• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah, but the crux of my stance was ESR contract = No Maddison and Ornstein backs that up.

Hmm. Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If ESR ever gets injured you're instantly screwed. During the winter period we would be screwed. When AFCON rolls around we would be royally screwed as well.

We need to replace Xhaka that's a given. But we are going to need another forward. Can't go past this window with Martinelli, Pepe, Saka and ESR as the only options for the 3 spots behind the striker.

We still lack creativity and goals in midfield.

Kysus

Really hope the club surprises us with our signings.
Should try to raid Leipzig, both Olmo and Nkunku would be amazing in a fluid front line for example.

433 CM with Partey, New DLP, ESR, Nkunku, Elneny.

Frontline Olmo as false 9 flanked by Saka and Pepe(Auba/Martinelli/Balogun backup)

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Players on their last year:
Lacazette
El Neny
Kolasniac
Chambers
Nketiah

Players on their last 2 years:
Willian
Auba
Leno
Xhaka
Torreira
AMN
Willock
Nelson

Is it impossible to sell these guys? We should surely be able to recoup some money for a majority of them even in this Covid market.

Literally forgot that we still have Torreira 🤢:facepalm:

These dead players always seem to linger around ffs

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Lacazette
El Neny
Kolasniac
Chambers
Nketiah

Willian
Auba
Leno
Xhaka
Torreira
AMN
Willock
Nelson

Is it impossible to sell these guys? We should surely be able to recoup some money for a majority of them even in this Covid market.

Chambers has a +1 option we can activate, btw.

Xorspy

Screenshot_20210723-112431.png
He has been on Arteta's radar for a while now, hence one of the main reasons he arranged a friendly with rangers to have a closer look.

Glen is a very underrated player who is a much cheaper alternative to bissouma, both are of similar age. While Yves can be a bit rash most times, Glen is much more composed, brilliant passer and would work a dream alongside Partey. He has arsenal DNA in his playing style and most important, will not bugger off when Afcon comes round like Yves, as he is a Finnish international.

idan

Lacazette
El Neny
Kolasniac
Chambers
Nketiah

Willian
Auba
Leno
Xhaka
Torreira
AMN
Willock
Nelson

in my opinion:

not salable:
Laca
Willian
Auba
Kola

Aging players, poor form, high salaries.
why would someone want them?
maybe if we terminate their contract.

salable for marginal amount:
Chambers(short contract)
Elneny
Torreira (10m , no market)

20m or so players:
Leno (want him to stay)
Xhaka
Nketiah (15m?)
AMN (15-18)
Willock(~20m)
Nelson(15m?)

combine it with rumors of Ramsdale and Henderson makes me feel very pesemistic.
i just cant figure out the bigger picture here, what is the plan?
What are the goals? Europe? top4? cup? Ligue title?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He certainly isn't a bad player, he just didn't fit here sadly. Not good for the prem.
He doesn't fit in anywhere cos he's awful, Simeone only put him on at the end of matches. He doesn't excel in anything all he does is chase the ball and fail to win it back, also he has a very weak mentality and bad attitude. He needs to go back to a midtable Serie A team that's his level at best.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
in my opinion:

not salable:
Laca
Willian
Auba
Kola

Aging players, poor form, high salaries.
why would someone want them?
maybe if we terminate their contract.

salable for marginal amount:
Chambers(short contract)
Elneny
Torreira (10m , no market)

20m or so players:
Leno (want him to stay)
Xhaka
Nketiah (15m?)
AMN (15-18)
Willock(~20m)
Nelson(15m?)

combine it with rumors of Ramsdale and Henderson makes me feel very pesemistic.
i just cant figure out the bigger picture here, what is the plan?
What are the goals? Europe? top4? cup? Ligue title?
I think Leno is pretty much done here, everything points to him not signing a contract if offered. Never know what happens though.

No one is gonna pay 20m for Nketiah, AMN, Willock or Nelson. Our goal is to make it back into Europe it looks like.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

The whole point in spending a large sum this summer is to get back into top 4.
Get the sentiment in this. I just don't see it regardless of how much we spend, if we account for what players might come here. I'm excluding Grealish there, but if he'd come then him + a class dm/cm might be enough for top 4. Otherwise I don't see it and while I think the ambition should always be CL qualification I'd excuse any manager that finishes top 6 as long as we see progress in terms of chance creation, ability to dominate games, etc.

Jack_The_Lad

View attachment 3762
He has been on Arteta's radar for a while now, hence one of the main reasons he arranged a friendly with rangers to have a closer look.

Glen is a very underrated player who is a much cheaper alternative to bissouma, both are of similar age. While Yves can be a bit rash most times, Glen is much more composed, brilliant passer and would work a dream alongside Partey. He has arsenal DNA in his playing style and most important, will not bugger off when Afcon comes round like Yves, as he is a Finnish international.
Was in our u18/u23 as well.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Get the sentiment in this. I just don't see it regardless of how much we spend, if we account for what players might come here. I'm excluding Grealish there, but if he'd come then him + a class dm/cm might be enough for top 4. Otherwise I don't see it and while I think the ambition should always be CL qualification I'd excuse any manager that finishes top 6 as long as we see progress in terms of chance creation, ability to dominate games, etc.

I dont think top 6 is enough this season. To prevent us slipping further we desperately need CL football back. I won't be happy with 5th or 6th that's for sure.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I dont think top 6 is enough this season. To prevent us slipping further we desperately need CL football back. I won't be happy with 5th or 6th that's for sure.
Yeah I get where you're coming from. I personally think it's setting oneself up for disappointment.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah I get where you're coming from. I personally think it's setting oneself up for disappointment.

I think our squad after this spending spree will be good enough to challenge.

If we properly challenge for top 4 and narrowly miss out then fair enough. I never really get disappointed by Arsenal unless it's a final loss or something.

But yeah this season I'm expecting at least a solid challenge for top 4.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The whole point in spending a large sum this summer is to get back into top 4.
We have to spend much more even if we have to maintain last seasons level. We have lost Luiz(replaced by white), Ødegaard and now losing Xhaka. If we don't sign an AM and CM as well, we're below where we were last season.
We have solved nothing, this is still a top 8 team, never mind top 4.

dave_rwr

Established Member
I appreciate the optimism, but I think you're in for a disappointing season, mate.

Something significant needs to change to fully lift this squad and get us back on that track within one season and the calibre of players we're currently looking to sign unfortuantely aren't the ones to do that.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I think our squad after this spending spree will be good enough to challenge.

If we properly challenge for top 4 and narrowly miss out then fair enough. I never really get disappointed by Arsenal unless it's a final loss or something.

But yeah this season I'm expecting at least a solid challenge for top 4.

Didn't you say the same thing last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom