sounding surprised....
I'm actually surprised that anyone knows this

David Dein and the G14 wanted precisely this

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Looking at the numbers this would actually make us more competitive with the likes of City. You want Grealish or another CM this summer? Well you have enough for both now.
What incentive is their for Kroenke to spend money on the likes of Grealish when he's pocketing cash for finishing bottom of this thing? This is a dream come true for the likes of him. He doesn't have to spend to try and get top 4 for the CL money anymore.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

This really feels like footballs jumping the shark moment.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
No one’s pretending that UEFA is whiter than white. Far from it. But at least all the competitions we have now are based on meritocracy. And yes Man City make it highly unlikely that just any team can rise to win the Prem but the dream is still there and Leicester did it against all odds. Chorley FC can dream of winning the FA Cup and San Marino can dream of winning the World Cup.

But a league by invitation only, based on your ability to pa, and where no one gets demoted or promoted is wrong in principle. By and large these teams already play each other in the CL, so why exclude a team like Leicester or West Ham who can forge ahead of a club like Arsenal when it’s badly run and managed.
Its wrong in principle. Why should poorly run clubs be given a permanent seat at the big table while well run more innovative clubs be denied the opportunity to compete. Its so wrong and just the traditional elite trying to avoid having to compete to maintain their position.

Vicki

I doubt David Dein advocated for a closed league where your only means of entry was by buying a seat at the table.
He didn't 'advocate' for that, as he knew at that time it wouldn't go through

Secretly though that was 'exactly' the plan

Private Members Club

Entry with ( very expensive ) Membership Card

Vicki

It's true though, the average finsbury park arsenal fan cannot afford to go to the Emirates every two weeks.

On one hand you want global support on the other hand you want the club to be rooted in the community. Which one is it? All this stuff about English football tradition is a load of old cobblers, it's fundamentally a class issue.
Well done Sir
Spot on

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom