• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I'd take Holding over Ben White or Maguire everyday of the week because I make my own football opinions and don't let Sky Sports tell me who is good.

🤣🤣

You'd be better off letting Sky Sports tell you who is good, mate.

Holding is bang average. Low composure on the ball, not a good passer, a decent defender.

If you were a Madridista you'd be with Tomas Roncero shouting at Luis Enrique for being anti-Madridista because he didn't pick Nacho. 😂

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
This is the problem with some modern football fans. They don’t actually understand football just look to stats to prove them right. Stats for CBs isn’t going to show who’s better there’s too many intangibles and stats with no context don’t mean anything. It’s ok to think for yourself.

Agreed. It's like the fans who judge defenders by whoscored stats - a site that Mustafi I the PL team of the season twice.

Imagine whoscoredrating Maldini in his play? Maldini didn't have make many challenges due to great positional awareness.

But Holding didn't cost 50m or is 95 overall rating on Fifa so the kids don't rate him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Agreed. It's like the fans who judge defenders by whoscored stats - a site that Mustafi I the PL team of the season twice.

Imagine whoscoredrating Maldini in his play? Maldini didn't have make many challenges due to great positional awareness.

But Holding didn't cost 50m or is 95 overall rating on Fifa so the kids don't rate him.
The kids lol.

You know when someone is wrong when they have to result to patronising insults to try and prove their point.

Southgate things Maguire is better. Pep wanted to buy Maguire. Leicester who do incredible business signed Maguire. The team that finished 2nd in the league bought Maguire. The team that said team plays against Villareal.....their manager wanted Maguire when he managed us.

But hey what do we know. You and big Poppa think Holding is better so obviously you are right and the rest of world football is wrong.

Edu.....any chance giving these 2 "veterans" a job in the scouting department. Who needs 55 scouts and statDNA when you have these 2 experts.

Mitch

The kids lol.

You know when someone is wrong when they have to result to patronising insults to try and prove their point.

Southgate things Maguire is better. Pep wanted to buy Maguire. Leicester who do incredible business signed Maguire. The team that finished 2nd in the league bought Maguire. The team that said team plays against Villareal.....their manager wanted Maguire when he managed us.

But hey what do we know. You and big Poppa thing Holding is better so obviously you are right and the rest of world football is wrong.

Edu.....any chance given these 2 "veterans" a job in the scouting department. Who needs 55 scouts and statDNA when you have these 2 experts.

Name the good performances you have seen from Maguire this season? Who was getting slated by Utd fans at the beginning of the season for his mistakes and wanted him dropped he was that bad.

Yet Holding who has produced Good performance after good performance for us (our most consistent player). Had many great performances this season such as Pool in the cup, Chelsea (in both matches as always against chelsea) Brighton, Utd(in both matches), Palace, Leeds, Newcastle, Southampton (best player on the pitch), WBA (in both matches) and Villa (and these are just the matches I remeber of the top off my head.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
The way we play now, low block defense n that, plays to Holdings strength. If Arteta intends to continue this way he is more than fine as a starter/rotational.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Name the good performances you have seen from Maguire this season? Who was getting slated by Utd fans at the beginning of the season for his mistakes and wanted him dropped he was that bad.

Yet Holding who has produced Good performance after good performance for us (our most consistent player). Had many great performances this season such as Pool in the cup, Chelsea (in both matches as always against chelsea) Brighton, Utd(in both matches), Palace, Leeds, Newcastle, Southampton (best player on the pitch), WBA (in both matches) and Villa (and these are just the matches I remeber of the top off my head.
So Pep, Southgate, Emery, Ole are all wrong and you are right.

Fair enough

Soucek must be miles better than Partey then based on performances. Maybe we should sign him.

Mitch

Fair enough

Soucek must be miles better than Partey then based on performances. Maybe we should sign him.

Maguire performance since utd have shown his level.

Never disagreed with an international manager over not choosing player? E.g Le Tissier being over looked or Hoddle leaving out Parlour when in best career form. Deschamps picking Giroud over Lacca. England managers rating David Batty, Dyer, Dier etc.

I'd glady take Soucek over partey. Give me the player performing well over a season than the player with the overrated rep who isn't playing anywhere near as well.

That's my point performances over reputation when it comes to players.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Maguire performance since utd have shown his level.

Never disagreed with an international manager over not choosing player? E.g Le Tissier being over looked or Hoddle leaving out Parlour when in best career form. Deschamps picking Giroud over Lacca. England managers rating David Batty, Dyer, Dier etc.

I'd glady take Soucek over partey. Give me the player performing well over a season than the player with the overrated rep who isn't playing anywhere near as well.
Maybe we should be looking at Lingard then instead of Ødegaard.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No Odeegaard unlike Partey is performing well e.g deservedly got player of the month for us.
Lingard was better than Ødegaard and won player of the month. So he performed better. So based on performing better you would have to take Lingaard over Ødegaard if your theory is right.

At least be consistent.

Mitch

Lingard was better than Ødegaard and won player of the month. So he performed better. So based on performing better you would have to take Lingaard over Ødegaard if your theory is right.

At least be consistent.

Fair enough

So Wenger is wrong after had his first brilliant spell and gave his spastic dig " I'm sorry he didn't cost 50m so can't be good". That Adams and Campbell who have praised Holdini's very good form stating they both think he will become Arsenal captain and has all the qualities needed for the role?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
So Wenger is wrong after had his first brilliant spell and gave his spastic dig " I'm sorry he didn't cost 50m so can't be good". That Adams and Campbell who have praised Holdini's very good form stating they both think he will become Arsenal captain and has all the qualities needed for the role?
Nobody is saying he is a bad player. You keep using this point to prove you are right.

What I am saying is he isn't a title winning defender nor is he better than Harry Maguire.

If I say Salah is better than Saka it does not mean that I don't rate Saka. What part of that doesn't register with you? Are you that simple?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nobody is saying he is a bad player. You keep using this point to prove you are right.

What I am saying is he isn't a title winning defender nor is he better than Harry Maguire.

If I say Salah is better than Saka it does not mean that I don't rate Saka. What part of that doesn't register with you? Are you that simple?
Don't bother with Mitch and certain players! 🤣

Mitch

Several people have referred Holding as average, a couple even called him carp despite his performances this season which is mind boggling.

Yet some choose the extremely error prone Maguire that has flopped at Utd over Holding despite the difference of level of performances between the two this season.

Goldbridge tearing into Mcguire for his poor performances.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Several people have referred Holding as average, a couple even called him carp despite his performances this season which is mind boggling.

Yet some choose the extremely error prone Maguire that has flopped at Utd over Holding despite the difference of level of performances between the two this season.

You are crazy. Holding is nowhere near as good as Maguire. One cost 80 million and gets constantly compared Van Dijk and Ruben Dias hence United fans are on his case. He is comfortably their best cb and they have better defence than us

Holding whole thing is he cost 2 million and for that price he done well. He is an average player. There is a reason he never gets near the England team. Not even mentioned as no one outside few of our fans rate him. For me he is a CB who don’t take much risk and won’t do anything really well. He is just there backing off until he can’t anymore

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

So Gareth Southgate is wrong.

Ole is wrong.

Pep is wrong.

Leciester City as a club are wrong.

Every single person who rates Maguire (I'm not saying he's a world beater but he has improved United to the point United fans are worried he isn't playing tonight) is wrong.

You off course know better than the scouts at Leciester and United. Maguire was bought for 80m (over inflated yes....40m probably would have been about right) yet if Holding was sold tomorrow he would fetch about 15m.

Don't even know why I'm biting you are obviously a troll. Good luck!!

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

Dont quote from goldbridge pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom