• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He just tried to be clever in some moment at 2nd half for no reason at 1st half was fantastic he should have just came off after Mcginn challenge there was no need he continued for 10min.

Hopefully nothing serious it was awful challenge and last thing we need player out for 2-3 weeks

juice man

Can't make his mind up
He's so good with the ball. Makes quick (and correct) decisions, has excellent footwork, can dribble, accurate and well weighted passes, etc...
Its not always going to lead to an assist or a created chance, but playing through him means we're going to retain possession and create better quality opportunities throughout the match.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Ødegaard reminds me a lot of Cazorla. One of my favorite Gunners I am not much taller than Santi and when I played in my schoolyard pomp, I could turn and nutmeg taller players very easily. Good to have short little legs in football. He isn’t that tiny but he has that little technical genius in who enjoys receiving the ball in tight space, those types of players, I was one but I won’t call myself i genius not that narcissist, like the big lumbering guys to get close to them because they always know they can stop and start faster and change direction quicker. About the only thing along with airplane seats that are better for the shorter man.

Ode is not a midget but he has that little guys stop and start, that balance that makes other more physical players look oafish. And he also has a shooters feel for goals like a Cazorla. That beautiful pint sized Spaniard singlehandedly won us that comeback cup after it looked like it was going to be a humiliating failure. That free kick went in I knew it was going to happen. Ronaldo is great but all the best prayers are 5’8 and under in my book. Peek, maradona, Messi, even Gerd Mueller. Nothing beats fat little legs and a short turning radius in football.
What a load of drivel, also ode is 5'10 and doesn't have tiny legs. He's nothing like Santi. If there is any ex arsenal player to compare him to it's a cross between Özil and cesc.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Another good game, our creative heart. Starting to live up to his wonderkid hype. ESR needs to start stepping up because we can't play Ode every game with such a fixture congestion and Europe.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He just tried to be clever in some moment at 2nd half for no reason at 1st half was fantastic he should have just came off after Mcginn challenge there was no need he continued for 10min.

Hopefully nothing serious it was awful challenge and last thing we need player out for 2-3 weeks
Yup he was clearly hurt and everyone in the ground was screaming for him to be subbed - no idea why it took so long. It better not have made it worse, hopefully just a knock. When it comes to our starting 11 I'm starting to think Ødegaard and Xhaka are our two most non-negotiable starters...

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Arteta over played him first five games and should use ESR to spell him more rapidly. I get trying to get your first unit to gel but now your first unit except Xhaka are hurt. He needs to rotate better and get ESR and viera some time. I don’t get it is Viera a 45 million pound player, then if he is why don’t you play him.

tcahill

Been on fire this season, one of the best midfielders in the league. I don't know what he snorts pre game but he presses like a madman and never looks tired.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Really worried about his injury, huge drop-off from him to ESR in the 10 and it seems to early to give Fabio the start against United (Fabio should get his first start next Thursday in the EL). Really bad timing...
Even though I want to see Vieira give a chance in his position, I thought ESR did well when he was on. More calm now about his injury situation provided it's not too serious. We can handle couple of games with ESR without too much drop I think. Specially against the Mancs. The problem is it'll then leave us with no depths out wide though.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Even though I want to see Vieira give a chance in his position, I thought ESR did well when he was on. More calm now about his injury situation provided it's not too serious. We can handle couple of games with ESR without too much drop I think. Specially against the Mancs. The problem is it'll then leave us with no depths out wide though.
Personally I think there is a major drop off from Ødegaard to ESR. Perhaps the biggest drop off in our team along with Saka to the next and Thomas to the next. Ødegaard is the creative hub and has an ability to get on the ball and keep possession and keep play moving forward and create opportunities that ESR really hasn't shown at this point.

Hopefully he steps up, though, and reminds us of the player we saw in the 10 position when Arteta first inserted him into the team pre-Ødegaard (tbf, some of his best performances then were against pretty poor competition, looking back). I do worry, though. Fabio Silva looks the much more secure in possession, creative, and technical to me of the two, so if Ødegaard does miss out it's really too bad it came before we could introduce Fabio into the team in EL.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Arteta over played him first five games and should use ESR to spell him more rapidly. I get trying to get your first unit to gel but now your first unit except Xhaka are hurt. He needs to rotate better and get ESR and viera some time. I don’t get it is Viera a 45 million pound player, then if he is why don’t you play him.

I've seen you quote this figure a few times, got a source for this? I see £35m everywhere.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I've seen you quote this figure a few times, got a source for this? I see £35m everywhere.
35 million whatever play him and don’t run Ødegaard to death the only thing he didn’t do first five matches is sell the tea.

Keplaz

I think the idea was to play the first unit until the EL started. And then rotate for the EL. But the intensity we play it is insane. People will need rest.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom