• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Found the rolling xG from yesterday. You can see we fought hard for 25 minutes before the rout started, then it was one way traffic. What is disheartening is that Mikel did nothing to try and change this disaster as it was unfolding. Our xG barely changes. He was caught as much in the headlights as our players.

6995-A340-4-A2-F-45-E7-BD03-F1363421-EF95.jpg
Get this witchcraft out of the thread, you ArtetaOuters have resorted to posting squiggly lines now? It's pathetic, honestly.

@Jury @rich 1990 @farzad4daarse how am I doing chief?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

The youth project might be genuine ambition or it might be a very clever way to lower expectations.

The only way we'll tell will be with their treatment of Mikel. If our metrics continue to be poor but Mikel is kept on then it's definitely the latter. Of all the clubs in the world, you'd expect that Arsenal would know that having a young team isn't that much of an excuse.

And that's why you can't get away with just being **** for years while the young players develop. You need a reason to actually keep them. :lol:

Doesn't make sense for Arsenal to spend the most they ever have and not have expectations.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Doesn't make sense for Arsenal to spend the most they ever have and not have expectations.
In the grand scheme of things, a one off season of 150M could be a PR exercise to get the fans off their back. Sounds a bit conspiracy-ish I know, I also agree that it's unlikely.

But if Arteta continues to be bang average and our board keep backing him then you have no choice but to go with that.

skience3

We where far too soft as a club on that one though. I think Juve and City where also interested in him at the time.

We should have made it perfectly clear you either go to one of them or stay for another season but we're not selling you to United. Basically ended the last remnants of that rivalry and gift wrapped Ferguson his last title.
It's really is unforgivable how RVP left. Tbf I remember Juventus offering something ridiculous like 7m. We should have just kept him for that season and risked losing him on a free the following year. Every chance we could have competed for the title with Cazorla added to the team.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

In the grand scheme of things, a one off season of 150M could be a PR exercise to get the fans off their back. Sounds a bit conspiracy-ish I know, I also agree that it's unlikely.

But if Arteta continues to be bang average and our board keep backing him then you have no choice but to go with that.

Why would a businessman keep investing into a failing business?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Stan Kroenke doesnt invest his own money, he allow the club to spend the clubs money. Do you really think Kroenke used his own money to sign Ben White?

Do you think a businessman would spend 150M of his business's cash for a PR stunt?

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom