• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Really happy for him, he has needed this stability for a long long time. Now he has the environment and opportunity to become a really top player.

Something still nags at me when it comes to Ødegaard. That he would leave for Madrid if he realises his potential with us.

By the way Jeeves, how do you pronounce his surname? If seen some different ways its been said.
I see it a different way. He made a bad call as a youngster going to a club that almost never develop young players and let them into the first team. I think he is Madrid’s level eventually if he keeps developing, remember their midfield 3 is old and broken up. He just made a mistake going there too soon. I don’t think he would want a horizontal move up in club, unless we fail real disastrously on the field and I don’t see that happening with the level of investment. I think being a Madrid exile; with no home for 3 years than coming to a smaller, but not by that much smaller club and finding a home will be a big deal for him. If anything I think as long as the individual and team performances are reasonable; I see him staying and being Captain for awhile because of the Madrid experience.

Farzad Stoned

By the way, for Ødegaard Arsenal is a better fit than one of the Spanish giants I’d be more worried if he started killing it if city came knocking. But I think even then his future unless his form dips drastically is pretty secure long term. Barca has no money and Madrid is a horrible place to play unless you kill it every season and every match; or get idolized like Ramos. If you are non Spanish player having a couple bad matches; the Madrid media and fans will ship you out to Osasuna or the end of the bench that next week. He fits the club level and culture and we got plenty of money to for his level

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I see it a different way. He made a bad call as a youngster going to a club that almost never develop young players and let them into the first team. I think he is Madrid’s level eventually if he keeps developing, remember their midfield 3 is old and broken up. He just made a mistake going there too soon. I don’t think he would want a horizontal move up in club, unless we fail real disastrously on the field and I don’t see that happening with the level of investment. I think being a Madrid exile; with no home for 3 years than coming to a smaller, but not by that much smaller club and finding a home will be a big deal for him. If anything I think as long as the individual and team performances are reasonable; I see him staying and being Captain for awhile because of the Madrid experience.
There's no worry about him leaving for a while like you say. But he must also keep improving and getting more solid in performances. I have always said he has the potential to be a more complete Özil.

Pretty sure I have seen him say being a Liverpool fan earlier. But surely player like him has loved all the AMF's and ballers Wenger had and played beautiful football with.

Can see him being happy at Arsenal for a long time, especially because of what you say, his experience at Real and now being loved and starting at a top club. Why risk it again, unless later in career if Arsenal doesn't rise to competing for top trophies.

Farzad Stoned

There's no worry about him leaving for a while like you say. But he must also keep improving and getting more solid in performances. I have always said he has the potential to be a more complete Özil.

Pretty sure I have seen him say being a Liverpool fan earlier. But surely player like him has loved all the AMF's and ballers Wenger had and played beautiful football with.

Can see him being happy at Arsenal for a long time, especially because of what you say, his experience at Real and now being loved and starting at a top club. Why risk it again, unless later in career if Arsenal doesn't rise to competing for top trophies.
That is the big unknowable as it still has to produce something this partnership for the club and player but with the level of investment and Arteta improving I don’t foresee either his level or the clubs dropping so much as to jeopardize what both sides have.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Still cannot handle being pressed hard, but other than that has the skills needed.

Will grow though, Im confident Arteta will help him remove the final weaknesses in his game.
The good thing about that is that it's much easier to develop the strength to deal with an aggressive press than the technical ability and foot speed which he already has in abundance. He'll figure it out. He should watch videos of Fabregas. I have never seen a more press resistant player than Prime Cesc. He was unreal in that respect.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

And you've gone mythological.
When we signed him you claimed we spent a premium on him and that our summer window was a 3 then you downgraded to a 2 after thinking more about it as you claimed we've only signed backups. Like I said, I am glad you've done a complete 180 on your attitude towards him going from an unexciting backup to an important player with another level to go up.

3 max. Little improvement on what we had already. Just back up and replacements. Nothing new and exciting like when we bought marquee players eg Özil, Sanchez etc. Mind you there's not much to attract players like that any more, can't even make Europa league.

Downgraded my vote to a 2 this morning. Had a chance to sleep on it.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Really happy for him, he has needed this stability for a long long time. Now he has the environment and opportunity to become a really top player.

Something still nags at me when it comes to Ødegaard. That he would leave for Madrid if he realises his potential with us.

By the way Jeeves, how do you pronounce his surname? If seen some different ways its been said.
I watched an interview when he first joined and (i think) he claimed to be an arsenal fan growing up, think it was the one on arsenal.com?

Last edited:

drippin

Oh wow I really hope that isn't true :lol: :eek: edit: https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/...ack-to-become-norways-first-global-superstar/ looks like you were right
Klopp didn't want him, pretty sure he would have gone there otherwise. Liverpool was also somewhat stacked, while at Arsenal Ødegaard knew he would start a lot.

But like I said below earlier, I have no doubt the he liked Wenger's football and certain players in his younger days. It's hard to imagine he didn't with the football all of them love, unless he somehow hated Arsenal, which would be odd for a Norwegian.

I assume with his maturity, he appreciated where he is now a lot.

drippin

He’ll repent after he’s done leading us to a couple of prem titles
There are worse examples. And AMF like Ødegaard for certain loves all similar midfielders in some way, like Fabregas, Rosicky, Cazorla or Özil etc.

Imagine Tottenham buying Doherty, who is an Arsenal fan.

We got a mature young man who will surely love Arsenal too.

Farzad Stoned

Ødegaard reminds me a lot of Cazorla. One of my favorite Gunners I am not much taller than Santi and when I played in my schoolyard pomp, I could turn and nutmeg taller players very easily. Good to have short little legs in football. He isn’t that tiny but he has that little technical genius in who enjoys receiving the ball in tight space, those types of players, I was one but I won’t call myself i genius not that narcissist, like the big lumbering guys to get close to them because they always know they can stop and start faster and change direction quicker. About the only thing along with airplane seats that are better for the shorter man.

Ode is not a midget but he has that little guys stop and start, that balance that makes other more physical players look oafish. And he also has a shooters feel for goals like a Cazorla. That beautiful pint sized Spaniard singlehandedly won us that comeback cup after it looked like it was going to be a humiliating failure. That free kick went in I knew it was going to happen. Ronaldo is great but all the best prayers are 5’8 and under in my book. Peek, maradona, Messi, even Gerd Mueller. Nothing beats fat little legs and a short turning radius in football.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When we signed him you claimed we spent a premium on him and that our summer window was a 3 then you downgraded to a 2 after thinking more about it as you claimed we've only signed backups. Like I said, I am glad you've done a complete 180 on your attitude towards him going from an unexciting backup to an important player with another level to go up.
Yeah, you've scoured my posts and can see that I've had nothing but praise for Ødegaard, so you're flanneling as usual.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom