• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No of course not. Why lose a player who was best performing English CB this season after Stones?

Because people don't like him because going bald?
I very much like Rob and have praised him this season.

Where are your stats that stat Holding was the 2nd best English defender this season? If you are going to make am argument using that you have to back it up.

Maguire and Ben White are better than Rob Holding. If all 3 sold tomorrow Holding would be the least expensive.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I very much like Rob and have praised him this season.

Where are your stats that stat Holding was the 2nd best English defender this season? If you are going to make am argument using that you have to back it up.

Maguire and Ben White are better than Rob Holding. If all 3 sold tomorrow Holding would be the least expensive.

Holdini has amazing career result record against the so called "big 6" (in particular against Chelsea). Had many great performances this season such as Pool in the cup, Chelsea (in both matches as always against chelsea) Brighton, Utd(in both matches), Palace, Leeds, Newcastle, Southampton (best player on the pitch), WBA (in both matches) and Villa (and these are just the matches I remeber of the top off my head. Played in every cleansheet in the league we had and we couldn't keep a cleansheet without.

We have since:

lost to city and Sp**s
Beat Chelsea 1-0

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Holdini has amazing career result record against the so called "big 6" (in particular against Chelsea). Had many great performances this season such as Pool in the cup, Chelsea (in both matches as always against chelsea) Brighton, Utd(in both matches), Palace, Leeds, Newcastle, Southampton (best player on the pitch), WBA (in both matches) and Villa (and these are just the matches I remeber of the top off my head. Played in every cleansheet in the league we had and we couldn't keep a cleansheet without.

We have since:

lost to city and Sp**s
Beat Chelsea 1-0
So you wouldn't swap him tomorrow for Harry Maguire or Ben White?

Mitch

Where are your stats to back up your statement?

Look at our defensive record this season, only City and Chelsea conceded less . Our record with him against top 6 teams since joining us (big game player). Our failure to be able to keep a clean sheet without him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Look at our defensive record this season, only City and Chelsea conceded less . Our record with him against top 6 teams since joining us (big game player). Our failure to be able to keep a clean sheet without him.
So you would then say Chambers is better than Wan Bisakka and Trent AA?

You would say Leno is better than Allison?

That is your logic I'm using.

Mitch

Well Chambers is better balanced and all rounded in than either AWB or TAA (is good going forward and defensively unlike these two). However really Chambers unfortunately only played a limited amount games. If Arteta put him in the side sooner we certainly would of finished higher in the table.

Leno is not better Allison no. Leno was good 3 quarters of the season then fell apart in final quarter becoming error prone. Also VVD was a huge miss for Pool.

Holdini unlike these two played a vital part in our defensive record though and after Tierney was produced more good performances than anyone in the team.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Well Chambers is better balanced and all rounded in than either AWB or TAA (is good going forward and defensively unlike these two). However really Chambers unfortunately only played a limited amount games. If Arteta put him in the side sooner we certainly would of finished higher in the table.

Leno is not better Allison no. Leno was good 3 quarters of the season then fell apart in final quarter becoming error prone. Also VVD was a huge miss for Pool.

Holdini unlike these two played a vital part in our defensive record though and after Tierney was produced more good performances than anyone in the team.
Lay of the drink and drugs mate.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

Our defensive record is due to Arteta's tactics of defending at all costs, even with the ball. It's why we were so crap offensively. Arteta's approach is a defend-first approach.

It's also given a false impression that Holding is a good defender. He really isn't...he is ok as a backup option but as a starting defender, we should be aiming for better and we better hope Saliba is up to the task

Mitch

Our defensive record is due to Arteta's tactics of defending at all costs, even with the ball. It's why we were so crap offensively. Arteta's approach is a defend-first approach.

It's also given a false impression that Holding is a good defender. He really isn't...he is ok as a backup option but as a starting defender, we should be aiming for better and we better hope Saliba is up to the task

Why is Holding good? Produced more good performances than any other player apart from Tierney this season. In the period Holdini didn't play we couldn't keep a clean sheet in the league without him.

Is it because Holding isn't good on a Pro Evolution, Championship Manager, Offside or Fifa computer game thingy (do they still do them?)? or is it due to the young generation being obsessed with hair lines is the reason for Holding not being rated? Because it's certainly not peformance based. Good performances after good performance.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Why is Holding good? Produced more good performances than any other player apart from Tierney this season. In the period Holdini didn't play we couldn't keep a clean sheet in the league without him.

Is it because Holding isn't good on a Pro Evolution, Championship Manager, Offside or Fifa computer game thingy (do they still do them?)? or is it due to the young generation being obsessed with hair lines is the reason for Holding not being rated? Because it's certainly not peformance based. Good performances after good performance.
It's some weird mental gymnastics people make to hate Holding, literally everything shows he's our best CB but they just don't want to admit it. Just look at this thread every time he's good they come up with some intangibles they can't even prove to put him down. I'd take Holding over Ben White or Maguire everyday of the week because I make my own football opinions and don't let Sky Sports tell me who is good.

Holding has been way better than Gabriel this season but everyone goes on like Gabriel is amazing, they don't even see their own bias.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It's some weird mental gymnastics people make to hate Holding, literally everything shows he's our best CB but they just don't want to admit it. Just look at this thread every time he's good they come up with some intangibles they can't even prove to put him down. I'd take Holding over Ben White or Maguire everyday of the week because I make my own football opinions and don't let Sky Sports tell me who is good.

Holding has been way better than Gabriel this season but everyone goes on like Gabriel is amazing, they don't even see their own bias.
You're saying that people who don't rate Holding can't back themselves of with anything substantial however you are doing exactly the same.

I think Holding is a solid player. He's been good for us this year. But that doesn't mean I think he's better than other players.

If you want to prove your point do a comparison between him and Maguire and post it here. Things like aerials/tackles/interceptions/passes etc etc. Then we can look at the cold hard facts.

People who say Maguire is better than Holding aren't saying it because it's it's cool thing to do. It's because it's true.

City were after him. But he cost too much. United signed him. Yet Holding has never had any interest apart from a half assed enquire from Newcastle.

Just because someone says someone is better than one of our players it isn't putting ours down. It's simply stating the obvious.

Mo Salah is better than Saka.
Bruno is better than ESR.
Shaw this season is better than Tierney.

Our 3 best players and players we all appreciate are worse than those 3 above players. Doesn't make them bad players or that we don't like them.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You're saying that people who don't rate Holding can't back themselves of with anything substantial however you are doing exactly the same.

I think Holding is a solid player. He's been good for us this year. But that doesn't mean I think he's better than other players.

If you want to prove your point do a comparison between him and Maguire and post it here. Things like aerials/tackles/interceptions/passes etc etc. Then we can look at the cold hard facts.

People who say Maguire is better than Holding aren't saying it because it's it's cool thing to do. It's because it's true.

City were after him. But he cost too much. United signed him. Yet Holding has never had any interest apart from a half assed enquire from Newcastle.

Just because someone says someone is better than one of our players it isn't putting ours down. It's simply stating the obvious.

Mo Salah is better than Saka.
Bruno is better than ESR.
Shaw this season is better than Tierney.

Our 3 best players and players we all appreciate are worse than those 3 above players. Doesn't make them bad players or that we don't like them.
This is the problem with some modern football fans. They don’t actually understand football just look to stats to prove them right. Stats for CBs isn’t going to show who’s better there’s too many intangibles and stats with no context don’t mean anything. It’s ok to think for yourself.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This is the problem with some modern football fans. They don’t actually understand football just look to stats to prove them right. Stats for CBs isn’t going to show who’s better there’s too many intangibles and stats with no context don’t mean anything. It’s ok to think for yourself.
So statistics that compare and contrast the abilities and performances of players are inaccurate but your opinion behind your desk working 9 to 5 is more accurate. You know more than Southgate. Know more than Pep. More than Klopp. You know more than everyone.

If you cannot back your opinion with something more substantial than oh we conceded less goals then I suggest it's you who needs to stop thinking for yourself and maybe pay attention to the professionals.

Holding is not better than Maguire and nothing you say is going to convince me otherwise. Not that you're acrually trying to convince me as you have nothing to work on.

BobP

Memri Fan
Disgusting from Southgate.

Won't select our boy Rob because he's the unglamorous lad from blue-collar Bolton.

Shame.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Disgusting from Southgate.

Won't select our boy Rob because he's the unglamorous lad from blue-collar Bolton.

Shame.
Yeah cause Tyrone Mings and Conor Coady are glamorous. This forum has lost its mind. I blame Arteta for driving everyone crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom