• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yeah it's new. It essentially covers the blind spots that xG and xA do not.

Example 1

View attachment 4116

arsenal-possession-2.png

View attachment 4115

These are literally perfect examples. The acute angle where Kolasinac and Pepe are on the pitch, their xG would be quite low but the chances of a goal coming from their actions and position are quite high.

Expected threat would be a better way to measure their effectiveness in this scenario. Where I get confused is when xG and xA chain comes into it, that's where it starts becoming nonsense for me but I digress.
The Chain stats are where multiple players are involved in buildup I think, so they are used to show how one player improves the team buildup play whereas xT seems to be about the involvement of a single player... Might be wrong though

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Still gives me Kaka vibes. For now I'd rather see him at LW. Needs to up his goal output, but everything up until that point right now shows me he can be a serious player.

I think people have let Mbappe, Halaand and Sancho skew their views on young talents in terms of end product. A lot of young players take time to start producing consistent end product at the highest level.

Even Cristiano took about 3 seasons in the EPL of consistent football before he started looking like a consistent threat every game to score or provide and assist. Ferguson was very patient with him through his many frustrating games with poor decision making and forcing the issue.

Saka and ESR should not be the main focus for end product on this team being 19/20 year olds. Expensive signings who are meant to be in their primes like Pepe, Auba, Laca should be the main source of goals on this team.

We should have gone for someone like Buendia who has proven he can contribute with goals and assists and still be a prominent link up player. But is seems Aston Villa are even more attractive than Arsenal these days.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If Saka and ESR played under prime Wenger, they would be so devastating. They think the game so fast and have the technique to execute.
But when I say Pepe would be devastating under Wenger you accuse me of making excuses for him. Allow it. If my auntie had wheels she'd be a bike.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Some might even say if he's as good as some fans think he is then he'd have scored when he had that clear shot at goal, but i guess doing a good dribble and then a weak shot is good enough for an Arsenal no. 10 these days 👀
😨😨😨😨

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Keep the red cards coming people, I don’t give a sh*t about your beloved kids. They were sh*t last night.

Stick to your stats, mate, it's the best you can do, because according to this ☝️ you certainly can't read a football match with your eyes.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Some Arsenal fans seemingly wanting Saka and ESR to fail, weird but funny :lol:

Riou

What bullshit.

You do seem to enjoy when our young players do badly though.

Surely out of all our team, they should be the ones you cut the most slack, no?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

You do seem to enjoy when our young players do badly though.

Surely out of all our team, they should be the ones you cut the most slack, no?
I don't enjoy at all and you'll find in this very thread me calling them our best players.

I just think a lot of you guys opinions are wack and contradictory at the best of times, there's a big difference.

Riou

I don't enjoy at all and you'll find in this very thread me calling them our best players.

I just think a lot of you guys opinions are wack and contradictory at the best of times, there's a big difference.

I don't think you can be a football fan, without your opinion contradicting an earlier opinion you had...the nature of the game encourages an emotional response, which isn't always the most well thought out.

Good to know you don't dislike the young players though, you just dislike some posters on here :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom