• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
he look like Cannavaro

download-17.png

mpower2540

England only have one CB who has won a major trophy, playing in this tournament...that's mental.

Go back to when I first got into football, you had the likes of Adams, Ferdinand, Terry, Campbell, Carragher etc...all of whom had won a ton, now look at them...White, Mings, Godfrey, Coady...England have such a loser collection of CBs.

Even if Holding isn't starting, having him in the squad at least gives you valuable winning experience in the dressing room, can calm the players down as he has been there and done it...what does Conor freaking Coady bring, funny Jamie Carragher impressions ffs!
The fact that we had winning experience didn’t seem to help us all that much in tournaments unfortunately :lol:. Think it’s pretty overrated trait anyway. Might actually increase the hunger to win

The thought of them all flocking to Rob Holding for advice about how to win cracks me up 🤣

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The thought of them all flocking to Rob Holding for advice about how to win cracks me up 🤣

"Rob, you were part of the only team to beat Conte's Chelsea in the FA Cup...and now you have even beaten baldness...please sir, what's your secret!?"

mpower2540

"Rob, you were part of the only team to beat Conte's Chelsea in the FA Cup...and now you have even beaten baldness...please sir, what's your secret!?"
“Rob the Scots have us penned in our own half ****ing say something!! You’re the winner here!”

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Holding just had a breakout season, is only 25y old and will only get better. I think we should be happy with his progression and considering we gave him a new contract Arteta seems to think so too.

He's been here for 5 years now and is one of the old guards, especially considering the Summer exodus we're planing. I don't consider him a top top player but you need the likes of Holding in your squad if you want to succeed in this league.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
I like Holding: decent, know the club, has the experience. But to be fair: not enough to be a regular in an Arsenal team fighting for a CL spot, let alone captain (which he has been a couple of times). As a squad player and back-up CB I don't mind him.

Big Nate

Some of the posts here are disgraceful. Every player should be supported while they are an Arsenal player, regardless of how good we think they are, unless they disrespect the club.

It is possible to support a player so that they can play at their best and also want an upgrade on that same player at the same time. Supporting a player is very simple, all it means is that we don't continually insult them and we try to lift them back up if they don't play well. Its a very basic.

Its a big issue with our fan base and needs to change. If we will only support a player we think is good and insult a player that we think isn't good enough what does that say about the fanbase, it isn't conductive towards a good fan atmosphere. The better the support the better the players will play, it has a real effect. Again this doesn't take away from the accountability of each player but there is a massive difference between constructive criticism and insults.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Our acceptance of mediocrity is sickening. Balding wouldn't look good at Palace or WBA. Should not be starting here.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Some of the posts here are disgraceful. Every player should be supported while they are an Arsenal player, regardless of how good we think they are, unless they disrespect the club.

It is possible to support a player so that they can play at their best and also want an upgrade on that same player at the same time. Supporting a player is very simple, all it means is that we don't continually insult them and we try to lift them back up if they don't play well. Its a very basic.

Its a big issue with our fan base and needs to change. If we will only support a player we think is good and insult a player that we think isn't good enough what does that say about the fanbase, it isn't conductive towards a good fan atmosphere. The better the support the better the players will play, it has a real effect. Again this doesn't take away from the accountability of each player but there is a massive difference between constructive criticism and insults.
This forum never supports our players, constantly tearing them down and calling them names at every opportunity. We should support our players regardless of what you think of them.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Agree with the sentiment but it depends on the context. This is a private football forum, criticising players here has nothing to do with supporting them or not, it's just giving an opinion. If you're on twitter and @ing a player with insults, or standing in the stadium and shouting abuse at them, that's another thing entirely, that's being a bad fan. AM is basically just a pub but sh*tter cos there's no booze or pool table. Fans back in the old days went to the ground, cheered on the players then went to the pub and slagged them off. It's nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom