• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I would be happy to see him in arsenal colors again. Some on here were judging him on half a season when he was playing in a new league for the first time with a struggling inconsistent side with a rubbish manager at the helm.

I thought he made some intelligent passes and in general thought we played better with him.

Though we should be going after another midfielder as well.
He's future proof too, I doubt the next manager after Arteta see him in the squad and be pissed.

blrgooner

Established Member
i'd 100% go for Ødegaard for 35M than spending 60m+ on Maddison who completed one 90 minutes in last 15 games and his Hip problems not getting better.
Yes. I am a big fan of Maddison but I don`t think he is twice the player Ode is. I do think that we should go for someone like Auoar also though.

Why

Always Me ?
I sense Ode is going to be a loan and no buy clause again from all the chatter online. Which would be ****ing awful.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes. I am a big fan of Maddison but I don`t think he is twice the player Ode is. I do think that we should go for someone like Auoar also though.
guys like Maddison suit us perfectly because he direct and score goals plus he add bit creativity but last thing we need to over spend on guy who may end up having hip surgery and i'm sure he will this season he taken off last game because of it and his performance wasn't good too. adding guy like aouar on loan plus obligation is also smart specially Xhaka stay put so we can't upgrade him but we can add someone who can take starting spot from him.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I sense Ode is going to be a loan and no buy clause again from all the chatter online. Which would be ****ing awful.
there talks about loan plus 35M obligation but these are weak rumors Real Madrid want to sell they don't want to loan him.

Why

Always Me ?
guys like Maddison suit us perfectly because he direct and score goals plus he add bit creativity but last thing we need to over spend on guy who may end up having hip surgery and i'm sure he will this season he taken off last game because of it and his performance wasn't good too. adding guy like aouar on loan plus obligation is also smart specially Xhaka stay put so we can't upgrade him but we can add someone who can take starting spot from him.

Xhaka was captain last game. If anyone thinks he isn't the first name on the teamsheet then you have some blinkers on. We won't be getting any CMs now that contract extension has happened.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Xhaka was captain last game. If anyone thinks he isn't the first name on the teamsheet then you have some blinkers on. We won't be getting any CMs now that contract extension has happened.
he is but we can add someone who put competition if his backup still Elneny no matter how s**ty his performance is he'll still starting when you add Aouar to midfield Xhaka will need to rethink everytime he on pitch.

Why

Always Me ?
he is but we can add someone who put competition if his backup still Elneny no matter how s**ty his performance is he'll still starting when you add Aouar to midfield Xhaka will need to rethink everytime he on pitch.

I completely agree with your logic. But Arteta has shown Xhaka can do what he wants and still come back into the team and be captain. He won't buy a CM as it's someone who won't play.

I would love to see Xhaka dropped but from Friday we can see Arteta see's Xhaka as his number one guy. Xhaka messes up every game, still first name on team sheet.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Maddison still No.1 target according to The Bell. This MF’ing club! Ødegaard is right there, a better, younger player, for less money, and they are still holding out hope to sign a player who couldn’t last 90 minutes before having a reoccurring injury?

I blame the fan base for this one. They are still pushing for Maddison for some unknown reason.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Maddison still No.1 target according to The Bell. This MF’ing club! Ødegaard is right there, a better, younger player, for less money, and they are still holding out hope to sign a player who couldn’t last 90 minutes before having a reoccurring injury?

I blame the fan base for this one. They are still pushing for Maddison for some unknown reason.

Ødegaard isn't better than Maddison at all. There's actually nothing that tells us Ødegaard is better. In terms of cost effectiveness then Ødegaard is the better option, but Maddison is a game changer.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Ødegaard isn't better than Maddison at all. There's actually nothing that tells us Ødegaard is better. In terms of cost effectiveness then Ødegaard is the better option, but Maddison is a game changer.
There is something that tells us that, they are called eyes.

How can you sit there and call Maddison a gamechanger when he’s not even a gamechanger for Leicester!? He’s not even close to being a crucial player for them. The audacity of you.

Frustratedgunner

How can you sit there and call Maddison a gamechanger when he’s not even a gamechanger for Leicester!? He’s not even close to being a crucial player for them. The audacity of you.
The best version of Maddison versus the best version of Ødegaard I'd probably say Maddison is better and offers more threat going forward.

That said the best version of Maddison may not be seen frequent enough to pay 70m for.

Ødegaard for 35m is much better in the hope that he can build on his first 6 months in England and at 22 surely has more room for potential.

Ødegaard and say Max Aarons (who I thought had a solid game v Lpool despite losing 3 0) would be much better spent that just Maddison.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

He isn't a crucial player for Leicester yet he starts every game in the number 10, a crucial position at Leicester? James Maddison scores more, assists more and creates more in the premier league. He is currently the better player, Ødegaard may one day be better. But right now he is not, even with using eyes, most sane people can actually see Maddison is a better player.

Maddison scores big goals in big games, you're allowed an opinion, but when an opinion becomes an agenda it isn't pretty viewing.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Maybe he means that Maddison is not like Özil that he only plays Fortnite when injured, but he changes between many games.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We are not in for Maddison AND Ødegaard - common sense tells us that. We probably are in for one of them though as the futile Buendia bid suggests we are in for an attacking mid. We'll go for the cheaper and less decisive one.

Ødegaard will help with possession and is a good player. Not sure why this deal is taking so long to get done. He should be in London now.

Frustratedgunner

I am of exactly the opposite belief. A new manager will not want a player like Odergaard.
A new manager may not necessarily think highly of him as one of the first names on the team sheet but he's a solid player who has potential and can play a couple of positions. The worst case is a new manager uses him as a decent squad player. Not a bad asset to have of the bench.

He has been given the captains armband for his country too. While I have no idea about his character and leadership its clear he has something about himself. Even if it is just his level of professionalism or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom