• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lets rate our 2021 summer transfer window.

How do you rate our transfer business this summer?

• Total voters

Tomb Bombadil

Hard to rate. Could be a 1 in a few years but also could be an 9 by then. But if it's not over a 5 in retrospect we are ****ed for the next 5 years.

IstraBalagina

Hard to tell now. But it looks like 6/10 because we've spent a lot of money finally on potentially good players.
My biggest doubt is the Ben White price tag, I would rather have Luiz + Saliba and the 50m spent on a top class CM.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
27 players in the squad, I want fewer. The Turkish and Championship windows are still open, right? Really need to find loans for Kolasinac and either Nketiah or Balogun.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
giphy.gif

Pyres7

Gave it a four. Individually the signings aren't bad and they're in the right age range - early to mid 20s.

The problem is that when you look at it as a whole, I'm not sure how much have we have actually improved the first team after spending nearly £150m.

People are still predicting 6th with this squad, even though we all agreed that last season's squad was good enough for top 6, if not for the horror start. How can you spend £150m and still not have a higher expected finish?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Aside from the individual positions and players, the glaring issue in our squad is a lack of goals. This window was an opportunity to address that, but we've brought in;

- A CB who's unlikely to be much of a threat from set pieces
- A defensive right back
- No goal scoring CM (in fact we've sold our only one)
- An AM whose main weakness currently is his lack of output, specifically goals and xG
- No new striker (but kept our experienced goalscorers)

To give credit, I think our creativity is much better than last season with Ødegaard, ESR and Saka bedding into the team. Lokonga, White and Ramsdale may help with this from deeper positions over time as well. This could lead to more goals across the team but I'm very sceptical. Think we struggle to score enough this season.

Morning_woody

3 for me.

Edu needs to **** off.

We have spent £143,000,000 on young players that can potentially become good in xxx years. We haven't bought anyone that can make a difference from day one, except for Ødegaard maybe ( we don't have a 10 anyways)

We haven't been able to offload the usual suspects, we are only club in the world that can't offload unwanted players.

Edu really needs to get sacked asap

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Pro'sCons
Managed to buy a young starting RBOnly (temporarily) got rid of 1 of 3 inadequate RB's
Managed to get a back-up GKSpent way too much on the back-up GK
Improved at CB with a young promising signingSpent 50m on the improvement instead of fixing it internally whilst saving money for other needs
Got a young promising back-up CM in for a decent sumFailed to buy a (marquee) starter CM to partner with Partey
Managed to buy a creative CM for a decent priceFailed to sell Xhaka while haggling over 1-2m and subsequently bumpered his contract that was already making him unsellable (!)
Bought a back-up LB for a small-ish sumFailed to get a fee for Nketiah who is now walking out the door for free by haggling too long (!)
Managed to get rid of Willian without buying out his contract (a first for Edu)Failed to get a fee for all of our players bar a record setting HG midfielder
Now short in midfield whilst selling a talented CM
Absolutely atrocious handling of AMN on a human and business level (let's hope he can now slot in a midfield position)
Elneny is still here
Kolasinac is still here
Chambers is still here (and walking out the door for free)
Soares is still here
Lacazette is still here (and walking out the door for free)
Arteta and Edu still here (!)

I'm hopeful our signings will actually strengthen the team once we get a proper manager in, which just barely makes it a passing grade for me, despite the fact that our outgoing business has been dreadful whilst the likes of Chelsea, ManU etc. are picking up massive fees for nobodies and we can't get 30m for Willock.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Catastrophic failure.

This is Arteta's words in May. “The squad needs changing.” Judged on that basis the window has been a catastrophic failure. The squad by default is in a worst position as we've brought back players that were out on loan at that point he made that statement. Of the players on the books at that point we've only lost Luiz, Willian and Nelson.

The starting XI is largely the same
Ramsdale
Tomiyasu White Gabriel Tierney
Partey Xhaka
Saka Ode Esr
Aubameyang

8 players who were here at the point that statement was made are still here. The window has been a let down and we've kicked more problems down the road. Not good enough.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think people are being harsh on the incomings, I think they're good. It's the outgoings that are the problem.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Exactly why you can’t say he’s a poor signing. It’s very debatable.
The fact it’s debatable that he’s better than somebody we already have but we’ve spent 50M is exactly why it’s a poor signing.

If White isn’t better than Saliba then we’ve spent 50M to get worse?

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Gave it a 5.

One of the biggest priorities was getting an upgrade in CM position which it didn't happen. I like what I see from Sambi but he shouldn't be starting games here, yet. Even someone like Neves would be decent over Xhaka, and would improve us. It is what it is now, we're not getting into top 6 with Xhaka - Partey pivot even though I highly rate the latter.

I wasn't overly impressed with Ødegaard last season but he's the type of player we desperately needed. He's still young, wants to be here so there's a lot of room for improvements. We also didn't overpay so I'd recon we did a good piece of business here.

Not sure about Ben White. I understand the idea behind but it seems he's best utilised in a block of three where he's protected from physical pressure which gives him needed space and time to express his passing ability.

I like how we approached the GK situation. We brought in a young modern type GK and gave him time to bedd in and take over next season. Again, I like the idea but not sure about the quality, especially at that price.

Tavares will be a good understudy to Tierney, he'll also give him much needed competition. Not sure he's PL ready but at least he's looks physical enough to succeed. Plays witj enthusiasm which I like.

Don't know much about Tomi. On paper he looks like what we need at RB. Good price, and hopefully we had a lucky hand in the transfer market, for once. We need it.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Given the context and the position the club finds itself in, it can't be more than a 2. Given the money we've spent, it's probably a 1. The aim of a transfer window is to make the team better, we haven't done that.

We've actually gotten worse in comparison to the other teams. The top 4 are lightyears away now, and even the likes of Sp**s/Leicester have kept their best players and made a few smart additions.

Arteta and Edu are using the young players to hide behind. Their last "project", signing experienced players (Mari, Cedric, Willian, Partey) backfired spectacularly, so they've done a complete 180. It just shows their scatter gun approach.

Also let's not pretend like the other teams don't have top young players. United have Greenwood and Sancho. Chelsea have Mount, Havertz, Pullisic, James. City have Foden, Dias ect.

We are in massive trouble.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom