• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Hear what you are saying...Elneny to start until Xhaka is fit again, agree.
You’re joking but I think Elneny is levels above Lokonga.

And just a few months ago I was saying that Elneny should never play for us how we have Lokonga. I’ve learnt this season that experience does play a big part, especially in those central midfield positions.

IstraBalagina

I’ll fly a plane over you when you’re working, telling you to **** off out of the job and we’ll see how you cope.
Tobey Maguire Lol GIF

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You’re joking but I think Elneny is levels above Lokonga.

And just a few months ago I was saying that Elneny should never play for us how we have Lokonga. I’ve learnt this season that experience does play a big part, especially in those central midfield positions.

So far our summer business looks terrible if we’re basing this on our priorities.

Ben White, Ødegaard and Lokonga all weren’t necessary signings. Add the fact that we signed a player that looks more comfortable at CB as opposed to RB. Heck even Tavares could be added to that list since we could have signed a starting LB to bench Tierney.

Our short term needs should have been placed right at the top of our priorities after finishing 8th. Have we really improved our starting eleven from last season after spending 100m+? Doesn’t look like it.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Villa and Leicester next, this guy isn't out of the woods yet. Need the pressure on and then a humiliation at Anfield. :drool:

You can always count on Liverpool to give us a thrashing at Anfield, no matter who is on Liverpool's bench 🤣

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Mate, he was regarded not just by us but by loads of people in football as a huge managerial prospect. The Athletic and all these journos haven't just made some pro-Arteta conspiracy because, well, I have no idea, but rather because that is the reality. Before he succeeded at City and further enhanced his reputation there were a lot of reasons to think he was an interesting managerial prospect, I wrote about some of them when he left for City and (as confirmed by Per) the club felt they were losing a very interesting managerial prospect. When he succeeded at City and gained the respect of a lot more people in that club and in football there were more.

Just as player prospects don't work out sometimes for whatever reason, so can happen and seems to have happened with Arteta. It doesn't make the idea any less sensible in hindsight. It's little different than someone like Reiss Nelson. Were we dumb to give him contract extensions and think he had an important future at the club ahead of him just because of what we know now? No, of course not, based on the information we had available at the times of Reiss' contracts we had every reason to believe he could go on to be a big player...that is just the reality of prospects, they don't always work out, or don't always work out when you think they will.

But this revisionist history and hindsight stuff is just bollocks, tbh. Arteta was an interesting hire and certainly a better one than Em*ry, which was just horrid and the definition of incompetence and had no good reasoning whatsoever. Betting on a big managerial prospect is a big bet like betting on any type of prospect, because it's much more of a bet than choosing someone proven, but given how little interesting options there were at that time, and given the need for a high potential manager at this club (we are not Madrid where we can make hires like Ancelotti, hedging our bets with a mediocre manager, knowing we have a talent advantage) it was an understandable bet, also considering the need for a visionary type at the club given our poor leadership at the top.
Big man you're gonna have to sit this one out. You are using the Athletic as a credible source? FFS. The Athletic is the only propaganda machine that works harder than Kim Jong Il's in North Korea. Highly regarded by who? You mean his ex work colleagues? Pep, Sterling and Sane. Isn't Xhaka highly regarded by his managers? Doesn't mean he's very good does it? I mean come on, you never had a reference written for you?

At this point this one sided vendetta against Emery is lame. We got to an European final and finished one point off top 4, in his first season. We all know how he wanted guys like Zaha, Maguire, Nkunku and Banega and got shafted for guys like Torreria, Pepe, Soktratis and Denis Suarez. Emery done better with players that were not his unlike Arteta. Do you know how bad that is? And I don't even like Emery. It is always better to go for someone with a credible CV than someone who's entire praise comes from his friends or ex-colleagues.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Now, now, children.

Our friend Abou has finally seen the light, lets us not hastly judge and risk pushing him back towards Mikels U-shaped arms with silly "told you so's". No, welcome him. Offer him your kindness and undestanding, for Arteta's allure is not a spell easily broken.

Specially because we all know a jammy win against Villa and Leicester will have the journos eating from the palm of Lego Hair'd manager's hand again.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Big man you're gonna have to sit this one out. You are using the Athletic as a credible source? FFS. The Athletic is the only propaganda machine that works harder than Kim Jong Il's in North Korea. Highly regarded by who? You mean his ex work colleagues? Pep, Sterling and Sane. Isn't Xhaka highly regarded by his managers? Doesn't mean he's very good does it? I mean come on, you never had a reference written for you?

At this point this one sided vendetta against Emery is lame. We got to an European final and finished one point off top 4, in his first season. We all know how he wanted guys like Zaha, Maguire, Nkunku and Banega and got shafted for guys like Torreria, Pepe, Soktratis and Denis Suarez. Emery done better with players that were not his unlike Arteta. Do you know how bad that is? And I don't even like Emery. It is always better to go for someone with a credible CV than someone who's entire praise comes from his friends or ex-colleagues.

Lets not rewrite history. Emery wanted Suarez.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I've been so disappointed by that abomination of a performance last night that I haven't been able to log on until now.

I am tearing my hair out with frustration and totally bemused, he is failing so badly and disliked by the majority of our fan base yet his position doesn't seem under any pressure at all.

It just doesn't make any sense at all.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Never really seen the hype outside the Arsenal bubble & a few key Spanish journos.

Its not even 'the Athletic' but the Arsenal group within the Athletic all the pushing same narrative... its like a fox in the hen house when a non Arsenal guy joins. :lol:

This is a losing battle. they are spending so much effort on selling the idea he is good. But every match we play his stock get worse. If we didnt play football matches this idea could work. But when palace and brighton is outplaying you, its an impossible sell

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
That was me trying to be fake positive. All guns are out now, I hate this team, hate most of the players, hate Arteta, hate Vinny and will openly hope we lose and crumble as a club.

Had enough. Some will say you should never go against your club, these people are better than me. I’m a weak broken man at this point, let me hope for defeat in peace.

3 weeks ago
Hi gays, hope you’re all having a nice day. After careful consideration over the last few weeks, I would just like to announce I’m again “Arteta In”.

As I said before, I wasn’t happy with how the funds were spent during the summer window, but we did spend them on young, good signings, who I think will all flourish here - as I have always maintained.

Looking at our team/squad and comparing it to our rivals, I believe we are on course to finish 5th and build again next summer. That’s an improvement and a step forward in our “process”.

I have seen enough to say that I’m backing my boy Micky, and fully in the process. Tomiyasu and Ramsdale are big signings, White Ben will only improve, Sambi is a baller etc. Then you have our own guys like Saka, ESR etc. Let’s get behind these boys, I will.

God bless you all.
😀

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom