• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He just needs to keep plugging away. Enjoy the confidence of the manager and the stability of knowing that this is his club.

It is a fantastic chance for him to finally realise his potential without having to worry about where he'll be next season. His career has been awfully planned, now it is time to make amends.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Good. A lil competition never hurt anybody. I feel like Saka and Martinelli are our most in-form attackers so it will be a battle for ESR and Ødegaard for the 10 spot.
ESR and Ødegaard are quite different though. You can stick ESR out on the wing, and Ødegaard can play as an 8, especially should we go with a proper defensive midfielder in a 4-1-4-1/4-5-1 setup.

You can also play them together with ESR on the left wing and Ødegaard as a 10. Once we get into Europe, we're going to need that flexibility.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Despite ESR’s goal, it’s clear Ødegaard is better in that position. Thought Smith Rowe was invisible until that break away. Ødegaard had a good game, linked up well with Saka. Starting to see him ply with confidence again.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Loving his performances recently. He links very well with Laca. I feel if we can bring in a striker with a bit of a physical presence then we could see the best of Ødegaard.

Love the fact he’s chipping in with goals too. My biggest concern heading into the season was our lack of goal scorers, particularly in midfield. But he’s stepped up- FairPlay to him.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Loving his off the ball work, always tries to get free and create holes to pass into.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Love the fact he’s chipping in with goals too. My biggest concern heading into the season was our lack of goal scorers, particularly in midfield. But he’s stepped up- FairPlay to him.
I wasn't worried, and said that ESR and Ødegaard have a great shot, so it's mostly a matter of time. And it was.

Now we just need Saka to have a bit more luck with his shots. He isn't as good shooter as those two, but he has good enough finishing potential.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Played well again last night, would he nice if he could get a good run of fixtures going now. Not sure if Arteta feels that way but to me it's more Laca he's competing with for that number 10 type role rather than ESR.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Played well again last night, would he nice if he could get a good run of fixtures going now. Not sure if Arteta feels that way but to me it's more Laca he's competing with for that number 10 type role rather than ESR.
I think with the current Auba situation that thought process is gone. Laca will probably inhabit the striker position for the foreseeable future, especially with Afcon around the corner.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom