• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
All I can see is a bunch of very rich owners who don't want their finances to be put at risk by the thought of various well run "smaller clubs" spoiling their little monopoly year on year. Look at us, Sp**s or Juve this season. Had horrific years and at risk of getting no payday at the end of it.

I'm not denying that the likes of UEFA are corrupt but this is not the answer. To banish any form of competitive competition is criminal. Of course I want Arsenal to play the best in Europe every season but I want us to earn it through what we do on the pitch, not because these owners don't like the idea that some "smaller teams" are better at running their clubs than they are.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
That's simply not the case even when Sky tries to convince you it is. Yeah, some clubs won't be relegated, but there will still be a chance for some to play it, just as it is with the CL, although CL takes a lot of rubbish teams so it makes eastern countries happier and they give their votes.

Didn't you guys complain for years that you dont want to play Dundlak, Rapid, Lokomotiv and Dynamo even when we were in the CL?
No I didn't. I don't give a damn who we play so long as they are entitled to be there.

Eastern countries reached a number of finals even in the old Communist days. If you're old enough you'll remember Steaua denying the mighty Barcelona their first European Cup victory. Or CSKA Sofia knocking out Ajax who'd just won three European Cups in a row and had Cruyff etc in their ranks. Etc etc

If the quality is here then the big teams will beat the little teams 9 out of 10. If you fix the draw so they can never play you, you're not necessarily better than them. Just better at fixing the odds.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Has he ever said a critical word about the Glazers before?

I still don’t think he has. That picture could mean anything.

also, depending on your perspective, the majority of fans follow the super clubs and would be able to watch more high profile games. So some fans win and some fans lose.

People giving credit to Rashford as if that post is a protest and the same people who give credence to astrology. Attributing significance to something that has very little.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The fact that the PR for this has been so bad and incompetent suggests to me they know no one can stop them. If they thought this depended on convincing people of their arguments, of winning them over, they'd have hired the best PR firms in the world and paid them millions. Instead they announced a tacky website on a Sunday night, none of the clubs have said a singe thing, and Perez has gone on a chintzy talk show. They're not bothering to win hearts and minds, they've dropped the bomb, it's done, they're not backing out, it's been in planning for years. It's happening.

They did hire the best, they have iNHouse, the firm that made Boris Johnson mayor of London.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think the Super League clubs should just sod off and create their own circus with their own rules and then we can have two codes like Rugby Union and Rugby League. They can call their stuff Moneyball or whatever.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
No I didn't. I don't give a damn who we play so long as they are entitled to be there.

Eastern countries reached a number of finals even in the old Communist days. If you're old enough you'll remember Steaua denying the mighty Barcelona their first European Cup victory. Or CSKA Sofia knocking out Ajax who'd just won three European Cups in a row and had Cruyff etc in their ranks. Etc etc

If the quality is here then the big teams will beat the little teams 9 out of 10. If you fix the draw so they can never play you, you're not necessarily better than them. Just better at fixing the odds.
OK, let's put it like this, isn't it the case that the vast majority of the fans support "big" clubs? So who is actually watching Steaua, Dundlak, or Lokomotiv? That's why the CL is crap for 95% of the time, and the greedy clubs want to fix that and earn some great money with that.

I wouldn't mind watch Real - Juventus game in the middle of the week, but I won't pretend like you that I have any ****ing interest in Steaua even if they reach semi finals, and that goes for 95% of the fans out there

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
so are you saying there would be a shift of power and the clubs remaining in PL could pickup enough elite players to be appealing?
Given time, yes. Funny as it may seem to some a lot of people enjoy supporting their local clubs and the idea that these 12 apostles who wish to save football by getting every single fan in the world to support one of them is not only wrong it is laughably out of touch with the human psyche and its aspirations. But then you would expect these people to lack, shall we say, the common touch.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Latest posts

Top Bottom