• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Carabao Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal 3 - 0 AFC Wimbledon | Wednesday, 22th September | KO: 19:45 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Large

Screenshot-20210919-130527.png

I expect a major change to our XI from the Burnley game.

1863502_Arsenal.jpg

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Considering we have no Europe this year, it makes sense to prioritise the domestic cups a bit more. I think we'll see another strong lineup.
Arteta is using it as an insurance in case we have another bad season in the league, he can point to our cup run and say "But we did well in the cups."

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Leno
Cedric Chambers Mari Tavares
AMN Patino

This 7 is a must imo
Don't know what to do with the attack
Martinelli Laca Balogun
Nketiah

Can go with this but all 4 are just cfs. Laca is the only one who can contribute in general play out of these at a high level. Maybe play esr into form while dropping one of nketiah / Balogun.

bergholt

Leno
Cedric Chambers Mari Tavares
AMN Patino

This 7 is a must imo
Don't know what to do with the attack
Martinelli Laca Balogun
Nketiah

Can go with this but all 4 are just cfs. Laca is the only one who can contribute in general play out of these at a high level. Maybe play esr into form while dropping one of nketiah / Balogun.

Zero chance of Patino getting a run out

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I’ve always liked the league cup because it gives the youngsters and fringe players a chance to impress. It’s also about time we won one of these.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Need a to play our B side here, with a few of the next gen prospects. Still plenty of quality. I personally wouldn't start with Laca - bring him off the bench and start him against Sp**s where I'd also rest Saka.

Something like -

-- --- --- --- --- -- --- Leno
Chambers - Holding- Mari - Nuno
--------------- AMN. Patino
------------------------- ESR
-------- Saka. Balogun. Martinelli

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Need a to play our B side here, with a few of the next gen prospects. Still plenty of quality. I personally wouldn't start with Laca - bring him off the bench and start him against Sp**s where I'd also rest Saka.

Something like -

-- --- --- --- --- -- --- Leno
Chambers - Holding- Mari - Nuno
--------------- AMN. Patino
------------------------- ESR
-------- Saka. Balogun. Martinelli

Surely Saka is one player that should be rested. I'd rather play Pepe, he needs the practice! :)

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
No one cares about this competition, don't even know why it's still a thing. City's reserve team winning it every season makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Rest all relevant players for Sp**s, give the kids a runout. Hopefully Patino plays.

I wouldn’t exactly call it City’s reserves.

This was their starting lineup for the final against Spuds.

Rodri, Zinchenko and Stones all started the semi final too in place of Walker, Fernandinho & Laporte.

Attachments

• 7ABAEAF2-13D6-4C82-A847-98668BC96F05.jpeg
    7ABAEAF2-13D6-4C82-A847-98668BC96F05.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 9

pascal_stepanovs

I would play
Leno
Chambers Holding Mari Tavares
AMN Lokonga
Patino
ESR Laca Martnelli

ESR is the only player who started the weekend game who should play IMO because he needs some game time.
Ode should definitely be rested IMO.He had a busy round of games during international break. Auba and Saka too.
I think the line up will be close to that minus ESR. You can't justify playing him when Balagon, Biereth and Eddie are all pushing for places. ESR has had big injuries problems too so still needs to be nursed through the season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When it was called the Carling Cup, and the intro for it on Sky was "Inner Smile" by Texas, it was good.

Needs to go back to that to get some credibility as a trophy back, would still like to win it though.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Can't understand that logic at all. An injury-prone player coming to a new league, giving couple of very good performances straightaway, and he needs to be risked in an easy cup match to "get as much game-time as possible"?

I forgot Chambers so either Chambers or Cedric as RB. Depending on training performances and tactics.

I won't forgive Arteta if he risks Tomiyasu before Tottenham match when we have 3 decend enough RB's.

That would go to the section similar to when the club had a genius moment to play couple derby friendlies before the season and got our most important player Partey injured.
No worries mate, this is a public fans forum from all over the world so we are all going to have different opinions on different things.

If you can't understand my logic in that then so be it, I'm going to have mine, your going to have yours.

Without a doubt I've got a feeling that Tomiyasu is going to be our top RB now but because we've got other CB's too & he's just started with us then I think he may aswell get good with as many of our CB's, keepers & LB's as possible considering he won't be injured.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

No worries mate, this is a public fans forum from all over the world so we are all going to have different opinions on different things.

If you can't understand my logic in that then so be it, I'm going to have mine, your going to have yours.

Without a doubt I've got a feeling that Tomiyasu is going to be our top RB now but because we've got other CB's too & he's just started with us then I think he may aswell get good with as many of our CB's, keepers & LB's as possible considering he won't be injured.
Even if we don't have European games, EPL is a lot tougher than Serie A.

Season before he played ~29,5 games when total minutes are divided by 90. Last season he played 32,5 games. This has all the cup games included.

EPL has 38 games, plus two cups. He himself said he was injured last season too much.

I see no sense at all to give him 3 games in a week straightaway, when it's clear he can adjust to the league and the team very well. He doesn't need all the minutes he can get to adjust, it's clear.

It's better also to adjust to the team etc. when you're fresh. And not playing him all the time keeps him fresher for the end of season when he will likely get tired anyway in his first season.

This is clearly _the_ game you give him a rest.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

No worries, I see your point so in the end I guess I wouldn't be fussed eitherway now. As long as Chambers or Cesdric are capable enough to fill in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom