• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Make Enquiries For Luis Campos

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
A good point was made on the Arsenal Vision podcast by Paul. Sacking Edu now and replacing him with Campos this summer would be completely pointless. It wouldn't be smart. Edu should already have planned sales and acquisitions and know where the money is going for contracts, buys and sales. It should already be planned. What could Campos do now? He wouldn't even be in a position to make signings.

However, bringing him in slowly, via a consultant route, basically prevents him from taking another job. It also gives Edu the summer. It allows us to have his expertise and if Edu doesn't do well, we would have Campos already understanding how the club works and it would be a lot easier to transition and move Edu on while giving Campos enough time to execute a plan for the following summer.

If that's how we are going about it, it is incredibly smart. People may say but Ragnick was available, why didn't we do the same thing? I don't think Ragnick would have allowed it. I really hope we get Campos in some form. It shows recognition of weaknesses in the organisation.

Again, I have to completely disagree;

"Edu should already have planned sales and acquisitions",

1- Players to be sold are identified by Arteta and Campos would be in a much better position to sell them. He has far more connections with clubs than Edu, with far more clubs seeking his good favour. He's also far more aware of other club's needs than Edu, and more likely to exploit them.

2- Acquisitions: you mean like Edu identified Aouar and still failed to get him only to make a final day punt fpr Partey? Again Campos would be in a much better position to make the right acquisitions for us than Edu would. Without the advice of scouting team Edu is depending on agents, and we have seen what that type of dealing brought us.

Campos can come in and within a week be made fully aware of current contracts, financial liquidity and player needs. He's a man who is fully briefed on the player market everywhere, and who has been working in recruitment none stop for the past decade. He doesn't need a summer to acclimate to get us who we need.

What the club are doing is not rocking the boat too hard. If the Club has indeed contacted Campos, then it's for advice on player purchases. We don't have a scouting dept, and they would want his consultancy for this summer's recruitment, and possibly recruitment of a scouting dept (advice on the headhunted applicants they ordered). I think Edu is finished here, it's just a matter of time. They want to find a replacement that can play well with the Kroenke system, and it won't be Campos.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You didn't want to imagine Conte at Arsenal:
Those were in the Wenger days, not dumb and dumber in charge. I’d have Owen Coyle now. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That post isn't bragging about Stan spending money though, which is what you said I said... so wtf are you on about?

You've basically tried to go back through my posts and find something that correlates with the bs that came out of your mouth. Couldn't find it so screenshot the closest thing you could find.

Absolutely pathetic.
:lol: = I remembered what what you said.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Get Ragnick or Campos here and we're back to being a serious club again.
Arsenal:
OYY4VcP.gif

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You make me feel sick to be honest. You dream of top 4? The absolute mediocrity. Conte and Fergie probably win the title with some of Arsenes squads you know.
Mate, 8th is mediocrity not top 4. Take a breath and think about it for just one minute. And you‘re back to making things up to criticise Arsène. SMH. Spinning in circles to defend the indefensible is probably what’s making you feel sick.:lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mate, 8th is mediocrity not top 4. Take a breath and think about it for just one minute. And you‘re back to making things up to criticise Arsène. SMH. Spinning in circles to defend the indefensible is probably what’s making you feel sick.:lol:

8th over two seasons vs 4th for 12 years... Hmm. Bit of a difference there buddy.

Nobody is saying 8th is good, but there's a massive difference because we're rebuilding. Idk what part of that you don't get? All you can ever come back with is WELL WE'RE 8TH NOW!!

Like wow good argument bro. Same goes for @Oxeki but he's just not that knowledgeable and say nothing of note football wise.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom