• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just listen to what Neville, Drogba, Rio, Evra, Carragher, Carragher etc keep saying about post Invincible Wenger teams, listen to what these for managers from the small teams like Blackburn, Stoke, Bolton, etc. they all say somewhat the same thing. I paraphrase: “We all knew what Arsenal were all about, Arsenal only played one way. All you had to do was not give them time and space, rush them, raffle and rough them a little bit from the start. That normally rattle them, then they would get back into their shells etc”.
No one gives a fuxk about what any of those idíots said. We just didn't have the budget of our rivals to win titles. Far worse managers than Wenger have gone to city and Chelsea to win titles. Yet no one would say those managers were better than Wenger.

All those stuff you just quoted are just media bs/narratives. Look at our games vs united those days. They used to kick the **** out of us and nothing happened. The game plan worked because the officials allowed it to work, if they'd done their jobs properly, I doubt teams would have come on to the pitch with the intention of kicking our players. Did you watch the CL quarter finals in 07/08? Look at the blatant penalty that wasn't given for our team in the last minute of the game. There's no way, you're competing with a behemoth like united and a super rich Chelsea team and you'll be expected to win especially when the officiation is kinda biased against you.

Goonerist

No one gives a fuxk about what any of those idíots said. We just didn't have the budget of our rivals to win titles. Far worse managers than Wenger have gone to city and Chelsea to win titles. Yet no one would say those managers were better than Wenger.

All those stuff you just quoted are just media bs/narratives. Look at our games vs united those days. They used to kick the **** out of us and nothing happened. The game plan worked because the officials allowed it to work, if they'd done their jobs properly, I doubt teams would have come on to the pitch with the intention of kicking our players. Did you watch the CL quarter finals in 07/08? Look at the blatant penalty that wasn't given for our team in the last minute of the game. There's no way, you're competing with a behemoth like united and a super rich Chelsea team and you'll be expected to win especially when the officiation is kinda biased against you.
But you have to care about what your rivals say about you if what they keep saying is very obvious and was always highlighted time and time again.
If those guys are all independent, from completely different clubs / teams and all saying the same thing then you have got to at least acknowledge.
And who has said that all those managers were better than Wenger? They were better than him and some aspect while Wenger was also better than some of them in certain aspects.

We can make all kinds of excuses about whatever (The officials, Us being kicked, Money etc), but that is not the only reason we had become so predictable, easy to defeat by other big clubs / teams. If we can stop burying our heads in the sand, calm down our emotions / feelings and start looking at things much more objectively instead of always looking for excuses and victimhood then we can start maturely growing. We all love wenger and that Cesc side. We know that Chelsea / United had more money than us. But that’s not the whole story. Leicester won the league, Portmouth, Birmingham, Wigan, Swansea etc all won domestic cups back then. Teams won Europa. Atletico Madrid were challenging the likes of Barcelona and Madrid in La Liga, they won a La Liga if I can remember, they got very far in the CL on multiple occasion etc. How did they get there without oil money or Man United kind of cash? They had a manager that was very tactical and very street smart in my opinion.

Just burying ones head in the sand and dismissing former rivals criticism of us back then does no one any good. Lets take away the over the top emotional look at things..

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

There isn't a single rival fan who I showed the 04/05 EPL game at Old Toilet to who wasn't absolutely disgusted by the officiating that day. I think a lot of people aren't aware of quite how bad it was, from the Rio elbow on Freddie while through on goal to the RvN karate kick to Cole's knee to the rotational fouling on Reyes from the chuckle brothers, and then Cole gets a yellow for his first foul.

Absolutely blatant.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
There isn't a single rival fan who I showed the 04/05 EPL game at Old Toilet to who wasn't absolutely disgusted by the officiating that day. I think a lot of people aren't aware of quite how bad it was, from the Rio elbow on Freddie while through on goal to the RvN karate kick to Cole's knee to the rotational fouling on Reyes from the chuckle brothers, and then Cole gets a yellow for his first foul.

Absolutely blatant.

Not to mention the penalty, a beached whale feebly bellyflopping to the ground in slow motion, despite being three miles away and having an obstructed view Mike ’i’m just giving it now Ruud’ Riley realises that’s his cue and smashes Usian Bolt’s record on his way to the penalty spot.
The most corrupt and infuriating game of football I have ever seen.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Some on AM put Casper in a pile of dung from the beginning. But now everyone sees and loves Casper!

Congrats, captain. 5 games with 3+3=6, and not even the easiest opponents.

casper the friendly ghost 90s GIF

Ravirep

Haha deffo :lol:

This is just the beginning, he can do better on freekicks, assists will increase as the team gets more effetive and I am still waiting for him to show more of his dribbling and shooting abilities which he does have when confident. Well deserved prize!! My favourite player. My only worry with him is that he needs to be rested some times since he runs more than anyone else. Seems too be handling playing many full 90s better than last years though, and has toughened up a bit.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Congrats to Ode. Took him a little while to find his feet but the performances where he acted like a boss is what won him the accolade. More of those starting again on Sunday.

Reactions: A_G

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Ødegaard deservedly won November and December premier league player of the month but for some reason Arsenal fans didn’t vote him as the winner of the Arsenal player of the month in November or December… 🤔

Spuds 0 - 2 Arsenal

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

F*cking hero.

He is so good at finding space. What a meteoric rise he has done since he came here. Stepping up in big games, from shooting without confidence to top scorer in our team. Holy

Iwobeast

Established Member

Becoming a de Bruyne level threat from outside the box, that was the only part that was missing from his game.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom