• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

James Maddison

em9999

My rainbows
Why does this forum bug up Leicester like you want Arsenal to be em .. they are a small club from the ****ty Midlands ... Behave yourselfs.. they will never be on our level

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Would be easier to just find out who Leicester have lined up to replace Maddison and sign him instead. It would probably save us £40-50m :lol:

Leicester are such a well run club, unlike a certain club we could all name.

I mean, Olise is an obvious choice here. Would be great if we got him regardless. Wasn't he quoted for something like 8 million? Even if he doesn't play for us we could make a profit on him :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lol. Just because Leicester make good signings doesn't mean they don't make bad signings. Every club makes poor signings, Leicester simply get lauded because its Leicester and they don't spend 70M on single players. They've wasted a fair bit of money on the likes of Perez, Under and Praet.

If you really want to envy a clubs business it's City or Liverpool. Rarely ever make dud signings these days.

El Duderino

Why does this forum bug up Leicester like you want Arsenal to be em .. they are a small club from the ****ty Midlands ... Behave yourselfs.. they will never be on our level

What's wrong with wanting our club to be well run, have an owner that cares about it, to be proactive on the market and genuinely strives to succeed even if they end up short, me old china?

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
Lol. Just because Leicester make good signings doesn't mean they don't make bad signings. Every club makes poor signings, Leicester simply get lauded because its Leicester and they don't spend 70M on single players. They've wasted a fair bit of money on the likes of Perez, Under and Praet.

If you really want to envy a clubs business it's City or Liverpool. Rarely ever make dud signings these days.

How much money did they waste on Under?

El Duderino

They get it right more often than not and shift their duds out quickly instead of letting them lose value on pointless loans until they have all but the option of paying players to leave.

Don't act like you wouldn't be high as a kite if the transfer window had hardly opened and we managed to sign Daka and Soumaré.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I mean, Olise is an obvious choice here. Would be great if we got him regardless. Wasn't he quoted for something like 8 million? Even if he doesn't play for us we could make a profit on him :lol:

What you've laid out makes too much sense for Arsenal to do it :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
They get it right more often than not and shift their duds out quickly instead of letting them lose value on pointless loans until they have all but the option of paying players to leave.

Don't act like you wouldn't be high as a kite if the transfer window had hardly opened and we managed to sign Daka and Soumaré.

For the fees involved of course. But I'd still be expecting us to be going big on a ready made signing or two. Leicester do things well for sure.

Indeed. So it would be nice to know what HairSprayGooners talked about. The loan fee? Nah, that was probably small money if anything.

Apologies I assumed the deal was still an obligation to buy at 17M...

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Not feeling Maddison, at £60m we need to buy a player with world class potential not someone who is operating close to his peak and that peak is a good PL player, but nothing special.

He's below: Ramesy, Wilshere, Cesc, Santi, Özil.

You don't win titles with Maddison at the heart of your team. But you might finish 5th like Leicester.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not feeling Maddison, at £60m we need to buy a player with world class potential not someone who is operating close to his peak and that peak is a good PL player, but nothing special.

He's below: Ramesy, Wilshere, Cesc, Santi, Özil.

You don't win titles with Maddison at the heart of your team. But you might finish 5th like Leicester.

If Leicester had better players with Maddison in there they wouldn't have a shot at the title?

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Chelsea signed Havertz for £62m. World class potential, scores the winning in the CL starter for Germany.

The lad will be one of the best players in the league in next 2 years.

He'll be at Madrid or barca for £100m in 3 years.

£60m is an investment....Maddison would be a poor one for that price.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom