• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Martin Ødegaard

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I know you think Ødegaard is far, far above Maddison as a natural playmaker. But Maddison has been up there with KDB in chances created over the past 3 seasons.
Chances created is such a misleading category. Look at big chances created. Last season for example, De Bruyne played 2000 minutes, Maddison 2100.

Big Chances created
KDB - 19
Maddison - 6

Assists
KDB - 12
Maddison - 5

I mean if we look at chances created then Ward Prowse had 60 to Maddison’s 51. Set pieces skew the chances created stat.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Love how you cherry pick the one stat that paints him in a good light while ignoring all the other which have him as fairly mediocre especially last season.

Eh? I posted a stat that said he's only second to KDB in chances created over the past 3 seasons. I was told that it was misleading as he takes corners etc.

So I posted a stat saying he's above KDB in open play created chances, and now I'm cherry picking? What exactly am I cherry picking? i haven't seen any stats that paint him in a bad light either. He scores, he assists, he creates.

Legend14

Established Member
None of the players we will sign this summer will have many if any caps for their countries due to their age/development. What we want is those players performing for Arsenal and getting into their national sides due to that.

Our issue right now is the final third, and Maddison is a final third player. Our midfield lacks goals, Maddison adds that, he also creates chances.

What you're saying is you think Ødegaard would be better for Arsenal due to him being able to create more and play incisive passes, which is fair enough, I just don't think he moves the needle. Madders can also play incisive passes but like I said, he's a match winner.
Maddison is the bigger goal scoring threat, agreed. If we were to choose, given that our forwards can’t score, he would have the biggest immediate impact.

Ødegaard is an excellent control player who ignores pressure and keeps the ball moving. He would be more effective with a pair of goal scoring forwards in front of him, but he will still have a positive impact because of his football intelligence and leadership.

Either player is a good signing, but we still need more.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Chances created is such a misleading category. Look at big chances created. Last season for example, De Bruyne played 2000 minutes, Maddison 2100.

Big Chances created
KDB - 19
Maddison - 6

Assists
KDB - 12
Maddison - 5

I mean if we look at chances created then Ward Prowse had 60 to Maddison’s 51. Set pieces skew the chances created stat.

Hence why I posted chances created from open play.

TornadoTed

Established Member
The thing is, these big games suit Leicester and their style of play. The thing with Maddison is, you’d want him being the player to receive the final pass for a shot, we need someone who can create openings, this is what we missed vs Brentford, it wasn’t a finisher.

Are we just going to ignore the fact he’s 24 years old and has 1 England cap?
I'm not sure international caps is a good Barometer, Xhaka has 98 caps for Switzerland, a solid top 16 nation and everyone hates him 🤣

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Also, mins per xA last season, Ødegaard - 451, Maddison - 618.

Ødegaard playing for the worst Arsenal tame in memory. Maddison playing for a Leicester side who were title challengers for a large part of the season.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Also, mins per xA last season, Ødegaard - 451, Maddison - 618.

Ødegaard playing for the worst Arsenal tame in memory. Maddison playing for a Leicester side who were title challengers for a large part of the season.

Maddison was in and out of the side towards the end of last season due to problems with Brenda. Look I'm not saying he's the best playmaker in the world, but we'll agree to disagree on what Arsenal needs. We can both agree both Maddison and Ødegaard would add things we currently don't have and therefore both would be excellent signings.

I think we would still need more but its on the right track.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Maddison was in and out of the side towards the end of last season due to problems with Brenda. Look I'm not saying he's the best playmaker in the world, but we'll agree to disagree on what Arsenal needs. We can both agree both Maddison and Ødegaard would add things we currently don't have and therefore both would be excellent signings.

I think we would still need more but its on the right track.
60-70m on Maddison will never be on the right track brother.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
60-70m on Maddison will never be on the right track brother.

This money thing has to stop, especially this summer. Its obvious we have money this summer, i don't know why you're happy penny pinching? I'd rather get the better, more ready made player. What is that other £30M that we save buying Ødegaard going to do? Its clear the club have money when they're spending £20M+ on Ramsdale.

Frustratedgunner

Interesting. I’d say the best version of Ødegaard for Arsenal was vs West Ham and Brighton. I can’t recall Maddison dominating games like this.
Maddison doesnt dominate games like that because Leciester don't camp on the opponents box looking for intricate passing and working it around the 18 yard box.

They are a team that likes to attack at pace. Similar to Sp**s v City the other day. They are set up to absorb pressure and break. Not play tiki taka football around the edge of the box.

I personally don't think there's a lot in them. Maybe I think Maddison cause he has scored a few cracking goals and Leciester play better than us so it makes me view him as better than he is.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Maddison probably gives us marginally more due to his goal threat, but he's best in transition, and we aren't really a transition team, tactically or in terms of 1/2 the personnel. MO won't be as big an impact, but will cost 1/2 the amount - allowing us to tackle other priority positions, is younger, is a better fit for 2 different tactical systems we play, and most importantly doesn't have a potentially debilitating hip injury

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Wow Fabrizio has suddenly changed his tune :lol: :lol: :lol:

@field442 your boy starting to flip flop. What a stupid tweet, if they can't get the cheaper option in Ødegaard the more expensive guy is an option.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Good thing about this summer is it has exposed all the fraud 'ITKs'

- Simon Powell
- ConMarbleHalls
- Gunner Jasper

To name a few...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Fab just repeating himself everyday someone need to tell him to stop with repeating the news be like a real journalist he been repeating the same thing since summer started Ødegaard number 1 Maddison is option.

Divided_Pie

If Ødegaard comes in, curious how we set up in the front four if we stick with a 4231 (assuming no other big moves):

- One of Auba or Laca at central striker
- Saka at LW, Pepe at RW (or Auba at LW, Saka/Pepe at RW)
- Ødegaard or ESR at CAM

Where does ESR fit best if Odegarrd is first choice at CAM? Who are the odd men out?

I'm wondering if 352 makes more sense - with Saka and ESR as wingbacks, Ødegaard at CAM, and two of Auba/Laca/Pepe at forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom