• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Blame Lacazette all you like, but this window falls on Edu and Arteta, not a player with 11 months left on his contract.

For a 70m target, Laca would have been paid to leave if they really wanted him.

I don’t even see how Laca is preventing any cf signings anyway. If they really wanted a new cf they’ll get one and have Laca as 2nd choice.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yep. No rumours or talks for weeks, just straight in and get a deal done. I love Edu the player but this is what having a competent/experienced person in charge of this stuff gets you.

I never believed the warchest stories, but I feel like Arteta and Edu were much too vocal about how big our summer was going to be. Then Arsenal go out and sign a 50m CB and have been chasing Aaron ****ing Ramsdale.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Blame Lacazette all you like, but this window falls on Edu and Arteta, not a player with 11 months left on his contract.

Not sure why people blame players in that sort of circumstance.

If we were in the same position for our current jobs, would we leave? No chance that I would consider and take a hit on my salary unless I was getting fully paid off.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only interesting bit of the article is that the add-ons will take the deal to £76.8m.

So thats every other member of the "top 6" smashing their transfer record or coming close to it (Sancho to United) and we're sat here after consecutive 8th place finishes (failing to score more than 60 goals in each campaign) with Ben White and two back ups. There should be mass protests at the first home game ffs.

Goonger

Can't lie, it's massively disappointing watching the new generation of up & coming strikers go everywhere while we are stuck with Laca on big wages & a massively out of form Auba on giant wages.

Feckin Tammy Abraham will likely be out of our reach as well at this rate!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Can't lie, it's massively disappointing watching the new generation of up & coming strikers go everywhere while we are stuck with Laca on big wages & a massively out of form Auba on giant wages.

Feckin Tammy Abraham will likely be out of our reach as well at this rate!

If we sign Tammy Abraham now I won't be watching this season. Genuinely might be it.

El Duderino

1000000000% this and some are convinently ignoring this. If Lautaro gets you top 4 (I'm not saying he does), you end up in a net positive even if you release Lacazette.

If a player moves the needle, you make room for them. We've tanked our own players values for less.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Falling further down day by day. I was telling my mate yesterday who supports United that I could honestly see Villa/Leeds/Everton finishing above us.

Villa and Leeds yeah fine, but f*cking Everton? Pull yourself together man.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If the narrative is we have money and need squad spaces, then we can probably loan Lacazette to Lyon or someone like that and break even cost wise, while also upgrading on him.

It's obvious by now that we don't care about tanking player's values, given Kola, Torreira, AMN, et al., so this "having to have squad spaces" is mostly excuses.

Again, if the narrative is money is not an issue, why not compromise on Xhaka and upgrade on him? Same goes for Lacazette, Hector, etc.

If we want to catch up to the 7 teams above us, we need to act like a big club in regards to players coming in.
But if we sell cheap we'll moan too apart from Xhaka and willock i don't even know the other guys has offers we look interested in striker it's so obvious we'll buy one but also we need to be sure laca out of door or we'll be in deep trouble we'll loan him out and lose him for free

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I don’t even see how Laca is preventing any cf signings anyway. If they really wanted a new cf they’ll get one and have Laca as 2nd choice.
People are just frustrated with Lacazette in particular and want to blame him for holding back the club.

We happily paid Özil salary for the entire season, it’s not a problem to do the same for Lacazette if there were absolutely no takers.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Lautaro or not, we don’t have a chance of finishing in the top 4, so I’m not fussed.

Not lowering my expectations due to our incompetent owner and manager. Top 4 is the minimum and it’s clear we can’t compete with City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd.

El Duderino

But if we sell cheap we'll moan too apart from Xhaka and willock i don't even know the other guys has offers we look interested in striker it's so obvious we'll buy one but also we need to be sure laca out of door or we'll be in deep trouble we'll loan him out and lose him for free

Fans moaning on an Arsenal forum doesn't matter though, innit? If it gets you an upgrade and the team performs it's all fine.

You bring top quality in and worry about it later, we're not talking about a Tavares or Lokonga who are being brought in to up the level of the bench options we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom